Thread: Prayers and or warm fuzzy thoughts requested.

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?

Prayers and or warm fuzzy thoughts requested.

So I've been putting off mentioning anything about what I'm about to say on the board because well I was afraid that I might be judged harshly for something that is beyond my control. Only a few of the members know a little bit about this. However it is now I guess what you call crunch time and I feel that I need all the help I can get. So I turn to you Pet Talk.

I'm not asking much just for some prayers and good thoughts (okay maybe that is alot, but hear me out please) I need them, actually it's Tama that needs them.

You see at this very moment Tama's breeder is deciding whether or not she wants to take him back and give my friend her money back or allow my friend to place him in her "sisters" (that would be me) home. I for obvious reasons am hoping it's the later. My friend thinks that she won't take him back because he's been neutered and really isn't any use to her anymore plus this afternoon when my friend took the little dude over to see the breeder she didn't show much interest in him other then to flip him on his back to confirm that he had indeed been neutered.

Just the thought of losing Tama breaks my heart. In the seven or so months that I've had him he's gone from a scared of every little thing type of dog, to just now coming out of his shell to show the goofy little freak that lives inside, and I feel that if I were to send him back now all the hard work that has gone into him to bring him around and build his courage and confidence will be shattered.

So that's it. I hope you guys can see it in your hearts to send a few prayers and stuff our way in hopes that Tama can stay where he is loved and with who he loves.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

Good thoughts and prayers are coming your way. I hope the lil guy can stay with you.

Keeping you and Tama in my thoughts.

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

All my thoughts and prayers are with you and Tama. It sounds as though you have both been a blessing for each other - you were able to let her out of her shell, and she was able to come out of her shell for you.

You're right, the fact that he is already neutered should help you breathe easier. Lucky Tama is already neutered! Just keep reminding the breeder of that.

Best of luck to you both.

Lot's of good thoughts and prayers, but thourogh,y confused. Who owns Tama and why take him back to the breeder? If the breeder takes him back could you buy him? Sorry, I just am curious. No judgements here, but LOTS of prayers for Tama to stay with you.

I'm a bit confused, too. If the breeder has to give money back, then that means that Tama was "bought" and no longer belongs to the breeder??

But anyway, I do hope that Tama can stay with you. He is such a cutie (I so love his ears!) and I will certainly be keeping you guys in mind! Please let us know what happens.

How terrible!! There has to be some sort of rule against her taking him back -- He's sold, isn't he? Was there some sort of contract? Atleast he's neutered, that can help you relax a bit...

Prayers coming from this way! I really hope that the breeder doesn't get her hands on Tama!
    I've been BOO'd!

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    The breeder can take Tama back if she wants him to because when she sold him to my friend they had a first rights of refusal clause or something in the contract. In other words although my friend officially owns him at the moment when she decided that he wasn't going to fit in in her house (he was being out dogged there) and decided to place him she had to offer him back to the breeder first.

She did attempt to contact the breeder when she first asked me to foster him but she was still waiting for his papers from the breeder (she bought him last august and got his papers in January or so) and the breeder never contacted her until she saw her at the dog show on Friday.

In other words it's one big mess.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

Originally posted by Crikit
    The breeder can take Tama back if she wants him to because when she sold him to my friend they had a first rights of refusal clause or something in the contract. In other words although my friend officially owns him at the moment when she decided that he wasn't going to fit in in her house (he was being out dogged there) and decided to place him she had to offer him back to the breeder first.

She did attempt to contact the breeder when she first asked me to foster him but she was still waiting for his papers from the breeder (she bought him last august and got his papers in January or so) and the breeder never contacted her until she saw her at the dog show on Friday.

In other words it's one big mess.
    Oh no. Wow. You have all my good thoughts and prayers. Fight as hard as you can to keep him. He's a cutie.

Ok! I sort of understand I think?
    Not sure if Tama was sold as a show prospect or
    as a pet. (this could be a difference in the contract)
    Some breeders will have a clause
    in their contract that if the buyer for some reason
    can no longer care/or keep their dog, the
    breeder has first rights to that puppy and can
    buy it back. (this is actually a good clause)
    Not sure of course in Tama's case, but since he has been neutered, I am sure the breeder would just want to make sure that he goes to a good home.
    I will keep my fingers crossed that the breeder just wants
    to make sure Tama gets a good home and can stay with you.
    Last edited by KYS; 08-02-2003 at 11:15 PM.

----<---<--<{(@