Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sent from Tucker?

Sent from Tucker?

I've been helping out at a local rescue shelter for the past year or so, and as everyone who goes to a rescue knows...there is always at least one dog you want to take home. You have no idea how true this is...

A new dog came in a couple weeks ago, and I got the chance to meet him and take him outside yesterday. Oh...my...God, this dog is GORGEOUS. He is a 2-year old male Doberman...neutered, obviously. Not only is he great to look at, he's got such an amazing personality. My dad has been wanting a Doberman since he was a kid, so I dragged him out to the shelter this morning with my mom...lol.

They fell in love with Jazz just as quickly as I did. I just want to tell everyone that Jazz is now ours...lol.

As hard as it was to lose Tucker, it almost makes it easier having another dog around...something about those extra barks and tail wags just makes it all worthwhile. Does anyone think it was wrong to get another dog so soon? While I'm on that subject, does anyone think it was wrong just to get another dog? Obviously, we aren't trying to fill Tucker's place...besides, those are some mighty big shoes to fill. However, we have been wanting a Doberman for quite a long time...and Jazz was just too good of an opportunity to just pass up.

He gets along with the other dogs wonderfully, and Laney seems to love the idea of not being the only new furbaby in the house...who knows why, lol.

Jazz is just such a wonderful boy, and really reminds me of Tucker. He has the same happy-go-lucky attitude, and plays nonstop. He's been home for a few hours already, and he hasn't stopped running around yet...lol. He loves our big, fenced backyard...I think he's already ran Scout, Kodak, and Laney to their limits...lol. Scout and Laney are totally worn-out (they are sleeping on the couch right now, lol) and Kodak is getting pretty close to needing a 'nap.' However, Kodak and Jazz are already pretty good buddies...lol, probably because Koda is the only one that can really keep up with Jazz.

Anyway...as the subject of this post suggested, Jazz must have been sent to us by Tucker. There is no doubt in my mind...my wonderful angel keeps on giving.

I have attached a picture of Jazz, and there will definitely be more to come!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

WW! He is gorgeous!!!! I'm sure that he was sent by Tucker, he doesn't want you to feel sad any more, and he thinks Jazz will help you with that. I think it's great that you got him. I understand that you aren't replacing Tucker also. As long as you can give him a good home, and the others like him, I think you did what's best for you I love dobies also, my aunt in Louisiana is trying to get us to take theirs, Red Dog So, congratulations, and I can't wait to see more pictures!!!!!
    Dayna, Alex, Phoebe, Cleo, Rolo, Scooter, & Holly

Thank you so much Popcornbird!

He is beautiful.

Have you ever read the book "The Last Will and Testament of an Extremely Distinguished Dog"?. It is written by the dog to his parents. In it he says he over heard the parents talking "When Blemie dies we must never have another dog. I love him so much I could never love anothr one". Then Blemie thinks "Now I would ask her, for love of me, to 'have' another. It would be a poor tribute to my memory never to have a dog again."

Tucker has sent you a wonderful gift!

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

No, of course it's not wrong to get another dog so soon. You're not trying to replace him, this new dog makes you happy. Congratulations!

Thank you so much all... Jazz is already blushing...lol. We just found a new trick of his that is so much like Tucker's, it's scary. Whenever you ask him to lay down, he plops right onto the floor and puts his paws over his muzzle. It's adorable...Tucker always did that when we called him. A little too alike, maybe? lol.

Have you ever read the book "The Last Will and Testament of an Extremely Distinguished Dog"?. It is written by the dog to his parents. In it he says he over heard the parents talking "When Blemie dies we must never have another dog. I love him so much I could never love anothr one". Then Blemie thinks "Now I would ask her, for love of me, to 'have' another. It would be a poor tribute to my memory never to have a dog again."
    Thank you so much for posting that...it has made me feel a thousand times better. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm going to have to go out and get that book...

He is very gorgeous! And no I don't think it was wrong to get another dog so soon.
    "Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"

ADORABLE!!

MORE PICS PLEASE

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Oh man .... yes yes yes, Jazz was sent by Tucker!!!
    (I am crying right now)

For him to put his paws on his muzzle like Tucker did too....... oh yes, how wonderful!

Tucker sent Jazz to you!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

AHH! What a Beau! Where is bnormal to see this handsome boy!

Originally posted by iceyshiver21
    Where is bnormal to see this handsome boy!
    That's exactly what I was gonna say! He's absolutely stunning. I'm headed to his picture thread right now.

Um, Isn't that Veegan's Friend's Dobie named Jiminy??

Jiminy's thread: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...threadid=24081
    Last edited by Kfamr; 08-01-2003 at 04:44 PM.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

hmm...Same collor and choke..same color...interesting..

Originally posted by iceyshiver21
    hmm...Same collor and choke..same color...interesting..
    Same dog-Same picture
    Jiminy

Jazz

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

This is so disheartening
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

HDASHDKLSHADKLSHDS OMG HOW DARE YOU DO THIS! LIAR!! I AM SO LIVID!!! IM SHAKING WITH ANGER!!! I cannot believe someone would do something like this!!! And write this huge long elaborate story!!! GRRRRR Okay first of all! JIMINY (NOT JAZZ) is only like a year and a few months in that photo, hes not even a year and half yet in REAL LIFE. JHDKASLJD:AS AND hes not from an animal shelter, my friend got him from a breeder. He cost $1000! She takes a lot of pride in her dog, and she does a LOT for him. She has trained him so well and of couse is still working with him, and she is so good to him, takes amazing care of him, he gets tons of exercise and is in excellent shape. And he doesnt do that paw on the face thing either! That is just NOT HIM! I mean not that any of that matters, I just cannot even.. express in words how WRONG this is. Im just trying to give you an idea of how much this dog means to all who know him, he is such a special dog, he is so much fun to be with and watch him play, and just, OMG. This just INFURIATES ME TO NO END!!! I love Jimmy to death and this is just sickening!
    R.I.P. Pidge & Charlie <3

Margaret (the biped)
    Oliver & Sahkmet (the buns)
    Brock & Alki (the poops)
    Felix & Linus (the mews)

"A dog's mind is a terrible thing to waste."

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." -Edward Hoagland