Thread: Bleh! Can cut!

Bleh! Can cut!

This morning I was in such a rush to get ready and head out to work - I was opening a can of crickets for my geckos.

It was one of those types with the tab that you push down and peel back the lid on. Well as I was peeling it back, sure enough, the edge of the can caught my middle finger on my left hand

40 minutes later there was still blood gushing out of it. Then it finally started to slow down, and I was late for work.

I was so upset, I managed to kick a hole through the drywall. Yes I have a HORRIBLE temper - I know. (one more reason why I refuse to have kids)

hehehe It's now 3 hours later and it's still bleeding a little bit now. I've gone through 7 bandaids so far.

UGH
    Select * from breeders where clue > 0
    0 rows returned
    Cheerfully Childfree

Holy cow!! Have you tried holding your hand above your heart? My chemistry teacher told me about that, it seemed to work.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Yeah I tried that - it helped - it has stopped bleeding for the most part now.

I know it's pretty deep because neosporin actually STUNG when I put it on. Ugh.

I hope it's ok for tonight - I have to use that hand to hold the clutch on the motorcycle for the course I am taking on how to ride one.
    Select * from breeders where clue > 0
    0 rows returned
    Cheerfully Childfree

Ow! Ergh.... at least the bleeding has mostly stopped....

I did that once opening a can of cat food Talk about a pig slaughter in my kitchen. My first reaction was to shake my hand cuz it hurt SO bad!! Blood was everywhere!!

I ended up going to the emergency room and got 13 stitches. The best thing to do when something like that happens is to pour Hydrogen Peroxide over it to get all the bacteria out. Can cuts are the worst, next to paper cuts.

The worst part about the stitches was NOT the stitches, but the Lydocane they inject into the cut first.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!