Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Power outage in the NE USA

Power outage in the NE USA

Wow, what a mess. We here in VT, for the most part, have power. NYC is one big parking lot. Hope this is something we won't be dealing with very often!

I am so glad I live in a rural area of the North East.

SAS

Philadelphia area reporting in. We are fine. It just shows you how very dependent and vulnerable we are in our modern day and age. For those who used to watch Little House on the Prairie, I often wonder if life might have been better back then - much less complicated, but then again without many of the things that we take for granted, like cures for diseases that people back then died from. Sorry, I am rambling.... I am praying for those who may be trapped in elevators, subways, etc. Can't wait to hear that power is back.

NorthEast, MidWest, Eastern Canada...

EE-Yipes!

Dad sez don't *panick*if The Pet Talk BBS goes down or doesn't answer later on...

Pet Talk might suffer a power outage OR have InterNet problems
    because of this HUGE Power Outage.

Looks like the Outage is effecting states as far west as Michigan all the way up to New England...

Prolly going to be a LOT of Pet TalkERS who won't be able to Pet Talk tonight...
    **Sorrie Bout Dat*, Folks!!

Lotta coverage on MSNBC.com =
    http://www.MSNBC.com
    and CNN.com =
    http://www.CNN.com

Hang On fur da ride!!

/s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Uh oh..............we'll be missing a lot of PT'ers tonight! You poor North Easterners. Here's to hoping it doesn't happen here.

Ps. Is this due to weather.......or just because?

my Mom just called from LI and they said that they are completely down there. My Dad is out directing traffic at a nearby corner 'cause traffic is such a mess without traffic lights.

I'm so glad we still have power (AND AIRCONDITIONING!) here!

What a MESS!!

My boyfriend is in Leroy, NY... Hope he's okay.

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

I left work at 4:30 from my current temp job in Hackensack, northeast New Jersey. At home, (Montclair, also northeast NJ) I feel lucky to be "with power." Hope it comes back on ASAP for everybody out there. I know it is causing a big hassle for a lot of people, and is a serious problem for some. My sister is near Kent, an hour south of Cleveland. She reports it is okay where she is, but Cleveland is out.
    Steffi and Lovable

What a mess! I just heard about it! I was in a meeting. We finished up and went for a drink and I saw it on the news. WILD.

Glad they've stopped speculating (the terrorism angle). Canada is reporting that it was, indeed, a lightening strike.
    My only fear now is what happens when the sun sets. Here's hoping things stay calm...
    -babolaypo

Only that which is the other gives us fully unto ourselves.
    -Sri Yogananda

It's important to have an end to journey toward but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    -Ursula Leguin

Originally posted by babolaypo65
    My only fear now is what happens when the sun sets. Here's hoping things stay calm...
    That could be bad news! Oh, I hope everyone stays safe.

I am very worried about my little brother. I can't get a hold of him and I REALLY hope he wasn't on a subway or in an elevator at the time.

Hoping everyone in NYC is ok.,scarey thing to happen.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Soledad, Any word from your brother???
    -babolaypo

Only that which is the other gives us fully unto ourselves.
    -Sri Yogananda

It's important to have an end to journey toward but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    -Ursula Leguin

Originally posted by Soledad
    I am very worried about my little brother. I can't get a hold of him and I REALLY hope he wasn't on a subway or in an elevator at the time.
    I hope he's alright. Let us know when you get a hold of him.

Soledad, I just saw on CNN that they are getting people out of the subways...hopefully he is one of the early ones. Keep in mind that the cell towers might be overussed...so, cell phone/land phones, etc., might make it difficult for communication. He **might** be ok, just hanging out, waiting for a way home. I am hopeful that is the case.

Yeah our power is back on!!! traffic was a nightmare!!!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever