Thread: copy cat

copy cat

Hi, I thought you would enjoy reading about my calico girl, Julie, who sometimes copies me or likes to keep me company during certain activities.

For example, I try to do some yoga each day. She almost always joins me in the back bedroom and performs her little stretch routine right alongside me. What really cracks me up is when she performs a big, whole-body stretch and then grunts with the effort, just like a human being would do while working out!

Another endearing role that she plays is as my "prayer partner." When I sit down to read my morning prayers, Julie will almost always jump into my lap. She will meow a few times, then settle down and purr loudly. She is probably just responding to the sound of my voice, but I like to think she is adding her own petitions and praises to the Lord!

Other times, Julie will eat when I eat, drink water when I drink water and even use her litterbox when I am in the bathroom using my "litterbox"!

Does anyone else have similar experiences to report?
    MARTHA and Chloe
    My Sweet Tortie Posy
    (and a real Nosy Parker to boot)

IN MEMORIAM 3-29-07
    Julie the California Calico Princess
    "I'll be seeing you over the rainbow..."

Bastet takes showers with me, washes her face when I wash mine, *cooks* when I cook and watches tv and chats on the internet when I do too.
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

This sounds so cute. The only thing that I can think of is that my cats will sometimes eat when I eat, drink when I drink, and sleep when I sleep.

Cubby goes potty when I do, sleeps when I do, and walks with me through out the house. He doesn't eat when I do because he waits for me to get done so he can find out what I was eating and eat it. Like green beans last night he ate those off of my husbands plate he didn't touch the roast just the green beans. He will try to drink when I do but he isn't very good at it. I use those frozen mugs and he loves to drink the sweat off of them. So when ever I pick up my mug and go to take a drink he is right there trying to get his drink. But he ends up waiting until I put the mug down.

Katie

My Smokey like to excerise with me...more like when I'm stretching he like to lay under me or if I'm crossed legged he will come and sit right in the middle of my legs. It sure is difficult at times.

When I'm doing my hair in the morning, Mystic will jump up onto the countertop by the sink and talk to me until I do her hair as well (this is usually a back rub, but she thinks she is getting her hair done).

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

My husband stretches before he goes out for a jog, and Kona copies him. She'll stand next to him and stretch out one back leg--it's hilarious!
    Oreo and Molly

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    My two just watch in curiousity while I workout. Every once in a while one of them will get brave and approach me while I'm doing sit-ups (crunches). I will always pick them up and proceed to do a set of "puss-ups" (Cat on chest, hugging and smooching - it's one of my favorite "exercises.") They're both learning that their new meowmie is nuts ....

Mishi loves to be in the bathroom when I'm going through my morning toilette. He helps me with my makeup (San Francisco male kitty? ) and evening wash-up. Every once in a while I'll have both of them joining me -- the whole "family" in my tiny bathroom.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

how's bastet?

Hi, Bastet's Mum--Thanks for replying to my copy cat post.

How is Bastet doing? I remember sometime back she was very sick...

Love from MARTHA and Julie (meow!) the Calico Princess
    MARTHA and Chloe
    My Sweet Tortie Posy
    (and a real Nosy Parker to boot)

IN MEMORIAM 3-29-07
    Julie the California Calico Princess
    "I'll be seeing you over the rainbow..."

Originally posted by RedHedd
    I will always pick them up and proceed to do a set of "puss-ups" (Cat on chest, hugging and smooching - it's one of my favorite "exercises.")
    That is too cute!

Tux follows me around the house, sleeps when I do and sometimes uses his litter box when I`m using mine.

Van10 - Meowmy to Tux

Bastet is doing just great and is at present staring out another indoor cat in the house behind us through the bathroom window.

I firmly beleive that the yoga exercises cat's perform would make an award winning fitness release. Ever tried the "puss ups", "slinky stretches" or the ultimate "roll from standing position to get belly rub without putting your back out or damaging the furniture"? The mind just boggles!

Thanks for asking
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

Re: copy cat

Originally posted by fairlady68
    Another endearing role that she plays is as my "prayer partner." When I sit down to read my morning prayers, Julie will almost always jump into my lap. She will meow a few times, then settle down and purr loudly. She is probably just responding to the sound of my voice, but I like to think she is adding her own petitions and praises to the Lord!

Whenever Nakita hears my voice, she thinks I'm talking to her. So if I'm talking on the phone or to someone else she talks along with me.

If Rob and I give each other a hug, she will squish herself between our feet and expect to be part of the hug too!

I love cats!

Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.