Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OMG SO Excited! I finally bought my very first car!!!

Congratulations, Cass! The car is beautiful too! I have a little lighter silver Jeep Grand Cherokee and I love it. Scott drove an Olds Bravada (that is what it is, isn't it?) for a long time. His was fire engine red! I remember the car and him, but didn't know him at that time!!!

Good luck!!

Logan

Congrats!

How wonderful, your license & a new care (btw....nice car )!
    Have fun & be careful

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Congrats on the new car!!! I just picked up the license plates for mine yesterday. It's so exciting to have a new car!

Originally posted by Crikit
    Now remember when you get your license and are able to drive the car by yourself you must name it...a car needs a name. My cars name is Syd, Syd the Sentra.

Mine's named MiniBarb.
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Congrats!! It's a really nice car!My brother was speeding when he took his class. DON"T SPEED!

Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    Looks like you will have lots of room to drive the ratties around..

hehe you read my mine perfectly! I am getting this car just in time for the RatPacNW show next month! It has enough room to fit cages, and a dog! Of course we are still looking for another pooch. They had a purebred Great Dane in the paper yesterday, but that's way too big for this place. Although I have ALWAYS wanted one, lol.

The car has air conditioning so it's safe for taking the pets in, so they do not overheat. It gets so hot here sometimes and it's not too safe taking the kitties to the vet etc. That was my main priority, AC!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Originally posted by AmberLee
    Congratulations! I bet this will make things easier for you doing errands, getting to work, taking care of Dylan's needs...

Fingers crossed here that you'll be a natural at learning this skill!

I sure hope so. A few years ago my brothers ex gf tried teaching me and my younger brother drove better than me.

Yes this will be so much easier getting around with Dylan and to work! I actually got laid off work because three people came back for the summer, and since I was a "single" mother who had to take care of Dylan and did not want to work full time, they kept the other girl and not me. They actually made it a point to go on and talk about how I can get so much "assistance" because I am a single mom, and how I have so much going on with my father and all. I do not want assistance! I do not need help from people, I can do it on my own with my family. I hate when people automatically think that just because you are not married that your family cannot support itself. Drives me nuts! Anyways, I go back in November, after all the other people leave. I haven't decided if I want to go back though because some of the things they do there (Vet Clinic) are questionable to me.

For instance, the main vets have this weird idea that any pet they have can br thrown away. His wife got pregnant with twins and they gave away ALL their animals besides their lemurs!!! If I had to get rid of any animal I would keep my cats and dogs (they gave away their Golden Retriever, a poodle and their siamese cat Ping) and find the monkies new homes. I was very dissapointed in them for doing that. I would have taken their Golden right away had I known what was happening.

Anyways, I may get a job at Zany Zoo working with the Petting Zoo and childrens parties etc. But I need to drive first. My old boss keeps bugging me to take this job, but I just need to have my license. The girl who is currently doing the job just found out she is pregnant and does not want her around the exotics there.

But my main thing is that I will be more independent, and be able to get out with Dylan. I can take him to his childrens class so he can play with kids his own age, and take him to feed the ducks. Plus, hehe, I will be able to go to the petshop whenever I want to save more ratties. I've saved so many lives there, because I convince them to put them in the pet tank lol.

Sorry to ramble on this morning, I guess I have a lot of energy.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Originally posted by Logan
    Congratulations, Cass! The car is beautiful too! I have a little lighter silver Jeep Grand Cherokee and I love it. Scott drove an Olds Bravada (that is what it is, isn't it?) for a long time.
    Good luck!!

Logan

Yep that's what it is! It's a 93. The mileage is only around 60,000 miles so not that bad. As long as it can get me to the Rat shows, and possibly to California (ooh now I can talk Dan into driving to see my family!!! ) then I am happy.

My mother does not drive either. I have been waiting forever to have my own car. I have been saving up stickers for 5 years to put on my bumper lol.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Cool, you're going to learn how to drive, I'm actually in the middle of learning how to drive also ( I drive in the yard, big yard 2 acres) even though I can't get my licsence(sp?) for three more years Hey 13 year olds should be allowed to drive too
    Don't Delay Neuter or Spay!! Ringo Rocks!

Well, I am 23 so it's about time I leaned how to drive.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Wow, I hadn't seen photos of Dylan in a while! What a big boy he's gotten to be.

He looks very good natured and healthy. How old is he: going on two this autumn, right?
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Ahhhh Yes I can see I was wrong. I just glanced at the front of it and thought it was a Blazer! Oops!
    I like Bravadas too!!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Originally posted by AmberLee
    Wow, I hadn't seen photos of Dylan in a while! What a big boy he's gotten to be.

He looks very good natured and healthy. How old is he: going on two this autumn, right?

Yes! He is going to be two years old in November, the 25th. I never imagined the time would go by so fast. Today I finished our photo album of him. All his baby pictures bring back so many memories. I am actually going to post some new pics of him later on today......as I have some REALLY cute ones!

Good news about the car!! Well actually GREAT news! Today we go pick it up, Dan gave his mom the money, and get this, we only had to pay $880 bucks!!!! Isn't that awesome? I was so stoked when she told us that last night. We gave her money but were going to still owe her a little bit, but she called last night and said not to worry about it. Wheeeeeee!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Originally posted by shais_mom
    Ahhhh Yes I can see I was wrong. I just glanced at the front of it and thought it was a Blazer! Oops!
    I like Bravadas too!!

Ah, their all the same to me.

Looks like I won't be learning to drive til next weekend because tomorrow we are going to go to the coast for a get together and a bon fire/picnic on the beach.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major