Thread: Oh my, sad news story!

Oh my, sad news story!

This was in our local news recently. It seems this woman was found lying next to a pair of dog nail clippers. I bet this dog just went ballistic when she attempted to cut his nails. What a sad, sad thing.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/090...l_dogmaul.html

OMG

How awful, and sad
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Oh - that's just terrible. I can't imagine a dog allowing somebody to handle its paws and then just going crazy and killing her. Maybe her boyfriend did it and tried to frame the dog (hehe). What's really awful is that now the breed is going to have an even worse reputation. I'll bet that now animal shelters will stop adopting out animals which have bitten.

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

At the shelter where I adopted Ripley there was an area where "bite cases" were housed. I don't think they were available for adoption.

This may sound heartless, but a previous vet of mine had once told me that he felt that once a dog had bitten it should be put down. He said there are so many lovable dogs being put to sleep each day that he felt it was just wrong. He felt that if putting down a dog that had bitten allowed a nice dog to be adopted it was worth it. I have to agree with his thinking. For this woman it is too late to matter.

That's the way it is with our shelter, too. Bite dogs aren't allowed to be adopted. Now this will just make the breed look worse. I believe it's how the dog was raised and not the breed. Poor woman.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

What a terrible thing to happen. That poor lady.

That dog was never properly evaluated by the Humane Society
    that adopted it out to her. What a terrible shame.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

oh

That is just to sad. The poor lady. No afense but I think people who oun dogs like that are just trying to show of, you know like act like they are tougf. Oh by the way Pam I love your Poodles!
    Kristy
    http://pstr-m03.ygpweb.aol.com/data/00B/57/D2/2D/3C/FIfCnFHlYj19y6vXWvIZIhV5rZeiSftj0060.jpg
    Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lifes whole.

How Terrible!!!
    I feel So Bad for the Lady...But also for the poor dog....His last Human Owner MADE him that way!!!
    and then Passed him on...Poor Baby was probably so confused!!!
    My Vet once wrote a Book..."There are No Bad Dogs"...Only Bad Owners.....Dr. Daniel Denoff....
    This Phrase couldn't be more true....
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

I had trouble with the tape, but I get what happend
    by your posts.
    Very sad, and I also do not understand how this
    dog was adoptible.

FROGSnDOGS, not to disrespect your opinion, but
    a well breed and socialized Doberman can
    make a fantastic pet. It really has nothing to do with showing off. They are very intelligent/beautiful breed.

----<---<--<{(@

This may sound heartless, but a previous vet of mine had once told me that he felt that once a dog had bitten it should be put down. He said there are so many lovable dogs being put to sleep each day that he felt it was just wrong. He felt that if putting down a dog that had bitten allowed a nice dog to be adopted it was worth it. I have to agree with his thinking. For this woman it is too late to matter.
    I agree with this also. There are tens of thousands of nice, friendly dogs dying every day. There are not even close to enough homes for them all. To fill a home with an unevaluated and/or aggresive animal is a terrible disservice, to the people, the dogs, and the other dogs that had to be euthanized.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien