Thread: Curiousity is killing me...

Curiousity is killing me...

You guys are so good at this...your thoughts on this would be super and appreciated.. My newly rescued girly-girl Logan (aka: K-lo) is a GSD mix. She's a noble herder, loves feet and ankles and ramming into me at full speed. I am just dying to know what the other mix may be..here's a few personality examples...she will chase every moving outside critter known to man..birds, butterflies, groundhogs, squirrels, rabbits... She will remember exactly where they were when she first saw them originally. She chased a squirrel up a tree the other day and I thought for sure that on her last leap, she'd wind up in the tree. She also backed up to the last hanging branch and jumped up and down like a kangaroo. It was remarkable. She sniffs everything and is blind and deaf to me when focusing on something outside. I'm not complaining, she's a little live wire keeping me on my toes (at least the ones she hasn't attacked yet Cody was so "la-dee-da" after a while, nothing shook him up, so she's so different. Her photos are on "K9karen.tafasite.org/logan" if you need to look. I thought the ears were Retreiverish but now I'm thinking hound of some kind,,,,I adore her for whatever she is, but her behavior is new to me and I thought it may be a good idea to read up on the other half. Thanks,, you guys are great!

I've been Boooo'd!

Logan is stunningly beautiful! On top of that you take such phenomenal pictures!

My guess based on physical appearance is husky/GSD. However, I cannot vouch for the personality traits and whether or not they are husky-like. Sadly, I've never really known a husky intimately.

That's my guess anyway. I'm sure other people will have better ideas!

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

she is beautiful.
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

Pictures *link*

Originally posted by K9karen
    Her photos are on
    http://K9karen.tafasite.org/logan
    if you need to look.
    Let's make that into a *clicker*...

Pix are at:
    http://K9karen.tafasite.org/logan

Cute Dawggie!!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Based on her head I'd say Australian shepard or blue heeler. That would also explain the herding. Glad you have her to keep you busy.

Oh, Karen, I have no idea what Logan is mixed with, but I do know she is stunningly beautiful!
    Great pictures!

Thanks all...(esp: Phred who's always fixin my clicker.. ) When I hold her ears back to smooch her face, she looks like a sheltie. I'll tell my b.f John his photos were a hit.... Klo certainly is a trip!

I've been Boooo'd!

Re: Curiousity is killing me...

Can I first just say I LOVE this pic? http://k9karen.tafasite.org/logan/06...06jul03_07.jpg Do you want a signature?

She's a noble herder, loves feet and ankles and ramming into me at full speed. I am just dying to know what the other mix may be..
    Her face/ears kind of remind me of Australian Shepard...could be herding instincts from that...

she will chase every moving outside critter known to man..birds, butterflies, groundhogs, squirrels, rabbits... She will remember exactly where they were when she first saw them originally. She chased a squirrel up a tree the other day and I thought for sure that on her last leap, she'd wind up in the tree. She also backed up to the last hanging branch and jumped up and down like a kangaroo. It was remarkable. She sniffs everything and is blind and deaf to me when focusing on something outside.
    That sounds like a husky! They have very high prey drive, and are great at turning on the ignore. I'm not sure how much husky I see in her....does she keep her tail curled when she's walking/alert?

She looks mostly GSD...whatever she is, she's gorgeous!!

I think the herding behavior could just be because she is a German Shepherd! However, I also see how she could have some Australian Shepherd or maybe even a touch of Sheltie/Collie. But just a touch. I think its obvious she is mixed with something having a fluffier or otherwise different coat from a German Shepherd.

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

I have no idea what she could be, but I think she is very beautiful!
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

That dog looks like my neighbors dog!
    Layka

She is absolutely gorgeous!! I don't know about her looks, but she sure sounds like she has some hound in her to me. What is her bark like?? Does she have that hound bark?
    Chihuahua Lover
    Don't Litter Spay&Neuter

How do I love thee? The ways are numberless as the hairs on the rug!

Logan has a reversed question mark tail when she's on the prowl. She doesn't bark like a hound but I did give that a thought, thanks. She does have some purple spots on her tongue (Chow) It's not a big deal, I was just curious cause I wanted to understnad her better. I adore her, regardless. I'm so glad I rescued her -she's so "at home" already! She's quite a character! Her first 2 weeks of impeccable behavior is ..well...OVER!

I've been Boooo'd!

I agree with Cisco's Mom!
    Layka