Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Me Back!!

Welcome Me Back!!

hey everybody!!!

sure miss talking with you PT guys! anyone remember me, gina?
    I haven't been to PT like... uh, six months....and I have a lot to say about my animals..

um here's a poll I'd like to ask, of course I remember this PT where people are helpful! hope to get many answers soon.

my second black cat, zephyra is going to be pregnant...(not now...soon..maybe) but I can't wait to know which those names you think I should call those little hearts, thanks!

1) Aloe Vera
    2) Whispers
    3) Candace
    4) Chase
    5) Bugsy
    6) Mykolas

just say the number(s) or "alll" you think good name(s)...looking purrward to hear from you --- grazie again!
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

HI, welcome back. I actually like all of those names. They are the type of names that you do not hear every day (my favorite kind).
    I do have one question though: Why are you getting your cat pregnant? Unless she is a top specimen of her breed then I can see no reason to add to the already OVER abundance of cats in this world. If you just want kittens there are PLENTY available!!!!!!
    (don't let my question spoil your return, I just felt obligated to ask)

I'd love to give ideas, but it's kind of much easier to name kittens when they are already born...! Sometimes, just seeing a kitten is enough to "pop up" a name

Actually Scrappy is a pretty good name. that was the name of my late Tuxedo Cat , who passed on 3 years ago. He got the name as , when he was a kitten , refused to back down to the bigger Pouncer. He was a good Cat.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Originally posted by jenluckenbach
    Why are you getting your cat pregnant? Unless she is a top specimen of her breed then I can see no reason to add to the already OVER abundance of cats in this world. If you just want kittens there are PLENTY available!!!!!!
    Welcome back to Pet Talk

Same response at Jen, please don't breed your cat. Do you know that black & black & white cats are most often overlooked in the shelters

PS. I know you'll arrange good homes before you breed but sadly some of these 'went to a good home' kittens end up at the shelter.

guys..I don't really know how to answer jen's q.

but I'll try.
    -I haven't seen more kittens, you have no idea how often I visited SPCAS..tons.
    -I'll have to pay for adoption.
    -some adoption places refuse let me have kittens because I have a dog.
    -at least I have rescued 6 cats.
    -I do feel bad and guilt when anyone ask me like jen did.
    -zephyra got pregnant accidentally and I said she 'might' is.
    -and I have to say...it was my childhood dream seeing a mother giving birth and to be with me all the way or I feel detached from animals. I mean what's wrong with it. I tried?

-I haven't seen more kittens, you have no idea how often I visited SPCAS..tons. look harder

-I'll have to pay for adoption. you will need to pay for a lot more than adoption if you bring a litter of kittens into this world

-some adoption places refuse let me have kittens because I have a dog. but some will

-at least I have rescued 6 cats. good. but what about the other 10 million that are being put to sleep

-I do feel bad and guilt when anyone ask me like jen did. sorry

-zephyra got pregnant accidentally and I said she 'might' is. I understand accidents, but if she is NOT than you should try hard to keep it that way

-and I have to say...it was my childhood dream seeing a mother giving birth and to be with me all the way or I feel detached from animals. I mean what's wrong with it. I tried try to foster a pregnant stray that a rescue organization might have captured through her birth. This will benefit you both. This cat might not make it on her own, but with your help will be able to raise her family and then hopefully find a home for herself. AND you get to be there for thse kittens. I did this, it is wonderful

Really Gini, search for organizations in your area. They can find you kittens or unwanted cats that are already pregnant for you to raise (foster). Even if ALL of your cat's kittens find home, and they ALL turn out to be good homes, that means that many LESS cats that are already in shelters will find homes and they will be put to sleep. NO ONE should purposely bring animals into this world when so many are dieing every day.

Originally posted by Gina's Ark Inc.
    guys..I don't really know how to answer jen's q.

but I'll try.
    -I haven't seen more kittens, you have no idea how often I visited SPCAS..tons.
    -I'll have to pay for adoption.
    -some adoption places refuse let me have kittens because I have a dog.
    -at least I have rescued 6 cats.
    -I do feel bad and guilt when anyone ask me like jen did.
    -zephyra got pregnant accidentally and I said she 'might' is.
    -and I have to say...it was my childhood dream seeing a mother giving birth and to be with me all the way or I feel detached from animals. I mean what's wrong with it. I tried?
    Notice that all these excuses start with "I". You need to stop thinking about yourself and start thinking about your sweet cat.

