Thread: My new baby is coming along quickly

My new baby is coming along quickly

I've had Scout for just over two weeks. I haven't officially adopted her because we are still in the trial period but things are going great. She's been out in the house with Ripley and Jazz for a week now and they are all getting along great. The first few days she would hiss and growl, especially at Jazz but now they are playing and hanging out together. I haven't seen them grooming each other or sleeping together but I feel that is soon to come. I think Scout also respects that Ripley is older and doesn't want to play or be bothered so there have been no issues with them either.

My only concern is our litter box set up. We keep the boxes in a room in the garage that the cats access through a pet door in the laundry room. Ripley and Jazz have always used that with no problems but Scout has to be encouraged through to the room. She will use the boxes and then comes back in with no problem but it is like she forgets where she needs to go to get out. As far as I can tell she has had no accidents but I usually watch her and show her where to go several times a day. My husband will not let me officially adopt her until we see her going on her own for a few days. I really don't think it will be a problem.

I'm just so pleased with how well they are all adusting. It certainly wasn't like that when I brought Jazz in to meet Ripley last year.

Here are Jazz and Scout waiting for some cat grass.

Here they are playing on the cat tree

Jazzcat

Cats are pretty smart creatures. Sounds like Scout has you trained to hold the door open for her.

Try not doing this for a day and just keeping an eye on her to see if she can get through the flap on her own.

Black and orange sure go great together!!!

Glad she's doing so well.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Originally posted by catland
    Cats are pretty smart creatures. Sounds like Scout has you trained to hold the door open for her.

Try not doing this for a day and just keeping an eye on her to see if she can get through the flap on her own.
    I agree. Unfortunately cats are very good at training us, when we think it's us who is training them.

Sounds like everything will go ok, though, and then the adoption would be official! Congratulations!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl