Thread: Gas

Gas

Chloe has been having some...er...smelly problems lately, and it is really disgusting. I mean, the occasional one is fine, but that's not what's going on right now. She hasn't eaten anything out of the ordinary, so I don't know what the problem could be. Any tips on what to do? Or I have heard that some foods can help calm a dog's stomach down. Does anyone know what these foods are? Thanks!
    -Amanda
    -Amanda-
    Fur Mommy to Chloe, Clara, Dozer, and Max!

And mommy to my two little angels in heaven Scooter (1-07-04) and Dexter (1-13-04)

Can't answer your question but I can relate...Callihan and Mitchell can clear a room!

Re: Gas

Check out the dog catalogs or your Pet Shop.
    They have gas chewable tablets for dogs on the market.
    I use Gas-Aid for my pups.
    I know that dry toast or a buscuit is is ok, but
    that's when they have a soft stool.

bnormal, my dogs can clear out a room too. hehehe

----<---<--<{(@

KYS, but dobes don't have any kind of filter in place...

Angus is also one who can "clear a room"

We've found that yogurt works really well because of the live active cultures in it.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Of my three, Riley is the one who can clear the room--whew!!!

I have found that certain treats do it to him, so I just don't give those to him any more.

My mom has a dal who used to get really bad gas from rawhide--does Chloe chew on rawhide??
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

LOUD Louie used to get "The Stinkies" when he was a pup but a simple Food change cured that....

Funny story ~ When I was young we had a Bassett Hound, Archibald {RB}(Archie). Archie lived to be about 18 years old, we lived in a Studio Apartment... you could go to the bathroom, cook dinner AND answer the front door at the same time.
    My Mother had the Jehovah's Witnesses in for a Bible study once and well, Archie "Cleared" that room in mere seconds!!! Good Boy Archie!!!

Sometimes Ringo will be resting on my shoulder, and I smell something gross, yep it's Ringo and he has to make it silent so I find out the hard way not to mention that his little rump is right next to my face.He so loves me
    Don't Delay Neuter or Spay!! Ringo Rocks!

I wish I knew what can cure it as well!! I feed both of my pups the same food, and the same treats, but Buddy is the only one with deadly gas that can clear a room (or the house sometimes!)

~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Originally posted by anna_66
    Angus is also one who can "clear a room"

We've found that yogurt works really well because of the live active cultures in it.
    Same with Rosie. We also use yogurt. Works very well.

I use yogurt, too. Bear would send me under the blankets every night with his gas.

It helps with BO and mouth odors too. All of my dogs get a spoonful stirred into their kibble every night. Big dog, big spoonfu, small dog, small spoonful. The vet said it was OK for Bear, even with his diabetes.

Mary

Bigger than our tree Times as the past

Once we had a dog, but it was hard to take care of. I was happy to had a dog....But one day our dog gave us a present in the living room that was hard to wash of. I was really mad!!!

Home cooked diets can help with gas problems, but I know that people using dog food are hard to convert lol.

I agree with trying the yogurt.

Some friends of mine have a boxer who farts ALL THE TIME. lol. It's terrible. She mostly does it when she's happy, like in the car, so the windows in the car are always down.
    I've been BOO'd!

Originally posted by Issaic
    Bigger than our tree Times as the past

Once we had a dog, but it was hard to take care of. I was happy to had a dog....But one day our dog gave us a present in the living room that was hard to wash of. I was really mad!!!
    I've been BOO'd!