Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great News!!!!!!!!

Great News!!!!!!!!

Not only did I find a home for Dio (who might actually come back to Fort Wayne tomorrow since Leigh Ann talked to the woman for 2 hours this afternoon and she is coming down tomorrow afternoon), but SERENITY went home this afternoon (actually right before Tammy and I got there) and then I called Rosie at Southside Animal Shelter and she called me back and apologized profusely and told me that Sammy went home 2 weeks ago. That means that all my babies have found their 2nd forever homes. I wish I could contact the new Moms and Dads, but, I'm not allowed.

The Cobb Care dogs are moving slowly. Sherry and Blackie have both been adopted, but the rest are still waiting, although Sparkie may go home with a friend of the director. I guess Rose and D.O.G (now Danny) are both doing well although Rose likes to fence fight.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

I am very happy for those pups that found their new homes. It makes the heartbreak of losing them a bit more bearable. Have a good life pups.

That is such a great relief! Good news too! It is too bad you can't keep in touch but at least you know they will be taken care of.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

I pray they'll be treated and loved as well as we know you treated them. I would have been worried sick about it. I wish you could contact the families that took them, though.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

It is good to hear your pups have found their second home (Shame they could't stay in their REAL home)

Hugs from England.

That's excellent news, especially after all the heartbreak you and Mike have experienced. If you can't speak to their new owners, then we must all send some PT good vibes that they are all adjusting well and being loved
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Molly and Mike,

I've been praying for all your dogs since I heard the news about the snitch who dropped a dime on your good heartedness.

I'm glad things are working out. I'll keep praying that they all get good homes.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Great news Molly!!! It's not right that they had to be rehomed, but I'm so glad they have all found new homes and are no longer sitting shelters. Maybe you'll run into Serenity, Vonney, or Dio at the Dog Park, and find out how they are

What did your friends decide about Ruthie? Are they keeping her?

I'm glad to hear that they now have good homes. It must put your mind at ease a little.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

We are unclear on Ruthie yet. Their landlord laid down a gauntlet and said either she goes or they go. She talked to him again and they came to an agreement that they will try a bark collar and try muzzling her at night (not my first choice) until she gets her barking under control at night. I think they will be able to keep her as long as they do as they say they will do. She is so cute. She wouldn't leave my side last night. I was sitting in the recliner and she jumped up and curled up in a little ball in my lap!

As for the other dogs, I would MUCH rather have them here because in my heart of hearts I know that here is the best place, but, as long as they are happy and treated well, it's better than the shelters.

Originally posted by mugsy
    We are unclear on Ruthie yet. Their landlord laid down a gauntlet and said either she goes or they go. She talked to him again and they came to an agreement that they will try a bark collar and try muzzling her at night (not my first choice) until she gets her barking under control at night. I think they will be able to keep her as long as they do as they say they will do. She is so cute. She wouldn't leave my side last night. I was sitting in the recliner and she jumped up and curled up in a little ball in my lap!

She is a cutie!!

The citronella bark collars work really well. We rented one this past week with the extra dogs here and swapped it around between the boys. Taggert responded to it amazingly...not only did it help with his barking, but with obeying commands in general

I will pass that along to Tammy. They are coming over here in a little bit. Thanks!

I've been pricing Citronella collars and so far I have found the cheapest ones in a catalogue I received the other day. (I think Christy has ordered one from every company that exists for me). The company is J-B Wholesale Pet Supplies, Inc. (website www.jbpet.com) It is 99.95 with a $10.00 shipping charge. I can't find my Fosters & Smith cataloge right now but I think it is $119.99 with a 13.95 shipping charge.

It did do wonders with Taggert who just loves to irritate Oreo, Jack and especially me by just sitting there and barking. No reason for the barking just barking.

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

They have them at Petsmart, but I didn't look at the price since it's not for me!! lol

Nice to have good news, and that Ruthie IS a sweetie! Not her fault she's a hound-dog pup! Just gotta learn more manners about when to hooooowl and when not to! Give her a hug for me, and rub those flopppppppy ears!