Thread: Can I ever be clean enough?

Can I ever be clean enough?

My cat which hates most people. He feels the need to give me a bath at least once a day. He hates cleaning his face (long story) so I don't understand why he feels the need to clean me.

Anyways, I walked passed the bedroom and seen him laying on the bed, he was looking at me with one of those 'come pet me looks' so I did. I laid down and reached over to pet him and he decided I shouldn't pet him until my arm was cleaned. So after about 5 minutes of him cleaning he decided it was ok to get some cuddles. After about 20 minutes of cuddles he was done I guess I was to dirty for him or something. As soon as he moved away from my so I couldn't pet him he laid on my hand (so I couldn't keep petting him) and once again starting cleaning me, to the point that I thought he was going to rip my skin off. It's cute when he does it but it hurts.

There was one time he bathed me for about an hour and the next day I had a bruise on my arm from him. I didn't think that was possible but I guess it was (see what happens when you bruise very easy?!?) I know he doesn't try to rip my skin off or anything but after laying down for an hour or so it gets kinda old and painfull, but I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world.

Cats need a softer tounge if they want to bathe us on a regular basis.

Katie

I have always thought of the licks as "love licks". I wouldn't worry about them. Hopefully they will stop if you tell them a stern "No".
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

Filou cleans my husband's forehead and styles his hair

And yes as the cats need their tongues also to remove some meat from bones they can bruise you.

But I am sure Cubby thinks it is very nice of you to let yourself clean for more than an hour

He wont go near our hair. He use to cuddle up in mine when I first got him. But now he is older and wont do it. I love him so I am use to his little *Meowmie time for your bath sessions*

Katie