Thread: Have you ever simply had a HUNCH?

Have you ever simply had a HUNCH?

I am not believing that Sterling's little pee-ing problem is all behavioral........not yet. Even though his follow-up urinalysis shows his UTI is much improved, I STILL believe in my heart that there is something wrong with him OTHER than jealousy. It's just a hunch. So on Monday I will be asking the vet what OTHER medical problems could cause this behavior and what OTHER tests we can run to make CERTAIN that he is not ill. I just have to know why he would be territorial NOW when he hasn't been for 3 years prior. After all, I brought cats in to this house since he was adopted and never noticed a problem. I could be grasping at straws, but what if he IS sick and I just assumed it was behavioral?

Better safe then sorry - I'm totally with you on this one, I would do the same.

If it is something health related - I hope its something minor!

Yep, I've had hunches like that too, mainly with my Micah and they always turned out to be correct. Don't ignore your instincts, Jen.

Lots of prayers and finger crossing over here for you and your fur family.
    Last edited by NoahsMommy; 09-06-2003 at 11:10 PM.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Jen, I also agree that you should pursue this hunch. If your vet doesn't answer your questions then you could also go to another vet for a second opinion. As a last resort, you could also call in an animal behaviorist to rule out a behavioral problem. Good luck.

The cardinal rule:
    Always listen to your inner voice!!!

At least then you have nothing to regret if it really turns out to be a medical problem...

GOOD LUCK!!!
    You have learned enough to see that cats are much like you and me. ( T.S. Eliot)

Jen, I agree with the others, you need to listen to your gut instinct! Hope that you get to the bottom of the problem soon.

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Jen have you had him checked for diabetes? I mention this only because Trevor was diagnosed back in July after I found him peeing outside of his litter box on three occasions after never doing it before in his 10 1/2 years of life. Then I noticed him drinking lots of water. He is doing just fine now thankfully. At first I thought "oh no, I have a behavior problem brewing here" but after blood and urine testing there was the cause. (((hugs to you and sweet Sterling)))

I agree tat you have to go with you hunches! I took Michael in , because he was ignoring treats , and it turned out that he had more bad teeth.Now he is fine and not in pain when he eats! We are hoping that Sterling and Jim are well soon and we are praying for them! Gary Cats Strays and Cat Angels!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Definitely go with your hunches. You know your cat better than a vet and you are apt to tell when something isn't right, even if it's just a feeling.

From Decker with Love