Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dallas (Plano) Dog Park Meet?

Dallas (Plano) Dog Park Meet?

Hey guys,

A while back, us Texans talked about meeting at a dog park in either Arlington or Plano. I'm just seeing if there's still an interest and when would be a good time for everyone. I imagine we should do it before mid-November when all the holiday madness starts up.

I would be game to go anywhere in the Dallas, Houston, or Austin area.

Micki? Par? Rottieluver? Auggie (I'd love to see you again!!)? Anyone else?

After people give some suggestions on time/place, I can make a poll.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Readin' my min, Aly. I was going to post tomorrow about this! I'm good to go anywhere!! I think most of you are down in the southern part of the state and I'm game for a road trip down south! I have a cousin who lives in Austin and I could stop in on the way to the PT meeting or on the way back. I know Austin a bit, but have never been to Houston. I'm a little scared of it!! No offense, I've just hear horror stories about traffic!!

Also, the weather can be really ify up here in November.

Got any good places in Austin or Houston dog wise?

You don't want to see me again??????? I don't blame you!

I know a few places in Austin, depending on what you guys are wanting in a dog park. We only have 2 off-leash dog parks that are completely fenced in. The main one is off Riverside and 35 and really crowded and not too fun. I do know a GREAT park where I take my dogs a lot. It isn't fenced in, but there is a creek and some steep slopes blocking the way to the road so the dogs can't get over there. But that might not work too well for all of us. I'm not sure how everyone's dogs are.

There is also another park where I've taken Reece (before I got Lolly). It is huge. Its more like a place where you can go to hike. The whole thing is surrounded by a fence, but its so big that if someone's dog took off, they might get lost. There's a really pretty picnic place there.

I have a book filled with places to take your dog all over Texas. I'll look up the places in Austin/Dallas areas.
    Alyson

Originally posted by sammi
    You don't want to see me again??????? I don't blame you!
    Yes I do but I didn't think you could make it all the way to Texas!!!
    Alyson

Maybe we could have it here in Austin because this might make my chances of going a little higher. We could meet in around a month.

Originally posted by Rottieluver45
    Maybe we could have it here in Austin because this might make my chances of going a little higher. We could meet in around a month.
    Will it be cool enough in a month? Also, Aly's going to NM in mid to late Oct.

Originally posted by Aly
    I know a few places in Austin, depending on what you guys are wanting in a dog park. We only have 2 off-leash dog parks that are completely fenced in. The main one is off Riverside and 35 and really crowded and not too fun. I do know a GREAT park where I take my dogs a lot. It isn't fenced in, but there is a creek and some steep slopes blocking the way to the road so the dogs can't get over there. But that might not work too well for all of us. I'm not sure how everyone's dogs are.

There is also another park where I've taken Reece (before I got Lolly). It is huge. Its more like a place where you can go to hike. The whole thing is surrounded by a fence, but its so big that if someone's dog took off, they might get lost. There's a really pretty picnic place there.
    I'm not sure who I'll be bringing. Maybe only Aneko. She's the only one well behaved enough to be trusted off or on leash around other dogs. Chester's a butthead (playground bullie) and Millie's deathly afraid of anything bigger than Chester.

My well adjusted kids. One attacks and the other pees when she's scared.

Aly, I would love to come.
    Dallas or Austin area sounds great.
    Like Micki I'm a little scared driving in the Houston traffic.
    Can't wait for the weather to cool off.

Thanks to BCBlondie for this great signature!

I *might* be able to make it but I probably won't bring Sara.

Oz and I don't mind driving, so Dallas or Austin is fine
    with us. I really don't think the traffic in Houston is any
    worse than any other big city I've driven in, but the
    scenery here isn't as kewl as Austin. The Hill country is one
    of my favorite places to visit, so if we're voting, I'd vote
    Austin First, Dallas Second and Houston Third.

Timewise, November would work better for me too.

Is Oz the only big dog going? Is there any issue with him and
    the small dogs at the dog park? Do they keep them in
    separate sections? I've never been to a dog park, so I'm
    not sure how it all works.

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

Auggie, I love your avatar. it's too cute!

If Rottie and I do attend, I don't think it would be wise to bring either dog. They've never really been subjected to other dogs...unless they come into our home.

I'm pretty sure though, that Thelmer would like to make a guest appearance.

I would love to be a part of the Dog Park Meeting but I'm not sure if we'll be able to make it. I'm not too keen on traveling too far here in Texas since Brian is away, especially being pregnant. So, depending on where you all choose, what kind of park it is, etc., etc., etc., I might join in on the fun. However, I might have to for go this one and hope and pray there's another before I leave Texas!

Originally posted by PJ's Mom

I'm pretty sure though, that Thelmer would like to make a guest appearance.
    Hmmm ::checks calender:: O loook I just happen to be drivng 10 hours To Texa the day before. How about a bunny lunch around 3 or so?

Man I wish I could be there!!!!

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Tonya are you really going to come??? Kewl!

I'd love to meet Thelmer!! Wow!!

Par, I'm probably only going to bring Aneko. She's the only one that's remotely social. I think Aly's dogs get along with all sizes and I'm sure Reece does. Aneko could care less. She'll sleep the entire time. LOL.

I think maybe mid early Nov would be best. I have plans on the weekend of the 7, 8 & 9th that can't be broken. (I'm helping at the Dallas Dance Festival for a friend that's going to be a week away from delivering her son!). Any other weekend in Oct or Nov works for me!

Aly, what's your weather like there in Nov? Would Halloween weekend be better? Oh, I like that idea.

OMG!!! I'm gonna meet Oz, and Reece and Lolly!!!!!!! Peka?!!!!! Piper & Sebastian???!?!?!?

Maybe even Dakota, Destiny & Sierra???? WOW!

*faints from excitement*

Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
    Hmmm ::checks calender:: O loook I just happen to be drivng 10 hours To Texa the day before. How about a bunny lunch around 3 or so?
    Thelmer thinks that's a lovely idea. You bring the parsley and we'll bring the carrots, o.k.?