Thread: Clover....The Shining

Clover....The Shining

Good Morning, sweet Clover! Your Mom sure wasn't kidding when she described your beautiful, glossy coat!! Although I've always had yellows, I have to admit, you black Labbies have it all over the others when it comes to shiny, silky coats! Is that one of your famous "splits" I see in your photo?? And like Labs all over the world, that tails never stops spinning, that tongue never stops licking, those buttskies never stop wiggling () and the joy, love and laughter you bring to your family knows no bounds! Your family is so proud of their very beautiful, very talented, very lovingl girl and rightfully so! Congratulations to you beautiful Clover, Dog of the Day! Have a very happy Labbie day celebrating your well earned day of honor! Love and kisses and slurpy licks to you sweet Clover!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Clover you are so beautiful!!! LOVE that shiny coat! Enjoy your day, sweetie......
    Christine; Proudly owned by Honey, Licky and Mee Mee
    Mommy to Tyler! 1/13/04

Clover, you are the picture of Lab perfection! You are so beautiful. I can just imagine how soft your coat is. You sound like a very unique dog with all your little quirks. I'm sure that's why you are loved so very much. Congrats on being our DOTD.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Wow what a beauty! had to put my sunglasses on-that shine!!! And 8:00 beddy bye time? Children should be so good! Congrats on DOTD
    Artists and dogs are not meant to be understood;merely adored!!!

Clover!!!!! I think I could see my reflection in your shiny coat if you were here!!! What a perfect specimen of a perfect Black Lab you are!!! I'm in love and my Golden/Yellow girls are very envious!!!!

Congratulations to "The Shining" on being a terrific Dog of the Day!!!

Clover, you are a doll! Your shiny black fur is the glossiest I've seen. My Oreo would love to join you for a play, a wiggle, and of course a licky kiss. She, too, likes an early bedtime--it must be all that labbie playfullness that wears you girls out during the day!

Congratulations, sweet Clover!
    Oreo and Molly

Blog Entries

Shimmering Clover

Mew, WoW! do you have the most shimmering fur I've ever seen! My KatMa wants to know what special fur treatment you get so you actually shine & shimmer this way! She wants some for her hair and my fur...

Not a wonder 8:00 p.m. finds you fast asleep. After all the running [50 mph!!], multiple coffe table laps, tail wagging, plus the doggy kisses you deliver each day, you do need your sleep.

Beautiful Clover, I'm sending you lots of kitty kisses, head bumps, nose twinkies, mews and mewls, and fancy figure 8's...have a wonderful day being our gorgeous DOTD, and DO celebrate with your fur~sons. My KatMa sends you tons & bunches of kisses and hugs. You are, as your fur~son says, "ridiculously" special which means you have earned *four paws up* ie, five stars!

Live long, healthy, happy, and loved sweet Clover.

Felix (Maine Coon Cat) & Norman (Marbled Bengal Tabby Cat)

KatMa says:
    "Angels are sent to purrsons, dressed up as Cats" and
    ~Life without Cats is NOT a life at all!~
    Original cat quotations(c)Susan Elizabeth Dykhuis

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit -Kahlil Gibran

Sasha the Queen Calico
    b. 8 May 1994 - d. 29 August 2005

Our most purrecious little girl, we love you fur~ever.

Bobby the Dog, cats Tiggy [TBCU], Princess and Paddy-Paws, and Chucky the Dog are showing you the ropes at RB. Kisses and hugs to all of our darlings from your KatMa & Paw-Paw.

Calico Cat Atavar by: Glenda Moore

Clover you are a very beautiful dog!

What's your mommy feeding you for you to have that shinny coat?

Congratulations on being DOTD!!

Lisa, Max and Spike

Oh boy, Im in love again!!! Beautiful, sweet, innocent looking Clover. She is a gorgeous lab, very formal with her shiny coat. I'll bet she could sweet talk anyone out of anything. Precious little girl!!!

OH my, that beautiful black coat is to die for!! What a shiny happy puppy!! YEAH CLOVER!!!

Clover, you are beautiful.......Congratulations on your coronation today. I think you would've loved meeting a
    Black Lab (Ben) I used to care for and play with.

Ben was large, as handsome as a Lab can be, muscular, and his sole reason for existence - if you asked him - was to swim and chase.

We'd go to one of the parks that border the Seattle waterfront with Ben's favourite tennis balls (definition: Ben's favourite tennis balls were ANY AND ALL tennis balls.)
    I'd bring a tennis racket, stand by the shore, and hit them out as far as I could...and do so for an hour, til my arm was about to fall off.
    Ben never tired.

One time we were there - by accident - without any tennis balls or the racket. Ben sat by the water's edge, looking out across the strait, searching for a bobbing ball for him to retrieve.
    Then he saw a freighter, miles out, and decided - in his playful doggie mind - that the ship was filled with millions of tennis balls.
    Luckily, Ben was still on leash and I held him back.

But Ben was too strong for me and he
    did take off and dragged me into the water with him.
    There was no way to stop him; he'd drag me til he tired, if ever.
    I held on, pulled along by him, watersurfing on my back.
    This went on for hours.

Ben swimmed by ferries and safety buoys, past a pod of orcas, a fleet of diving pelicans, a family of leaping dolphins, still headed out towards the freighter.
    I'd maneuvered myself so I could stay on my back, with the leash around both shoulders. It was quite comfortable and, after awhile, I fell asleep.
    When I did awaken, Ben had dragged me up on a small island's beach, near where a weathered pleasure craft had broken down some time before.

Ben was resting in the shade of a group of areca palm trees, getting his strength up for another try for the freighter, now a tiny dot heading westward towards Asia. I quickly got out of my leash-harness, still attached to Ben, and tied it tightly to one of the trees so he couldn't escape.
    I found some fresh fruit and berries to eat and caught a few birds for Ben, then examined the boat to see how badly it was damaged.
    I was down working on the boat's internal housing mechanism when I heard voices calling to me from outside on the beach.
    It was a man and a woman.

"Hi," said the guy, "I'm the Professor."
    "And I'm Mary Jane," the woman said.

I climbed down from the boat just as another guy appeared - a very goofy-looking guy - who untied Ben from the tree and, you guessed it...Ben took off again on his quest, dragging the guy down the beach towards the water's edge.
    But as Ben dived into the waves, dragging his cargo behind him, the most amazing thing happened. Instead of
    (O, excuse me...my cell phone. B back in a few with the rest of the tale.)

/////Knate

Congratulations Clover on being Dog of the Day!!!

You have such a shinny black coat! I love it! Enjoy your special day and maybe you will stay up a bit later tonight to celebrate!!

Good Afternoon Clover, yes you def are the shining. What a beautiful girl you are, I am very partial to black dogs. My goodness you are quite the athlete too. CONGRATULATIONS, dear sweet Clover Our Very Best Dog of the Day.
    Jackie, Perry and Miss Daisy

Good evening Clover! Oh yes, your coat is very shiny! You sound like quite a character, and quite an athlete. And your mom says that you are a cuddle-bun just like my pug Otis! It sounds as if you are loved in your family, and you love them back. Congratulations on being dog of the day sweet, Clover!
    From,
    Emma, Digger, Chubby, Otis, Prince, and Nelly

Beautiful!