Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tanning beds

Tanning beds

How many people here use tanning beds?
    Don't Delay Neuter or Spay!! Ringo Rocks!

I use them but I only go for ten minutes. I'm really pale so when I go outside in the summer I always burn. Whne I use a tanning bed it get's me tanner so I won't burn as easily outside.
    Don't Delay Neuter or Spay!! Ringo Rocks!

I am pale, and I burn very easily when I am outside, so I am trying to convince my parents to let me, but do it only for about 10 minutes just to prevent burns to some degree, because just sunblock doesn't work for me.
    -Amanda-
    Fur Mommy to Chloe, Clara, Dozer, and Max!

And mommy to my two little angels in heaven Scooter (1-07-04) and Dexter (1-13-04)

Sorry to send bad news, but tanning beds are just as harmful as tanning outside. For people with vary fair skin who always burn (for example, in less than 15 minutes), no amount of "base tan" is safe.

The best plan is to become comfortable with the color of skin that you were born with; you can't change it. Wear a sunblock with 30 or higher SPF that blocks UVA/UVB rays every time you are in the sun, if not every day. Some tips for making sunblock work better are putting it on 30 minutes before you are in the sun and reapplying it often. Of course, even with sunblock people with certain skin types should avoid prolonged exposure.

Unfortunately, I learned these lessons the hard way--I had my first skin cancer at 23 and continue to struggle with new occurrences. Believe me--If you are concerned about your appearance, the scars from skin-cancer surgery are worse than having pale skin.
    Oreo and Molly

Kona & Oreo's mom is totally right. They do cause skin cancer. I use a tanning bed in the summer though. Since I work outside, I get a farmers tan from my t-shirt otherwise. I wouldn't advise using a tanning bed, but if you are going to, use a high pressure bed. They are much more expensive, but much safer. I only have to go 3 times a month opposed to 10 times a month in a low pressure. The tans aren't as dark as a low pressure, but they last much longer. The lighting is different in the high pressure beds. Another thing to consider is the spray beds. They are just self tanning lotion that this room sprays on you. They work really well if you have a special occasion and they are safe. The tan will last about a week if you do it right.

and keep in mind that ANY tan, whether from the sun or a tanning bed - will age you. This doesn't seem like a big deal now, but trust me, when you get to be 40+ years old, those youthful days in the sun or tanning bed will catch up to you.

These are not the droids you were looking for

Yes, I see lots of chicks at the tanning beds that are probably only 35-45 and have serious wrinkles from years of tanning.

I bought five sessions before my trip to Hawaii so I wouldn't glow and scare small children!
    But, now I'm back to my overly moisturized, pasty white self. Planning on looking good till I'm 75!

I don't tan and I don't go out in the sun. It's a great life, really.

I swaer the sun don't shine here in PA. Ok so it's shining now doesn't matter not aloud outside

O back on topic, nope I don't use tanning beds.

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Screw Tanning.

I don't tan in tanning beds nor outside.

I'm pale and love it.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Originally posted by Kfamr
    Screw Tanning.

I don't tan in tanning beds nor outside.

I'm pale and love it.
    I used to be like that. See, I ALWAYS wear a jacket, whatever the weather may be, I've always got my black Adidas jacket on. Well, this summer, I decided not to wear it. I've actually got some color now and love it. lol.

This is the first time in 4 trips to Florida that I didn't tan first. When I was in college and went to Fl on spring break I got fried in one afternoon at the beach. After that I started tanning before a trip, and did not burn. This year I didn't have time to tan, and I got burnt, but not badly. It didn't peel and is now tan. I was smarter about it though and used a higher SPF then I usually do.

I'm hispanic, I'm naturally tan
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Originally posted by I Love Brian, Forever <3
    I used to be like that. See, I ALWAYS wear a jacket, whatever the weather may be, I've always got my black Adidas jacket on. Well, this summer, I decided not to wear it. I've actually got some color now and love it. lol.
    I always wear black or my black or green sweatshirt.

I've gotten color before, obviously, I live in Florida. I hate it.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

If you folk's lived in NZ you would have to be extemely careful in the sun, however having said that many people still sit out and bake themselves, we have one of the highest rates of skin cancer in the world, our rays are very harmful, thanks to the depletion of our ozone layer.

Yes tanning beds are just the same as being in the sun, I am Pale too and I donot give a dam, I have skin meant for Scotlands weather, so I would be plain stupid to sit in the sun, prone to Skin Cancer's and wrinkling, I would look like an old prune had I done so, so young one's be careful and take your skin type and heritage into consideration.

These day's you can get fake tan's sprayed on and they look real good
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️