Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi, Sorry I Have Been So Busy

Hi, Sorry I Have Been So Busy

Hello Pet Talk Folk...

I just wanted to say hello and we're all still around, just real busy.

School is back in session and that seems to take up so much time.

As for Casey, he is doing well. He has his good days and bad days....such as a toddler does. He is learning to calm down and be a good boy, and I think the kids being gone in school all day is helping. All in all, he is turning out to be a nice young man.

There was a time when we had a prowler at the fence and Casey almost turned him into ground meat.

We went for 6 days into the deep mountains where all the roads are dirt and there is no such thing as a sidewalk. I was afraid at first to let him off the leash, but when he saw the other dogs roaming around it was do or die time. He did excellent! He never left our acre property. If he did, it was to greet his other dog-buddies. Not one fight, not one scare. He had a blast and stuck close. He learned to swim in the river and lake. He will fetch a stick in the water for hours!

Well, I just wanted to pop in and say Howdy! Is the October Pet Talk gathering in Nor Cali still on? Unfortunately, my hubby isn't getting his orders to come home until about October 8th, so he will miss it.

Here is a pic of Casey taken yesterday. He is almost 40lbs!

Regards, Crystal

~*~*Fur-Mommy To:
    Moon Beam - Aussie Shep
    Petey - Siamese
    Twinkie - Norweigan Forest
    Bobby - Manx

Hey Crystal! I've been wondering what you've been up too... Wow! Casey sure is a handsome boy! and getting so big! I'm glad things are working out well for you and him.

Ahhh school.....I just started high school today. Man was I tired! I got the classes I wanted though...

I'm not sure if the northern cali PT meeting is still on...if it is, I'll try to convince my parents to take me..

Julie

Glad to hear your first day went well.

I would be real bummed out if the PT gathering is off.

So, hope everything else is good for you and your fur babies.

Crystal

~*~*Fur-Mommy To:
    Moon Beam - Aussie Shep
    Petey - Siamese
    Bobby - Manx

YAYY CRYSTAL! I've missed you and casey! I'm glad he's being a good boy...so no more garden digging?

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Casey is awesome looking! What kind of dog is he? How old is he? Tell me all about him...lol

Robin

Originally posted by binka_nugget
    YAYY CRYSTAL! I've missed you and casey! I'm glad he's being a good boy...so no more garden digging?
    Well, he still digs every now and again, but at least it's in certain spots now...LOL

And I didn't get to harvest any of my tomatoes this year because he ate them all.

Crystal

~*~*Fur-Mommy To:
    Moon Beam - Aussie Shep
    Petey - Siamese
    Bobby - Manx

Originally posted by RobiLee
    Casey is awesome looking! What kind of dog is he? How old is he? Tell me all about him...lol

Robin

Hi Robin...

Casey is a Queensland Blue Heeler...AKA here in the states Australian Cattle Dog.

We rescued him at 4 months pretty badly hurt and alone. He was also pretty malnourished. He is now 8 months old and almost 40 lbs.

I have noticed he adores children. But he loves them so much when he approaches them they sort of get scared.

For exercise, if we don't go to the bark park, the boys put him on the short leash and get on their scooters and ride him fast. He thinks that's the greatest thing in the world!

He is a loverboy, but also VERY rambunkscious!

Peace, and Take Care, Crystal

~*~*Fur-Mommy To:
    Moon Beam - Aussie Shep
    Petey - Siamese
    Bobby - Manx

I'm SO glad things are starting to work out for you and Casey!! He looks like a happy boy!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Hey Crystal!

I can't believe how big Casey is getting Glad to hear all is going well with you and your family

Anna

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Re: Hey Crystal!

Originally posted by anna_66
    I can't believe how big Casey is getting Glad to hear all is going well with you and your family

Anna
    He is such a goofball too! He is one of those dogs that will bark at the door if he hears a doorbell on TV or will run to the phone if he hears someone elses ring. He just has a nutty personality.

But, like I said, he has proven he is here to protect his family (herd ) if he needs to!

Hope you and your family are good too.

Regards, Crystal

~*~*Fur-Mommy To:
    Moon Beam - Aussie Shep
    Petey - Siamese
    Bobby - Manx

oh, one more thing about Casey

My grandparents still want me to give him to a ranch family, but I won't do it! He only get's wild now when 2 things happen:

1. when I havn't paid enough attention to him, which is rare

2. When my grandparents or someone new comes over and he is excited to see them.

They don't realize he loves them and he is happy to see them!

Crystal

~*~*Fur-Mommy To:
    Moon Beam - Aussie Shep
    Petey - Siamese
    Bobby - Manx

ohhh casey I want to steal you! lol You bought a crate right? How's it going with that? did it help much?

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Originally posted by binka_nugget
    ohhh casey I want to steal you! lol You bought a crate right? How's it going with that? did it help much?
    He whimpers alot. He will do ok if it is in my room for a bit, then he starts to whimper some more. He doesn't seem to mind it as much when it is under the kitchen table though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just had surgery yesterday and right now because it is not hot at all here, he is in the back on his blankie enjoying the breeze. He doesn't understand why he can't be with me today. He did sleep with me last night and his warmth felt so good.

Peace & Love, Crystal

~*~*Fur-Mommy To:
    Moon Beam - Aussie Shep
    Petey - Siamese
    Bobby - Manx

Crystal,
    you had surgery? For what?

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Oh Sheesh, well, I am probably making more out of it than it should be, but.....

I had to have all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed, but it was done in the OR because the 2 bottom ones were on their sides and the roots were twisted around my jaw bone and fused to the jaw.

I don't handle anesthesia well, and vomiting is my body's way of kicking the anesthesia out of my body.....so for the first 24 hours or so I was real sick. Now the vomiting is gone and the pain and swelling has set in and my face is as swollen as a Kennedy's!

Yesterday I took a pain pill, and brought Casey in to nap with me. He nuzzled so close to me. He knows I don't feel good. He is trying so hard to be a good boy. At one point he was being naughty and I tried to yell "Stop It Casey!" He looked at me with this look as if to say "OH Mommy, I am sorry, I forgot." Then he came to me with his ears back (that means submission for him) and wouldn't go sit down until I hugged him as if to say "It's OK"

Isn't that sweet?

Love Crystal

~*~*Fur-Mommy To:
    Moon Beam - Aussie Shep
    Petey - Siamese
    Bobby - Manx