Thread: what do i do?

what do i do?

hey everyone i just dont know what to do?
    my beautiful and i am afraid she might go deaf if i dont fix this problem>>? she these big gigantic tics in herhear and they bother her so bad and she wont let us try to get them out your response would be alout of help thanks megan

Get her to the vet. I'm sure it can't be good that the tics are in her ears. Is she on any flea/tick preventative? It is expensive but it keeps our babies more comfortable. I would put her on one of those products and also take her to the vet to have the ticks removed.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

thanks for your advice

As aly said, take her to the vet, Ticks
    down her ear canel are hard to reach.
    Some ticks carry disease that can be transmitted to people and dogs, so when you find a tick you want to have it carefully removed as soon as possible. Have your vet show you the proper way to remove ticks for when they are NOT in the ear.
    As Aly also suggested, ask your vet
    to suggest a good tick preventive that
    is on the market.
    Let us know how the tick removal goes.

----<---<--<{(@

Hi, you didn;t say which dog, if it's the Saint, it's at least a two-person job. One person has to hold her head still, maybe hold her, sitting, between your knees, and then hold her head with both hands. The other person (the less squeamish) has to remove the ticks, if you can reach them. It's important that you pull it out by the head, have some tissue handy if there's bleeding. My boss removes ticks with some rubbing alcohol and a q-tip, but I'm the old-fashioned person, I grab the tick itself, pinch and twist, then pull it off, and stick it on a tissue and squich it hard to kill it. As uncomfortable as this for everyone, it is far better than her having the ticks. If you aren't able to reach them or remove them she's got to go to the vet, no question about it.
    I've Been Frosted

Our ducks get ticks all the time but I can't deal with that kinda stuff so my dad removes them. He always does it with tweezers heated up with a lighter ????? Don't know the reason I'll have to ask him, but they do just come right of its very fast. I would take my dogs to the vet if they ever got any, but they are on prevention since the ducks pick up alot I thought it would be best if the dogs were protected.

[ July 29, 2001: Message edited by: ilovehounds ]
    ~~ My House Is Not A Home Without A Hound ~~