Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ~~**OMG**~~ We found this dog today.

~~**OMG**~~ We found this dog today.

Tom and our girls along with Doug and Wilson were on a long walk in the woods. A couple miles in,.... they found her. I won't go into detail, it isn't pretty. We just called a vet, and over the phone they said she sounded at least 10 months old and in heat. Tom is going to give her a bath, we just cleaned her ears. She ate a good breakfast. And we will let her nap and give her some lunch. She is not skinny, but that doesn't mean she wasn't starving. Tom thinks she is about 30 pounds.
    At this point we have no idea where she will live. We can't take her in but will find a good forever home for the little girl. While she is getting a bath I need to run to the pet store and get some doggie diapers.
    Why couldn't we have found her last wk end as we were on vacation all last wk. or last month as Wilson's Mom was home for several wks.
    Well, we found her today, so today she is being taken care of. Please post any ideas that you may have for us.

Thanks tom and Katz

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

omg what a cutie!!! I WANT HER!! why cant u keep her? aww what a cutie!!

we live in a moble home park, right across the street from the managers and we have 3 pets, one over the limit already. she is in the tub with tom now, i don't hear any barking or yelling. so thats a good thing!!

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

darn!! she would be an awfully cute addition to pettalk!! more pics then?

What a cutie!!! I'm sorry I can't offer any help, but she is adorable! Good luck finding her a good home!

She looks like a Sheba! My first-ever dog Sheba was a stray Shepherd mix, black and tan with those goofy tan spots for eyebrows! Your girl is littler, and the cute floppy ears are so sweet (my Sheba had stand-up ears), thank goodness you found her, hopefully before she got pregnant. A nice bath, flea powder and a collar ... then to the vet for a check-up ...

If I knew any dog-lovers out your way, I'd call 'em, but as I don't, try GSD rescue? She is small, but looks very Shepherd-ish to me! What part of Washington state are you in/near?

Awww!! She is gorgeous.

Why not ask around the park to see if anyone is missing a dog? Don't give specifics because anyone could say "yeah that's my dog", just because they want her. Make them tell you the specifics. If no one claims her, then maybe offer to one of your friends in the park to keep her. If not, people you know that can take care of her.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

We live in auburn, just south of Seattle. They found her east of here on Indian Reservation Land, way out in the woods. Some one left her there.
    She has never been in a bath tub tom said. Nor has she been on a leash, probably never even been indoors and probably is not potty trained. but she sure is cute and nice, for her first day anyway.

Oh no Did you check the paper for any "lost dog" ads? What about putting a "found dog" ad in your local paper? I don't know about your's, but I know the Everett Herald runs found pet ads for free. She sure is a cutie Any "lost dog" signs in the neighborhood?? Poor girl... I hope someone is looking for her. I'll let you know if I can think of anything else. Good luck with her

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

Originally posted by CamCamPup33
    omg what a cutie!!! I WANT HER!! why cant u keep her? aww what a cutie!!

~Maggie~
    DESTINY
    "Destiny is a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice: it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."
    WINSTON CHURCHILL

This is so sad... I wish I could take her, but I just don't know... I've only had Ruby for a little over a year, the thought of another dog has crossed my mind, but I was always thinking about a smaller one. How much bigger do you think she'll get? 30lbs @ 10 months... probably not too much bigger, but I just don't know I showed this thread to my parents... I don't know how they'd feel about another dog. We don't have a huge yard, it's big enough for Ruby, but I don't know about 2 dogs. Plus, we rent, and our landlord origionally didn't even want us having one dog. Oh that poor dog... Please keep me posted. We need to find this girl a home!

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

What a sweetie!!! And you and Tom are angels for taking her in and caring for her so!! You've gotten lots of great suggestions already. It does sound like she may have been "dumped!" But, it couldn't hurt to try a "Dog Found" posting. She looks so much like K9Karen's Logan and Lizbud's Smokey! Sorry I don't know anyone out your way. You might try placing a "classified ad" in Petfinder. How long do you think you can foster her???

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

we got Nina at 6 mths and 25 pound she is now 2 yrs and 35 pounds. Ashlee at 11 months when we got her and she gained like 5 or less. she didn't get any bigger, but Nina did a bit.

They dressed me up in this pink thing are going to walk me to the pet store across the street to buy me diapers. They say I am in heat and need protection from getting the carpet a little messy. I do look cute in pink, but really, diapers.
    This pink thing is brand new, it's like they were waiting for me.....

The pink is stunning on her!! What a beautiful dog!!!