Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So there I was, minding my own business...

So there I was, minding my own business...

I noticed a peculiar smell of cat poo coming from the cat room. I figured it was time to remove the solid waste (I use Feline Pine) from the boxes (I do this twice a day, in the a.m. and p.m. everyday). As I was looking in the boxes, BAM!!! I stepped in a large cold pile of cat poo . Nothing like a little cold cat poo to wake you up.

This happened once before (not stepping in it but finding it outside the box). I thought maybe it got stuck to one of the long-haired girl's tushie's, so I picked it up and forgot about it.

They were pretty big, so I assumed it was Doogie who did it. But with 8 cats it's a little difficult to pinpoint exactly who the culprit was. I'm assuming it was an accident. Sometimes my cats sabotage each other while they're doing (or trying to get IN to) do their business, or they felt the box wasn't clean enough.

Not much more I can do except keep an eye on it and see if it happens again.

*sigh* Ah the wonders of multi-cat households.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I almost just sat in barf....Thank god I looked before I sat down! But of course now there's nice barf wetness all over my recliner, I hope it doesn't stain the fabric
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Try using Woolite Pet Stain Remover and a stiff hand brush. It works wonders!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Ahhh, yess...

Originally posted by moosmom
    So there I was, minding my own business...
    Nothing like a little cold cat poo
    to wake you up.
    Ahh yess ~
    Another attention-getting "NOTE" left by one of the *darling* Fur-Children...

I've noted before da Kat's quickly-penned notes...
    *sploosh* as socked foot hits warm puddle of Kat Pee convenienty *left* in front of his Sandy Box (and right where my left footsie lands when *I* address MY sandy box!)
    That's Kat Short-Paw for
    "Dad; I'd preciate it if you'd Attend to da Box... It STINKS!"

Never to be confused with his "other" notes...
    *squissssh* as bare footsie lands on recently *hurled* wad of HAIR BALL deposited mid-way tween BigBed and baffroom - ALWAYS found at 3 AM!
    That's Short-Paw for
    "Dad; I hadda a lil Hare Ball - but I took care of it. "

The "joys" of being *owned* by Pets...

/s/ Phred
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Yes, I too can relate. This morning I performed a nice acrobatic slide across the laundry room floor in some fresh cat puke. Ripley, who throws up at least once a week, had left me a real slippery banana today. Thanks goodness for washable slippers.

From Decker with Love

I've also had many experiences of stepping in cold wet hairballs.

Ok so my little reminder of "stinkiness" wasn't cat or dog, Wee One my 13 yr old bunny is on my table due to the smoke in the air from the fires. But male bunny pee is not nice at all. Needless to say he got his tray emptyed and cleaned. I swear he was smiling after wards.

Oh Phred,

You are a hoot! Your take on the joys of being owned by pets made me giggle!!

Fortunately it has not happened since. Must've been a real accident.

The culprit, as I posted in another thread, was Doogie!! I figured I'd try switching back to the scoopable litter that I used before. Never had any problems.

I had cleaned and filled a box with the new stuff and put it in the room. As I went back in there to put the lid on, there he was with a pile of poo on the floor, making the motions of trying to cover it up. I guess he was impatient and couldn't WAIT till the box was filled.

Now since I've changed them back to scoopable (I left 2 with Feline Pine till it's time to dump it) everything has been fine. I even keep going in there to check.

I'm just greatful it wasn't a behavioral problem.

Just because cat #1 was trying to cover the evidence does not mean that cat #2 isn't the culprit. I too find poops on the floor at times (sometimes they ARE hang-ons that drop, and sometimes they are accidents) but either way, some cats will just walk away and other cats will then try to cover someone else's mess. So never assume unless you actually SEE the deed being done.
    The one time I tend to find the "accident" poops is when the level of the scoopable is too shallow. Something else to keep in mind as a possibility.

Jen,

Good point! In any case, there hasn't been an accident all weekend since I changed the boxes, so I guess that's a good sign.

You mention the temp of the poo...how did you know...gawdforbid you were barefoot!

It was cold and yuky!!!

AWWWWWWWWW what a mess

I can comply with all who step in messes. I hate those mornigs when you step in that cool mess and you wonder what it is under your feet. OOOOOOOOOO what a feeling to wake up to for our furry friends to leave us to wake up to sometimes.

Kitty "Accidents"

Several months ago our cat, Pixley, was very sick with what I can only describe as the kitty flu. He was hot, lethargic, and wouldn't eat even the most tempting of morsels (not even when I warmed them up for him). My husband took him into the vet's office and as the doctor examined him he mentioned that he wanted to get a fecal sample. No sooner had these word come out of his mouth than Pixley wiggled off the exam table and presented him with a very nasty, loose stool on the floor (My poor baby was SICK!!!). He then proceeded to try to "bury" it on the linoleum floor. Some injected fluid and 10 days worth of medication later he was right as rain but, at the vet's office, they still kid about Pixley being their only patient who can produce a fecal sample on demand! ;>)
    Goshen and Pixley's Mom