Thread: Ash and the washing

Ash and the washing

I have mentioned it before that my Cat Ash loves the smell of the fabric softener in my washing, it is like catnip to him, he goes crazy.

I had noticed from time to time the odd towel on the ground by the washing line, and blamed the wind, until yesterday when I caught the culprit in the act, if only I had a camera?

Yep my Ash chose a nice long towel he could reach and pulled it off the line, and was smooching the towel. little monkey.

Does anyone else's cat like it, I noticed lexie seems to like the smell too, but she just sniffs and walks on, whereas Ash gets high on the stuff lol.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I can picture it even without a photo.....little SNEAK!!!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Which fabric softener do you use? My two just ignore the clean laundry, boxes, bags .... they're very strange that way.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Actually I use several different kinds, whichever is on special, sometimes fluffy, or budget whatever, and it makes no difference Ash still loves my washing and how it smells. He has pulled it off the clothes horse before and sat in the basket with all my lovely clean washing, but this was the first time I have caught him at the line, he is a cat with a very different personality in most respects so I guess I should not be suprised.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I've never heard of a cat doing this before. Cats sure can be sneaky.

Yes well my Ash is one of a kind really, a bit of a jekyll and hyde personality, so one never knows what to expect of him lol.
    Furangels only lent.

A kitty after my own heart! Nothing more comforting than a fresh washed blankie with that clean smell to cuddle with!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Re: Ash and the washing

Originally posted by carole
    Yep my Ash chose a nice long towel he could reach and pulled it off the line, and was smooching the towel. little monkey.

LOL!!! Great description--- I can't totally see it in my mind's eye. Does my kitty get high on fabric softener fumes? Hmm, not that I know of. But its a cute quirk, Ash, we love you.

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

Yes Ash my old darlin, you are the grumpiest cat I have ever known but you sure do have some lovely endearing personality quirks, that help make up for your cantankerous nature.

Like when you do floppies for mamma, on demand,, yep i trained Ash to do this , and he will, sometimes he just comes inside and flops on his own without any prompting, and its not like a normal cat flopping to the ground, you actually have to see him in action to know what I mean , he is a real character is old Ash.

For instance when you pat him and he does not want it, he will be lying stretched out looking so cute, and one will of course want to stroke him, he will start growling that low deep growl, that I thought was only reserved for other cats, and then start banging his tail ever so hard, one time none of us were touching him, and he was hitting the side of the chair with his tail, and growling.

Then there is the head bumpies, which we were doing oneday, and he seemed to be loving it, on about the sixth one he comes along and swipes me in the face. Oh how I love ya Ash.. but seriously folks I really DO!!!!

Just thought I would tell you about my mr jekyll and hyde kitty.
    Furangels only lent.

I can't do the laundry w/out my Bernie helping :-) there's a pic in a my signature that shows how he helps

What a rascal!