View Poll Results: What pet would you NEVER want to have?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Tarantula

41 66.13%
  • A Snake

9 14.52%
  • A Ferret

2 3.23%
  • A Hermit Crab

3 4.84%
  • A Rat or Mouse

2 3.23%
  • Other

5 8.06%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there any type of pet wpuld you NEVER want to have?

Originally posted by allanimalswelcome
    Hmm none! I'd be happy to own any of them!

For those who hate cockrouces you have no idea what you are missing. My teacher used to have them and I got a lot of kids to love our Madigascar Hissing Cockrouches. They are really sweet!

I used to have two named Bilbo and Frodo. Frodo I got from my friend (after releazing how boring he was ) and Bilbo was given to me by my teacher. I loved them both! Then Frodo died...and the Bilbo died months later.

~Rachel

Sorry, but I could never own one. I'll take your word about them.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Ok.. I change my mind. I'd NEVER own a cockroach! Too scary.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Tarantula definitely. I could never own one and although I'm deathly afraid of spiders, I'm fascinated with tarantulas. I'd love to have the courage to touch one.

well, I donīt like snakes, tarantulas and all kind of bugs... sorry, if someone loves those animals, but I just said my thoughts

Liga(me),Carreras(gordon setter),Simba(the cat),Felix(bun),Aisha & Nila(ratties),Ellie(guinea piggy)

I. hate. spiders.

I'm fascinated with tarantulas. I'd love to have the courage to touch one.
    We used to have a rosy haired tarantula named Mata Hari. She was one BIG spider, about the size of the palm of my hand. I had to take her out and move her to a bigger cage when we first got her, so I HAD to pick her up. I wasn't scared of her, I know they are harmless. But still .... it was just the "heebie jeebie" factor ... her body was so BIG. It took me a couple days of touching her, then petting her, then letting her walk over my fingers, then my hand, before I could finally get enough courage to pick her up.

Once I did it once, it was nothing. She was very sweet and placid, and just liked to sleep on people, because we are warm.

It's only icky the first time.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

I'm not a fan of invertebrate pets. I don't think they are creepy, but I wouldn't want them as a pet... I'm not really into fish either. My mom had some hissing cockroached for a few years. She used to have a pet black widow spider. So, it's not like I have any built-in bias, but I like pets that have a certain degree of affection for their people.

However, the one animal I really wouldn't want as a pet is a hamster... I just don't like them!

I'll stick to my rats.

I love my ROACHES!!!! They are one of the best pets imaginable and I couldn't imagine not owning some type of insect. To me the cats beat the rats, the rats beat the spiney mice (although my house mouse is way more lovable than any rat I've ever known, he's just different), the spiney mice beat the roaches etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

No spiders for me

I LOVE my cat, though she tries my patience sometimes... I couldn't imagine life without her. (I just like animals that really bond to me, so it doesn't have anything to do with appearences or "creepiness".)

For me, my pet preferences are:
    Cats--Rats--Dogs--other (domestic) mammals--other (domestic) critters

I don't agree with taking animals out of the wild. That is all.

I would have all those animals except a tarantula and a snake

Thank you for the signature manda_moo87

Fur and Purr

The only two requirements for a pet in my life at this time. But I can't really think of any I wouldn't have. Probably not anything too small or too big. And although I prefer furry animals, I wouldn't reject one with a different type of skin or coat.
    For their sake, I think the only pet I wouldn't have is fish. As I said, for their sake - I have had bad luck with caring for fish in the past and wouldn't want to harm any more through my own ignorance.
    Spencer's Mom

Grasshopper Shadowcat Magicat
    August 14, 1986 - June 15 2004
    Thank you so much for the siggies, PCB & Kfamr

* * I've Been Frosted * *

Tarantula? HOW BOUT NO!!!!! NEVER!

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

I would never, ever, ever want a pet cockroach. If you gave me one I would kill it with no remorse.

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!