Tom called from his cell. A dog lying on the side of the street. He stopped to help it but she died in his arms. I called animal control. She had no tags, but maybe she was chipped. They were backed up and didn't have an arrival time for me. So I went to sit with her till they got there. I didn't want her to be alone. I was with her about 10 minutes when a family came over to look at her under the blanket I had put over her. They knew her. Their son went to get the Mom. The Mom didn't even know Ruby had gotten out. It is an extremely busy street. She was very very upset. It was so sad. We were all crying. The family took Ruby in the blanket back to the Mom’s house. Tom and I are taking a copy of the Rainbow Bridge over to them now. And a note telling them she was not alone when she passed, as Tom held her in his arms.

Then I went to join Ashlee, Nina and Wilson at the park and I found a feral kitten, then the Mom. So back in the car to get cat food. When I returned the kitten was hiding but the Mommy came out to eat. Now the task of what to do with them and how.

Not just our usuall doggie walk week end.
Please say a prayer that RUBY made it to the bridge.

Thanks Tom and Katz