CHAT (Citizens for Humane Animal Treatment) the organization I volunteer at that helps at the Buffalo Animal Shelter is putting together a fundraiser/adoptathon event at Elmwood Art Festival this weekend. I want to put together a presentation called You CAN Make A Difference. It is I want to put some pictures together of the progress that Penny Lane has made in the last 4 months since I adopted her.

Here is what I had in mind - taking from Penny Lanes diary.

My First Day at my new home. I am glad to be out of the kennel - there were so many dogs there at some of them were awful loud. I'm a little scared - the lady seems nice, but she made me go in a big white thing and got me all wet. She said something about "skunk". I don't know what that is, all I tried to do is chase a black and white kitty cat. I think I'll hide under the table for a while and just watch

I have been here for a few weeks now - I get food every day! twice a day. And the nice lady calls me Penny Lane. I don't like the baths though. The lady said something about "skunk smell takes forever to go away". I follow the lady around all the time though - I still get very nervous. The nice lady says" Penny Lane you have really nice ears - why do I still hold them back?" I don't know, I just want to sit and watch everything and make sure I don't get hurt. I do wag my tail more though. I don't even realize I am doing it!

Oh just when I thought I wasn't going to get hurt again - they make me go to a place with a lot of different people. Where is the nice lady going! Don't go - I'm scared. I feel something sting me and then I go to sleep. When I wake up I hurt all over and I have this white thing on my head. I'm scared. Wait - the nice lady is coming back! SHE IS TAKING ME BACK! I feel better now, but I sure am sleepy.

I have been here a long time now. I still get to eat twice a day and I get to play whenever I want to. I am even learning to play nice with my new brother. You know, my mom says I have great ears when they stand up. They seem to do that all the time now. I don't think I am going anywhere - I am home.

I need some help selecting what pictures I should include. Here is the link to my album - http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289338949

If anyone has any suggestions, feel free. I really want to create something that will make people realize how rewarding it is to adopt from the shelter and what a difference they can make to a dogs life.