Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welcome Me Back!!

I mentioned the subject of not breeding. Yes, it was me. I just did not want to sit back and watch unwanted kittens be born into this world without at least trying to educate.

WAY TO GO JEN.....Just kidding, I voiced my feelings too!

soledad; because I am not sure if she is. If she is, I absolutely promise myself and everyone that every kitten will be spoiled. there are "ifs" right now. The Moral: Be Prepared?

to be honest, jen, I respect your perspective and I don't blame you a bit for feeling that way and you're not first person 'educating' me that. I do feel horrible too!

the nodgeness's reply was the best one I ever get, thank you..that have washed off my defense for the day

ps; I will post out the lastest pictures in other threads when I have time! where should I anyway..

I think Whispers is cool! goes with my precious cats, Zephyra (breeze) and Ocean.. well hope to hear more choices of the name..
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

When I lived with my parents, someone dumped a mother cat, she was still pregnet when she was dumped and also DECLAWED! She could not hunt for food with out her claws. The kittens she had were very frightened of people, we couldn't get to them in time to tame them until later in their life. The mother cat which my dad refused to take in. I would bring her in every night and take her down to my room. I was the only one she trusted. And I would give her a nice warm place to sleep and get a 'humans touch' after my dad found out what I was doing he couldn't make me put her back outside. She was the sweetest cat you could ever ask for. The only problem I had with her (to get her fixed) was she was so terrified of cars. I think from being dropped off pregnet and so on. I tried to take her to the vet several times all unsuccessful. She had 3 litters of kittens before she died. Which she didn't die from having the kittens. She was poisened and died that way But I got to witness the last 2 litters of kittens, and let me tell you it is amazing. Another problem I had growing up is my parents hated to fix and spay cats. They were born with the parts god gave them why take them away. I would save my money to get my cats fixed. I, thank god, am not like that. I want my animals fixed as soon as they possibly can be. I love kittens to no end. I would love to have kittens around all the time. But I also plan on adopting an adult cat when I buy a house.

All of the names you picked out are very nice.

My mom has this thing right now when she can get a cat she wants to name it Visa yes like the credit card. Her reason is: so she can say this is Visa for everywhere s/he wants to be. Which I think is kinda cute now.

Gina, first off welcome back.
    If your cat is pregnant, after she has this litter please don't hesitate to get her spayed. For her health later in life.
    The reason Jen brought up breeding, and I am just speaking my opinion, I certainly am not SPEAKING for Jen, one reason is b/c she is foster 3 kittens right now, and has taken them to several adoption events and they have not gotten adopted. And there are kittens everywhere. I just saw 2 at the humane society booth last Thursday at our county fair.
    Just my 0.02 but maybe you should wait until you are out on your own to adopt a kitten. It sounds like you have a couple years before that might happen. You might appreciate it more then. I know I certainly have enjoyed the last 4 years with my animals then I would have had I had them earlier. Not that I wouldn't have enjoyed them then, but I am more responsible now.

IMHO
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Hi Gina! I was wondering where you disappeared to! Welcome back!

I think all those names are cute! Can't decide on my favorites.

About your cat having kittens, if you're going to keep all those kittens in your loving home, I think that's great! Just be sure not to let your cat get pregnant after this. We only say this because there are so many kittens in shelters already in need of homes. Until all those kittens are housed safely, there isn't exactly a need for more.

Good luck, and keep us updated!

Hi Gina,

I DO tend to agree with Jen, PayItForward and the others - there are MILLIONS of kittens and healthy cats which are PTS every year because they can't be homed.

If your cat is not already pregnant, PLEASE have her spayed. With the best intentions in the world, you can not guarantee that she will NEVER slip out of the house. Too many "inside only" cats end up with unwanted kittens because they "only" got out of the house once.

I am also REALLY worried about your comment:

".......and when I thought my cat was pregnant, I told my mother about it, she reacted MUCH better than telling her I'm adopting others. so that way I can have more animals!"

Whilst you are still living with your mother, I really think you should respect her wishes / opinions regaring getting more animals. It almost sounds to me like you are trying to let your cat get pregnant to "trick" your Mum into letting you have more pets

What will happen to the litter once you have "enjoyed" watching the birth, and had the cuteness of a bundle of kittens to play with for a while? Those kittens WILL grow into cats which will in turn need to be vaccinated, spayed etc........will you or your mother pay for all of them? How can you guarantee that you will find good homes for all of them, and that they will not end up in shelters, living their lives in cages?

Also (and I know younger people get SICK and TIRED of hearing this, but I'll say it anyway:

What's your HURRY???

When you have your own house and financial resources you will be in a position to foster as many pregnant strays as you can handle - you will have the opportunity to witness the birth and bond with the kittens, whilst at the same time knowing that you are helping to make a BAD situation BETTER, not WORSE. (ie you are helping a poor stray which is ALREADY pregnant, not contributing more to the millions of animals which are destroyed every year).

Lastly, if what you REALLY want is to be there for the miracle of birth, and get to see the kittens feed, open their eyes etc... why not volunteer at a local animal shelter or vet? That way you can get the experience you want with animals and give something back at the same time.

PLEASE consider the advice you are getting - you may not agree with it all, but please understand that it all comes from our love of animals, and our concern for their welfare. We are not "dumping" on you, just trying to give you another perspective.

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

One of my sister's friends cats had kittens this year and they've all found homes...BUT nevertheless it has made me mad to hear, because there are still thousands and millions cats and kittens homeless in the shelter, because of some people who just don't care about spay/neuter...if this cat would have been spayed a shelter cat/kitten would have found a home!!!

You are responsible for the cat and you are responsible, too, for all the cats/kittens in the shelter...Show your responsibilty towards them by having your cat neutered/spayed!!!

Unwanted cats/kittens and those who are killed in the shelters are not a problem of the cats, but a problem of our society...try to change your mind and start to make a difference...try to SAVE lives!!!

Thanks Jen, for mentioning this important subject!
    You have learned enough to see that cats are much like you and me. ( T.S. Eliot)

I think we have dropped this subject a long time ago.

Ally's: too bad if it sounds like I'm trying to get her pregnant. and if she is not, I ALREADY considered getting her spayed. And fostering any pets, that will come for sure since Jen told me about that. that's great to hear you're not dumping on me, let's hope everybody are not but I do feel detached, belittled from all of you.

And I didn't hear a thing new. I DO understand, I DO love animals, I AM a very responsible person, I AM in your shoes and I DO feel you. I wish people understand MY story TOO. I know there are parts I haven't mentioned about yet but after I see all of you how you thought what you think, forget it. I shouldn't have said "in case, my cat is pregnant" in first place.

Also, for everything that happens around me, I believe everything happens for a reason.

like it or not, just KNOCK it off, PLEASE. And nevermind my thread.
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Gina, I apologize. It was a gut reaction. If you feel uncomfortable with this thread, you as the person who started it can go to the first post and deleat it. I too have made mistakes in wording and it comes back to haunt me. The LAST thing I wanted to do was make you feel unwelcome.