Thread: Holiday Poodle

Holiday Poodle

These people really get into decorating everything in sight!!

Please don't take offense, Pam, but I'm not sure I want to express my opinion about that "decorated" poodle. Why not just a nice red bow around his neck or something? I'm sure it was done with the best of intentions, I just prefer their lovely fur to all the decorations.
    Anyway, I found these precious collars and leashes at Old Navy for only $6.50 each. Lilly's says "HO HO HO WOOF WOOF WOOF". And very appropriately, the one we bought for Honey says "Naughty" on one side and "Nice" on the other! They are red and green and very festive! Won't they look special when they go to Grandmama's house for Christmas?

[This message has been edited by lhg0962 (edited December 15, 2000).]

Some people are sure characters, all right! That is funny, although I feel sorry for that dog. I hope that paint they used is completely non toxic and edible, because you know as soon as the owners turn their head that poor, humilated dog's going to start to try to lick it off so her/his doggie friends won't make fun of her/him!

I have never seen anything like that. It really is funny, but as Logan stated, there are really cute collars for sale that are in the Christmas theme, but obviously this was not enough for those "festive" owners

Graham has a pointsetta print, fabric collar cover for his normal collar and an additional jingle bell collar and that's as Christmasie I get!

Yes Logan and Adore..... I felt bad for this cutie myself having to face his or her peers. I always kept my poodles in the puppy clip, which is just a "same length all over the body" sort of clip. This is a little away from the point, but one day I saw a woman in the mall with her poodle in a baby carriage with bows in hair and painted toenails. There was no baby in sight so I guess the carriage was for the dog. Some people go a little overboard I guess, but then again I am sure there are people that think I am a little nutty too!

[This message has been edited by Pam (edited December 15, 2000).]

"Characters" is one way of putting it. I'm not into upsetting people or offending people but sometimes someone has to call a reality check. While I'm sure that the dog was not under stress or being willfully mistreated why on Earth would anyone want their dog to be portrayed as a walking object? I love art and I love dogs and I love dogs in art. But dogs as trivial decorations ....??? Thanks for drawing it to our collective attention - I honestly wouldn't of believed it if I hadn't seen it. This has to rank with testicular implants!! Yuk! - is the only safe way I can say it!