Get her spayed asap, there is no excuse about leting an adult cat get pregnant on purpose. What if she dies during labour...would you still be happy to hand rear the motherless kittens.

What about the other 6 cats you rescued are they altered ?
    If you can't/won't altered your cats then you aren't looking after them properly.

And as for not see any kittens.....every shelter in England and across USA is yearly invaded by the offspring of cats 'owned' by irresponsible people, who decided to breed MORE unwanted moggie cats. I do not believe you have not seen the kitten problem and you certainly have no excuse as you have heard about it now.

END OF RANT (Goes and gets a glass of wine from the fidge)

LOL @ payitforward who is getting wine! Gina, I'm sorry but I have to agree w/ payit & Jen. Please get your cats and dogs spayed or neutered. Also I'm not sure where you rescued your cats from but most shelters (the ones i've seen) require you to have them spayed or neutered.
    If she's not pregnant please consider getting her fixed now & continue looking for a kitten. I got my Bernie as a kitten from the humane society and he is wonderful. Squeak was older but is everybit as much fun!

Now to answer your question my favorite name up there is whispers. You may end up not using any of those names after meeting the little guys. They might not match them.

please don't hate me..

jen: it's so cool to know about organizations and foster homes, I had no idea about that! And I will want not give up looking. Yes, I'll pay a lot more than adoption but I meant itself, the 'adoption'.
    How do you look for it, and can you pretend my cat isn't going to be pregnant because I STILL will rescue animals. I wish I could save other 10 millions!

payitback: I think it is my job to answer those. It is not on purpose, family forgot to shut the doors. Sure, I can take the blame. And I'm not going to worry about the labor, how about the positive side?- >>she is very healthy<<.

4 cats, I got from human society and are altered. the other 2 kittens from the street with a sign "free kittens" and I got them spayed. and believe whatever you want.

I hope you'll change a little bit, and 'payitforward', thank you.

nodgeness: I can name whispers to the foster one! thanks.

I think I have a better answer here! I wanted to resecue a dog that I found on street, three more street cats, but the human society have asked my mother because it's her house and she won't accept another, and when I thought my cat was pregnant, I told my mother about it, she reacted MUCH better than telling her I'm adopting others. so that way I can have more animals! I really got in trouble when I "yelled" at my mother about how much I love animals. I just can't wait to out move to rescue more...

you know what guys, you guys definitely don't know my whole story and everybody is entitled to their own opinions and I am sorry about that. but I'm here for the "picking-out-the-names", I would like to go back to that and I know what I am doing.

Gina,
    sorry if I put you on the defense! I feel that instead of declawing being such a huge issue, having cats spayed & neutered @ this time should be priority until the # of cats @ the humane socities decline (if that ever happens). Not that you can't focus energy in more then 1 area. BUT THAT IS ANOTHER TIME & ANOTHER THREAD

I understand what you mean about wanting to see a mommy cat taking care of kittens. I have only seen that on TV and it is very cool.
    No matter how you go about getting your next kitties I WANT TO SEE SOME PICS!!!! I understand it is your choice & I'm not here to judge your decision @ all!
    So back to the question @ hand
    1) Aloe Vera ----very cute
    2) Whispers ----my favorite
    3) Candace ----also cute
    4) Chase ----another favorie
    5) Bugsy ----cute
    6) Mykolas -----different & purrfect for that kitty that sticks out
    Last edited by nodgeness; 09-15-2003 at 04:41 PM.

Originally posted by Gina's Ark Inc.

I hope you'll change a little bit, and 'payitforward', thank you.
    I always wonder why some people accept advice when THEY requested it and others get personal.....Very interesting. I am not afraid of receiving personal comments, just shows I hit a nerve.

I simply try to educate others, against declawing and breeding. If I changed, it would be for the worst. I would hate to end up an advocate of uncontrolled breeding.

I do wonder why you asked for advice, when you are not interested in other peoples opinions ???

the advise she seeks is in the names of the kitties, not how we feel about how she acquires them. (just my opinion)

I don't understand how your posts changed so quickly from your cat not being pregnant "not yet, but soon" to "she got out the back door"?? Did I miss something?

the advise she seeks is in the names of the kitties, not how we feel about how she acquires them
    I mentioned the subject of not breeding. Yes, it was me. I just did not want to sit back and watch unwanted kittens be born into this world without at least trying to educate.