Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I can't stand this. I really can't.

I feel for you KayAnn.

Please don't think that I'm lecturing you, it's not the way I mean it.

I also did not like school (gradeschool, jr high or highschool) guess that's why I'm just a waitress.
    You could make so much out of your life, just put up with it & go on to be a better stronger person. Just know there is so much out there waiting for you
    My niece Ashley (the one who stayed with us for a while) felt the same way you do, but she's doing fine now & I know you will too.
    I'll be thinking about you today, please let us know how everything goes, okay?

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I don't want school to start either. Supposedly I'm already supposed to have completed 7th grade as everyone says but too late to do anything now.

In my school we go from preschool to 8th grade. The kidnergarten and the preschool is on 1st floor, the 1-6grades on the second, and middle school upstairs.

I do not want to go upstairs at all. All the 8th graders are snot balls who think they are perfect.

Then there are the awful teachers. The Math teacher...say you hate math AND HE WON'T LEAVE YOU ALONE!! He'll start babbling on and on about the importance of math and what not. I hate my teacher too (we have a main teacher and then math and english with the other two and science with our). He just started in this school and his too excited about teaching! It's won't be long before he finds out teaching us isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I'm really sorry Kay. I hope you can be homeschooled.

~Rachel
    If you're listening to this song
    You may think the chords are going wrong
    But they're not
    We just wrote it like that

When you're listening late at night
    You may think the band are not quite right
    But they are, they just play it like that

It doesn't really matter what chords I play
    What words I say or time of day it is
    As it's only a Northern song

It doesn't really matter what clothes I wear
    Or how I fare or if my hair is brown
    When it's only a Northern song

If you think the harmony
    Is a little dark and out of key
    You're correct, there's nobody there

And I told you there's no one there

~The Beatles

Hi Kay,

All I can say is that I totally understand what you are going through. When I went into Grade 7 I was moved to a school where I knew no one and REALLY didn't fit in. Then by the time I got to high school I kept changing between the two high schools in our city (it's a LONG story...). But I hated going to school and I was really sure about going to University. But that was my ticket out of the hick town I was living in. It turns out that University was ALOT more fun and interesting that high school ever was.

If someone had told me at that time I would finish a PhD I would have asked what kindof drugs they were smoking.

My biggest piece of advice is to try and block everyone and everything out and concentrate on the work. Remember it can be your ticket out and give you control over your life!!!

Good luck and we are here if you need to vent.

Do not let all those people get you down. I know it's hard but you can't let them influence you that way. Just think of Simba and all of us at PT who love talking to you and what fun we have here.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I think I know how you feel. I feel very sorry for you.
    *sigh* but I have a month left of summer, but that's not too much. I dread going back. I HATE school. I'm going into grade 8 in September, but only one year left until high school. I can't wait until high school actually, but you never know. I might not even like high school. I actually doubt that I'd like it, since I hate school. But I think it'll be better than now, I wish it'll be.
    I can't even stand some kids in my school now, in my class, every year. I know that in high school I'll at least be in different classes. But there will be more kids that I'll hate in high school. There's way more "bad" kids.
    I wish I was homeschooled too. Or maybe in a private school.
    Many teachers and kids at my school make me SO mad. I just try to ignore them. I know its very hard, but you just try to ignore them too. Always think of your dogs, and how they'll always love you and how they need you. I always think of Blueberry when I'm sad or anything, and that always cheers me up.
    and you could always talk to us about what happened at school. We're always here to listen.
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

Re: I feel for you KayAnn.

Originally posted by anna_66

I also did not like school (gradeschool, jr high or highschool) guess that's why I'm just a waitress.
    Anna, I am going to take exception to your remark here. "just a waitress"

I cannot tell you over the years how many times I have gone into a restaurant tired after a long and bad day. Maybe it was just for a sandwich, or for a full meal. So many times it was the waitress who made me relax, maybe pampered me a bit with extra coffee and good service. But it was also by the small talk, maybe a laugh or two that lifted my spirits.

"just a waitress" is a hard job..so many people are crabby and you have to put up with them and politely accept their complaints about the food or whatever. And when they have left, you realize they have left you a lousy tip.

KayAnn, let us hear from you today - o.k.?

Originally posted by Airedalekisses
    Is there any way you could take a GED early
    No you can't get a GED early. You have to wait until your class graduates and then you can register for classes.

KayAnn, the kids start on the 18th and our day starts at 7:55 and we go to 2:35. We get out May 27.

