Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is your dog hazardous to your health? :)

Is your dog hazardous to your health? :)

Yesterday I was sitting in a chair and Ripley's ball rolled underneath. Being the slave to the animals that I am, I of course reached down to get it for him so he wouldn't have to. Little did I realize he was planning to jump up at the same time. End result: We bashed heads and hard! He let out a little yelp and I think I did too. I kept feeling his little head all day long and looking for any signs of concussion, etc. Fortunately there is no aftermath to all of this and I don't even have an "egg" today and neither does he.

Several months ago Bella and I accidentally crashed into each other in the back yard and she got me good in the knee. I thought this might be a good idea for a thread. Surely I am not the only one who gets injured by my own pupsters!

Dick and I's biggest problem is tripping over them. They want to be with Mom/Dad all the time and we forget they follow right on our heels. I know I've had to learn not to carry things in front of me for fear I'll step on one of them or trip over them.

When we have grand-puppies over they like to charge around me going up and down the stairs. That's fun when they clip you on the back of the knee while running around you. On our staircase, it's keep to the left going up or down.

Pam, I feel your pain!!! LOL!!!

Yesterday, when we went to church, we left all four dogs outside, happily chomping on bones. It was so beautiful outside that I didn't think any of them should stay inside.

When we got home, of course four faces were standing at the door, waiting to come greet us, so I opened the door and they all charged in. Murphy charged hardest and rammed her head right into my shin. She must have hit right on a blood vessel, because it hurt terribly, and when I went to change and take off my hose, I had a huge blue lump on my leg! The lump has reduced in size and now I'm left with an ugly bruise, about 4x4 inches! Wonder how her head feels?????

Hehe! Me and katie bash heads all the time, when we are playing she jumps on me and we knock heads. but nothing serious!!

I can't tell you the number of times Star's cracked my skull! We'll be playing on the floor and she'll whip her head back and BoINk! A few times she got me in the nose and I was sure she'd broken it! When we're playing outside, sometimes she'll come running at me full speed and plow into the back of my knees (sandbagged!) or side of my leg and down I go! lol! She's a tough little bugger! 60 lbs of fur power! Oh, they BOTH love to step on bare feet! Sounds minor, but they're heavy! And Cody's a "toe picker!" When she wants my attention, she'll come over and paw at my leg!!! With shorts on, if her nails need clipping, that can leave a nice scrrrrrrrratch!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Tats, some of the things you said sound exactly like things that Alex does!!! When I get him "rowdy" I'll be down on all fours and he'll whip around and we'll bash heads We actually did that yesterday lol

Also outside when he gets excited and wants to play he'll come running at me, full speed, and at the very last minute he'll turn slightly and hit me with his shoulder. We call him a football player because that's exactly what he acts like. One day he did it the hardest of all and knocked me so hard and unexpectedly, I flew through the air and landed about 4ft. away! I landed in a patch of clover, and found a 4-leafed one too

He also steps on bare feet, and him weighing in at 115lbs, it really hurts! Also when he wants attention, he puts his foot on you and will hit you every 30 seconds with it, and those claws hurt!
    Dayna, Alex, Phoebe, Cleo, Rolo, Scooter, & Holly

Thank you so much Popcornbird!

With Murph and Maddie it's me having to be careful of them.
    It's so easy to step on or trip over them. I nailed Murph
    not too long ago. He's cream colored and he was sleeping
    on Oz's bed which is also cream colored. He had been sleeping
    on the ceramic tile in the bathroom, so I was not expecting
    him to be there. My eye sight is really bad, so when I got
    up in the middle of the night to let Maddie out, his body just
    blended right into the bed and I stepped right on the poor
    lil' guy. He let out a yelp, but he was okay. I now always
    step around the dog bed as a habit.

Now Oz is just like tat's Star. He thinks it's great fun to run
    up behind me and knock my legs out from under me. This
    usually occurs at agility, much to the delight of the people
    watching. He then proceeds to pounce on me while I'm laying
    on the ground and will stand there in the middle of my chest.
    Tailing wagging a mile a minute. Having the best time, while
    I feel like I've just been a participant in a WWF match.

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

Pepper can do some very painful things, When we are outside he loves to run right into me, sometimes almost knocking me over. And when i practice heeling with him he heel so close to me sometimes i trip over him, LOL. Since neither of us is very coordinated he tends to hurt me a lot, LOL
    Stephanie, Honey, and Pepper

Thank you for the wonderful sig kfamr!

They're all alike, aren't they Dayna, Par and Dobie! Maybe they were "separated at birth??" I had to laugh Par when you wrote how Oz will stand over you after the tackle, tail wagging and oh, soooooooooo pleased with himself! That's Star! I've stepped on them too often to mention! Good thing they're hearty beasts! I won't even get into our little agility "incidents!" WIPEOUT!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I found out the hard way when I realized Timber never backs down when I run towards her. She bashed her head into my knee. I fell over and the pain was so harsh that my leg went completely numb. She has a very hard head, and I was running down a hill too. Ouch.
    I've been BOO'd!

I am sending each and everyone of you guys sympathy
    boo boo wishes.

(I am having a senior moment).
    I honestly am drawing a blank, accept for my
    being scratched by Rocky's ruff heavy
    paws.

----<---<--<{(@

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    Oh they're totally bad for my health. Winter is constantly head butting me while trying to give me a kiss. Smudge occasionally walks over me knocking the wind out of me. I constantly trip over Smudge and the odd time Winter while running agility...true it's not always the dogs fault...I'm just a klutz. The biggest health risk I've ever gotten from the dogs though would have to be from the smallest dog in the house. Yes that's right Tama, I got a concusion attempting to stop him from being squashed.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

Whenever I'm laying with Nala and something startels her, she bashes her head right into my nose. She's done it over and over again.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I can relate completely.

Riley gets so excited to see me, that if I am wearing shorts, I may end up with scratches--it's only when I come home from work, but still. When I picked him up at the vet's after being neutered, he was so excited he put a big scratch in my arm--ouch!!!

Abbey has knocked me over once or twice--she just barrels into anything or anyone in her path--she and Riley have almost put me down the stairs backwards too a couple of times!!!

The only injuries I can remember from Kito were from when he had the cone on--the back of my legs were all black and blue from him bashing into me!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Chester and Millie always peel out on me on their way out the pet door when the dog next door barks. I usually wear leggings or sweats in the winter, but the summer is hard on my legs. I've been bumped in the nose, teeth and eyes by both of them. Michael has been pounced on in a "very painful place" by both on numerous occasions, usually during a game of dog chase dog.
    We both trip over Aneko all the time, cause she refuses to move when you approach her , and in the dark about a week ago Michael kicked her in her side on his way out to work. Thankfully she was ok.