Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where does your cat drink?

Where does your cat drink?

My cute lil kitty SMOKEY sits on the counter and waits for somebody to turn on the sink so that he can drink from it! He also drinks out of the toilet! The only way that he will drink from his water bowl is if I put an ice cube in it! He is a very picky drinker! I LUV MY CAT!!
    /\_/\
    =. .=
    U
    Smokey

I love my cat!

Re: Where does your cat drink?

Originally posted by smokey0807
    My cute lil kitty SMOKEY sits on the counter and waits for somebody to turn on the sink so that he can drink from it!
    lol! What a smart little guy! I can see he has trained you well!
    My Tux will lick the beads of water left in the tub after I shower. What a cutie!

The only way that he will drink from his water bowl is if I put an ice cube in it!
    Wow! That IS picky!

Van10 - Meowmy to a Tuxedo kitty

My Mom's cat - The Cranker - will only drink from the bathroom faucet. Ok, so every now and then he'll concent to the bathtub faucet being turned on, but mostly it's the bathroom sink or nothing.

My mom and dad were going out of town this weekend, and my brother wasn't going to be around either, so my mom said she'd probably have to leave a bowl of water in the sink for the Cranker or he'd have no water.....but it'll be interesting to hear if he actually drank out of the bowl or not.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Filou prefers the kitchen sink -but the water can't be running. You have to adjust it so that it only drips

Fister has two glasses of water, one in the living room and one in the bedroom. We soon found out that he wouldn't drink any, if it was next to his food bowl. He often calls us to come out in the bathroom and pour water across the the floor for him, it's much funnier licking it up than drinking out of a glass - and we do it! How on earth did he manage to train us.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

We had a water dish for the dogs in the kitchen and one in the cat room for the cats. The last few times the cat's water dish was knocked off the shelf and spilled all the water on the floor.

We now use just one for all the animals. It stays in the kitchen, and we have to be sure its filled often, because if it gets low on water one of the cats knocks it over. We are not sure who, but we are thinking its Ashton knocking it over
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

barbra

Barbra-
    My kitty likes the water dripping too. He gets afraid and jumps off when you get too much water going!
    Smokey

I love my cat!

My kitties water dish is on the kitchen floor, they have one of those PetMate water fountains

My cats drink out of the dog's water bowl. Although, I put fresh water by their food dishes, they prefer the dog's water

Originally posted by denver83tet
    My cats drink out of the dog's water bowl. Although, I put fresh water by their food dishes, they prefer the dog's water
    That's funny, though we offer Nellie daily fresh water in her bowl she prefers to drink from the pond outside (iiieeek!)...magpies take their daily shower in there, the neighborhood dogs and cats drink there and even the deer and hedghogs from the nearby forest...
    ...maybe drinking from a highly frequented source of water is like having a drink and the newspaper at the same time...heeheehee

Wow my kitties are boring They only like to drink from their water bowl.
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Mee Mee drinks out of the dogs water bowl, too....she wouldn't even touch the water we gave her, so we just let her share the dogs. And the bowl is huge!!!! She looks so tiny next to it....
    Christine; Proudly owned by Honey, Licky and Mee Mee
    Mommy to Tyler! 1/13/04

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Water drinking

Cammie (on the left) will only drink out of the faucet. We bought her a pet water fountain and she ignores it. Whenever we are looking for Cammie, we usually find her asleep in the bathroom sink just waiting for the faucet to be turned out.

Halo (on the right) can't figure out the sink thing at all. She bites and snaps at the stream of water thinking it is solid and ends up soaking wet (and so is the bathroom mirror). Halo sticks to drinking out of her bowl (she doesn't use the pet water fountain either) or drinking out of any filthy mud puddle she can find. Yuck!

Last edited by kuhio98; 07-29-2003 at 10:58 AM.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Well, Tigger only drinks from sinks/bathtubs. Smokey and Mystic will drink from their water dish on the floor next to their food dish. Abner HAS to drink from my husbands water cup on side of his TV chair. Tucker has her own dish outside but I have found that she also likes to drink from the birdbath.

My mom's cats (my "grandbabies") love to drink from the pool, or in the spring, fall and winter, the top of the pool cover. She also has to provide them with drinking dishes all over the house. (she has 8 cats and they all want to be special in their drinking place).

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

We have a water bowl in the kitchen for the cats to drink out of. They both drink from it, but also will hop in the bathtub to get a drink of water too. Jack will jump up on the bathroom sink every once in a while for us to turn the water on for him to play with and drink. Jack also loves to drink water from our drinks. He practically will stick his head in the cup when you're drinking from it. I sometimes just fill up a cup w/ water and act like I'm drinking it to see if he'll come running over. Without fail he always does and I let him have a good long drink.