Our high schools are on 4X4 with 4 classes a day for 85 minute classes with 10 minutes for passing and then change classes at semester.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

When you can take your GED depends on your state my daughter was living in Washington and was 16 when she took hers the first time . Here in Montana They can take it at 16 but can't have the certificate till 17 but it is reg if they need it verifed by any school or employer. Most of the community colleges have clases to take then you take it. There are online ones too. Our community college has them. Check on it in your area,.
    Some people are just not ment to be in school my brother dropped out after getting in trouble so much he was in his 3rd year as a freshman dropped out took ged passed 1st time missing 1 question. Mom then called high school questioning his IQ scores he was elegible for mensa He was totally unchallanged in school.
    He went to voc tech for building, now he is 35 and in charge of all constructinon and building matiance on the Reservation where he lives in Idaho. He goes off to Washington Dc a lot for high level training on all kinds of things.
    GED doen't mean your lazy sometimes your too smart for the school your in.

I can't stand this.

Hi Kay. my kitties and I can feel for you. When i was in high school I was not popular at all. my studies were good but my "making friends" was bad. I had this cat tho that my grandfather had given me when I was in kindergarden who was my best friend. He knew things about me that no one else knew. It was so hard for me to go to school each day but I knew that i had him to go home to. on my 16th birthday my mom had him put to sleep due to a illness. She did not tell me till about a week later.It took me a long time to forgive her for taking him away from me. But as I grew I understood. Remember things happen for a reason. That cat brought me and my mom closer together and now I am 33 and my mom is my best friend next to my kitties. Keep your chin up and keep meowing!!!

Hey kay. I was just checking in to see how it went today. Drop us a note when you get home.

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Kayann-
    I'm so sorry you are feeling this way.
    I enjoyed high school, so I cannot understand completely, but I do feel for you, having to be around so many "undesirable" people.

I really hope it gets better for you, or you and your parents can come up with a better solution.

Hugs and kisses to Simba and Nala, and best wishes to you.

Please let us know how everything goes, we'll be thinking of you.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

I am sorry that you are having such a bad experience in highschool. That makes me sad, because those are supposed to be the best memories. For the most part, my highschool was ok; but my husband was miserable like you are.

One encouraging thing that I can say: I've been out since 1996. I cannot believe how so many people that I looked up to are losers now. How many pretty snobs are on welfare with 5 kids. How the jerk jock that picked on me is now a druggie. How half the druggies are dead or in prison, etc... It's hard to imagine right now, but in a few years, you'll look behind you and laugh. Image won't matter as much. Friends will be friends because they have common interests, not because they are cool or in the same social status. All this crap will be irrelevant and half the people that bother you will be miserable. Your life is in your hands. You have to just focus on taking care of yourself and making yourself happy. Think of this as a stepping stone for the future. Before you know it, it'll all be over with. Good luck.

Kay,

I feel you pain believe me. I just grinned and beared it all through high school. I didn't belong to the groups at school (mainly preps) and I was picked on most of the time. I just started ignoring everyone and they finally gave up. I'm here for ya along with the rest of PT.

HS here starts at 8:00 and there are 7 - 50 min. classes. School is out at 2:45.

P.S. I'm can help with science (bio, some chem., and anatomy) and history if you need any.
    Hold your head high.
    Don't ever let 'em define
    The light in your eyes.
    Love yourself, give them Hell.
    You can take on this world.
    You just stand and be strong
    And then fight
    Like a girl.

I hope its going better for you today. My high school experience dates back to before a lot of pettalkers were born, but some experiences are timeless. There are still preps, the druggies, the jocks, and the rest of us.

The big joke is that the preps and jocks are just as insecure as the rest of us, they are just better at disguising it.

Don't get involved with the druggies.

If you can bear it, stick it out and get your HS degree vs. getting a GED - it will ALWAYS look better on a job application.

Ignore the idiots - they aren't worth it.

Ignore the idea that these are supposed to be the best years of your life, which makes you feel even worse because they are not to you.

Just try to find one good thing about this time in your life, whether it is one good teacher or one good friend.

These are not the droids you were looking for

gini, that was good!

Kay Ann, I understand exactly what your going through because I felt the same way. I despised school...I mean I really hated it! I detested it so much that decided that it wasn't for me and I didn't need it. Somehow though I managed to graduate high school and on time even. That was 26 years ago. Since I hated high school so much I never even entertained the thought of college.

Twenty six years later I am scrambling to find a job. The moral of my story???

Though you hate it bear with it. I guarantee you that if you dedicate the next 7 years of your life to education (high school/college) the next 50 years of your life will be much easier!

Last edited by bnormal; 08-05-2003 at 05:26 PM.