Thread: Looking for ACD to Adopt

Looking for ACD to Adopt

Hi!

I'm looking to adopt a young Australian Cattle Dog (Blue Heeler). I'm located in the Washington DC area, but will travel to pick up a dog.

Does anyone know where I can get a free (or cheap) dog to adopt on the East Coast? I've checked out most of the rescue sites already, and am looking into other options.

Thanks for your help!

Paige
    [email protected]

Did you see this site?

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/MA193.html

I saw a ton of Cattle Dog mixes on petfinder.com
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Larger Photo...

Sadie
    What a doll baby this little girl is! Sadie is a 2-year-old blue heeler mix who will be spayed and up to date on shots before she is adopted. Sadie lives with Cinnamon the chocolate lab and is good with most other dogs. She loves people. She needs a foster home.

Foster
    This 1-1/2-year-old cattledog needs a home that can give him some attention and plenty of exercise. He's a sweet boy, but needs more time and exercise than his former owners could give him. Foster is crate-trained, neutered, housebroken and up to date on his shots. He likes to play with other dogs. He has not been around cats. Foster is a good candidate for training and would love an agility class. He loves to go hiking. He will make a great companion for an active person or family. He needs a foster home.

Roo
    This 1-1/2-year-old terrier/cattledog mix is such a sweetie, but she's got an independent streak!Roo is very friendly and loves to be around people, though she is a special needs dog that requires special handling. We originally thought she was named Roo because her face looks like a kangaroo when she puts her ears up, but we've since learned that she also barks with a "roo" noise. So maybe that's where the name comes from. Roo is currently living in a kennel and enrolled in obedience classes with John Jones. She trains several times a week and is doing very well with training. Based on her history and training experience, she needs to be placed as an only dog with no cats or young children in the home. We are currently looking for someone to either foster or adopt Roo that would be willing to continue her training with John Jones as she has made great progress since beginning her lessons. If you are interested in Roo, please contact PAWS Dog Coordinator Cathy Kassab.

There are these three cuties at the Centre Co. Paws. Not purebreds but cuties all the same. We are about 3 hours or so from DC

Denyce