Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Sad News from Mugsy and Myself

Sad News from Mugsy and Myself

This has been a bad week. Animal control came to the house Wed. Told us they did not like the house or the yard. They called code enforcement, they said that unless we reduced our family they would condem the house and seize all of the dogs. We called and talked with the director of animal control. She said that this was not an attack because we took over the shelter. That they got a call from a neighbor (they always get calls and always find nothing wrong until now). We talked with another director and he came to the house and said he wanted to see us get down to 7 dogs (interestingly enough their ordanice is a total of 7 animals), He also said that he would send an officer and pickup 13 dogs and eval them for adoption. We told him to take a (Censored). We then talked to the head of animal control again and she said that we need to get down to 10 (half) of our family.

So, With the heaviest of hearts, we helped Dudley and Ryu Pass to the Rainbow Bridge. Dudley had Mange (demodect) and has developed a staff infection that would not go away he was also starting to whine in pain. Ryu's hip displayisia was starting to cause him to fall and we had an appt. to have him checked and possibly ease his pain. Due to these problem and their age they would have been put down before we left the building(at animal control) and no shelter would have taken them( we called). My only hope is that they will forgive us and wait for us at the bridge.

As for the rest of our family we were forced to return Pebbles and Dio to the shelter we got them from. Our beloved Max and Sammi returned to the shelter from where they came. And Lastly we had to return Serenity and Vonnie to the Spca here in town.
    I can only hope that they are given to people who will love them as much as we do. WE miss them now and for time to come. They did not deserve this.

We called the director and convinced her that it would be hard to return Sophie. WE are able to Have 11 dogs for the grandfather clause.

Baby is our last dog to let go, But we are going to contact a rescue that trains herding dogs to work for farms and then adopts them out. Baby has a strong herding instict and we realize that this will be best for her. (even tho we do not want to loose her either).

For this Molly will not be posting much any more( for awhile). We will be jumping through the hoops for the city to keep the rest of our family. we will try to keep posted as to the developments.
    And as for now the pt meeting in august is tentative.

I'm speechless. I'm crying for you right now. That's so terrible. I can only imagine how that must feel. I don't understand why they had to do that.

I'm sooo sorry. So sorry.

RIP Dudley and Ryu.
    I've been BOO'd!

O Molly and Mike ::hugs::

I can only imagine the pain of loosing 10 children all at the same time! Good luck in trying to keep your family together, we'll keep you in our prayers.

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

oh my gosh... I really don't know what to say. I am in tears right now. NOT SERENITY. oh my gosh.......................

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Oh My!

I am sure that there are no possible words that can comfort you and Molly or make the loss of 10 members of your family any less painful. My heart goes out to you. All we can hope for is that they find new loving hopes that can provide the same type of love you have showered them with. Thank you for giving each one of them a second chance.

RIP Dudley and Ryu.

Molly and Mike I am so, so sorry. This news is breaking my heart, I know it must be almost unbearably painful for you. Tears are flowing here and I really don`t know what else to say.
    Hugs

This is probably the most heartbreaking news that I have ever heard. I know that if this happened to me, I would be inconsolable (sp?). Why can't they go out and just catch REAL criminals??? There are no words to even begin to help you both feel better, so just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

You must be numb! Half of your family - gone in one day! Please know that all of us here at Pet Talk are sharing in your sadness. I am wondering why they didn't let you try to re-home them yourselves. At least that way you could have some idea of the kinds of homes they'd be going to. You have my sympathy in the loss of Dudley and Ryu. This is so sad.

Oh my! My heart is breaking for you guys! Please take care of yourselves,and know that we share your pain. Rest in peace Dudley & Ryu!

Oh my gosh you guys. I am in shock. I am so sorry this happened!! Oh how terrible for you!!! I am sitting here speechless.

I can't imagine the saddness and frustration and anger you must be dealing with. Why now, when they have been there before and said everything was fine. You guys do such an awesome job of caring for your crew, making sure they get the vet care ,and love they deserve. LIke Jen said, why not catch the real criminals.

I'm so sorry.

RIP Dudley and Ryu. You will be missed.

OH my God! This is so horrible! You two do so much for your doggies and the shelter you are working at. Why the heck can't the city just leave you and your family alone?

I am so sorry. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. **hugs**

Stephanie, Brian, Bailey, and Guinness

R.B. - Bailey (pit bull/lab mix) (08/?/2002 to 02/02/2005) and Guinness (chow/sheperd mix)

Heartbroken...

Oh, no. My heart breaks for you both, Mike and Mugsy The pain of losing so many beloved family members must be unbearable. I can only hope and pray that the kids will find homes that can provide them with half the love and devotion you two did. Oh, Serenity, Vonnie, Pebbles, Dio, Max, Sammi, Baby, my prayers are with you, precious ones. Sweet Dudley and Ryu knew how much you loved them and will be waiting for you both at the RB. Till then, rest peacefully, sweet ones. I'm so, so sorry, Mike and Mugsy Love, Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Re: Sad News from Mugsy and Myself

Originally posted by Slave of 15 Dogs

We called the director and convinced her that it would be hard to return Sophie. WE are able to Have 11 dogs for the grandfather clause.

Just one thought...can you or did you get this is writing, in blood, notirized, whatever. Previously, they were okay with all, 20. I would hate to see them change it on you yet again.

Re: Heartbroken...

I am sitting here/reading and imagining what it would be like not only to loose 1 of my family members, but 8. Both your hearts must be breaking/tearing in millions of pieces.

You both have such good hearts and have done all you could. Dudley and Ryu are in a kinder and much better place right now.
    I am so sorry.
    Hugs Karen

----<---<--<{(@

This is so sad, so unfair. Could you get some kind of permit that allows you to run a no-kill shelter or something that would allow you to keep more of them until they're adopted out?

Awful, awful people.

Our prayers are with you all.