Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wolf Hybrid

19TH ITS BUCKS BIRTHDAY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUCK. i will be sure to get those pictures tomorrow =D

I Really find it amazing how when someone walks in my door, that. buck has not met yet.
    He will be very timid, He'd hide under Tables when someone came in. AT Times people are very afraid of him, For instance when he plays with you he growls at you and grabs your hand and pulls you around the room..
    I'd like to get some pics of Gandy if you can find some :-)

Buck Right now is sleeping in my lap.. He's a HUGE HUGE HUGE dog and hes in my lap, How silly... but hes sound asleep.. time to bring him to bed... Goodnight everyone

Thank you for the Awesome Signature, wolfsoul!

-ME

wolflady, I think the population is divided about the opinion on wolves. People who have livestock are the ones who get most upset about them. Generally, I think most people are happy that they're here! I'm not from here - I've only lived here about 8 years so I'm still an outsider! The people who live in this area are very attached to the forests and wildlife - and they do everything they can to prevent the people population from getting any bigger. They raise a huge raucus any time industry wants to do anything, and I think that's great. The economy stinks, as a result, and the poverty level is pretty high, but people are willing to make sacrifices to keep things just the way they are. Very few people stay in the area after they graduate from highschool, because there aren't any jobs. So the population is pretty old.

I don't know how many arguments my husband and I have had over the issue - he believes that the economy should be nurtured so that our kids will remain in the area. I think that no sacrifice is too great to keep the forests just the way they are, and that the economy can stay just the way it is. Kids can come back to visit!

When we first moved here I was absolutely shocked at the cold reception we received, and from what I hear that's the way it is for all newcomers. I guess that's the way it has to be, though. That's why the wildlife is thriving so well.

I wasn't here when the wolves were reintroduced but, before I moved here about 8 years ago, several were brought here. Obviously they've done very well. Yes - it is very heavily forested up here. If you look down at the area from a plane, it looks like just one big forest with a few small towns stuck in.

Gosh - sorry. I didn't realize how long I ranted on!

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

Gandy is boscibo's dog. I couldn't find any pics of her, but here she is in boscibo's signature.

I've been BOO'd!

I wish I did but i dont!
    Layka

i cannot find the Camera, even if i did find it i couldnt upload pictures cause my mom brought her computer with her to work, And thats the computer with the Camera hookup

-ME

I've always loved wolves. I used to think I wanted a wolf hybrid, but I really don't think I do now. I think they are GORGEOUS of course, and if there was one that needed a home, it would be different...but I don't agree with people intentionally breeding them. I really think I'll just stick with siberian huskies.

Originally posted by tomkatzid
    My friend Erin has several Wolves. But her's are Wolves, they are not mixed with dogs. They have to have zoo fencing to keep them. These pic's are about 8 yrs old, a little older 8 1/2.

thoughs dogs look like malamutes... I used to have a malamute with 1/8th of wolf in him..
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

In the pics they do look like dogs. But in person as soon as we got close to the fence you could tell, they were not dogs. I was scared at first. So were the 2 friends that went with me. The "Baby" seemed like a dog when she came to us. But maybe it was the howling that scared me, not sure, just a different feeling when we were in the enclosure with them. The black one in the way back was the most frightening to me.
    I haven't talked with Erin for years so I'm not sure how many they have now. They were going to breed them. At that time it seemed OK to do. Now I don't agree with it at all. You cannot have any of these as pets within a number of miles of a city limit. They were not meant to be kept as pets. They are wild animals. But back then no one seemed to think of those things. And that was like only 8.5 yrs ago. A neighbor of theirs, 2 miles away kept BIG cats. He also had to have zoo fencing. Which at that time was a pen enclosed inside of another two 10 or 12 foot fences several feet apart and barbed wire slanted at the top. I think you can see it in some pics.
    The BIG cat man was on the news not too long ago, people trying to take away a couple of his tigers. The story also mentioned that the "area" was home to several wolves .

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

Wolf_Q, i'm seriously going to cry... lol.... i so SO SOOOO wish nebo was my dog, Shes sooo cute.. Especially the cute puppy pictures. err. i told my mom i wanted a husky... but she kept saying she didnt think it'd get along with jefe(our fat german shepherd lol..)

Seriously... Please don't hate me for this, But i got Buck from a breeder... about a year ago... (when he was bout 12 weeks old)

We were told by someone that getting it from the breeder(Only Wolf hybrids)Was better because they 1, Knew what to tell us when we asked how the wolf hybrids acted. 2. The breeders we went to also trained dogs so these puppies were a tiny bit trained before we got them.. and these people were pro. because they would train police dogs also.

EDIT:

By the way, That kinda scared me... i'm not sure if thats blood or what, but look at the Second picture, The wolf in the middle, It had something red on its neck..
    8 years ago wow..
    Last edited by SeamusK; 09-20-2003 at 12:57 PM.

-ME

UGH For some reason i dont like it when people freakin call my dog a mutt *sigh* i was in a pet chat room on aol and someone asked me if they could see my dog and they called buck an ugly mutt :'(

-ME

Originally posted by SeamusK
    i'm not sure if thats blood or what, but look at the Second picture, The wolf in the middle, It had something red on its neck..
    8 years ago wow..
    wow i see it too, i'll have to get the pic's out and look at them, i can't tell by the scanned one. i'll let you know.

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

i blew it up and it looks like some sort of scarf or collar or tie thing.

AH. i See!

-ME

Ditto! I absolutely adore wolves - -

Originally posted by wolf_Q
    I've always loved wolves. I used to think I wanted a wolf hybrid, but I really don't think I do now. I think they are GORGEOUS of course, and if there was one that needed a home, it would be different...but I don't agree with people intentionally breeding them. I really think I'll just stick with siberian huskies.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Originally posted by CountryWolf07
    Ditto! I absolutely adore wolves - - I also have a siberian husky! Her name is Anna. Here is her picture:

(with Rosie, our 2nd dog - she is a beagle. )
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred