View Poll Results: On a 4-Gaited Horse, What's the fastest you've ridden?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • I've never be on a Horse

3 14.29%
  • Only a Walk

0 0%
  • A Trot

4 19.05%
  • A Canter

5 23.81%
  • A Gallop

9 42.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What kind of Riding Have You Done?

What kind of Riding Have You Done?

The fastest I've been on a horse is a canter. I am proud of this because I've only ridden a horse a few times because I my parents don't care for them. What gait have you ridden?

i've been riding for years, the fastest i've done is a hand-gallop.

*heres me 'hand-galloping' after a jump. (sorry the pic is alittle dark)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

I race horses (barrel racing), so I run flat-out I love going fast
    Dayna, Alex, Phoebe, Cleo, Rolo, Scooter, & Holly

Thank you so much Popcornbird!

I only riden my first horse last weekend and my but hurt for a week lol. I went on a 2 hour trail ride with my dad and brother and I got a really weired horse lol its hair was ugly and it was a puke brown color and he always farted and peed lol. it was an adventure all right. he had his nose up the other horses but the WHOLE time lol he always wanted to go fast when the trail riders were all being very slow, so he would troit. (sp?) it was fun though, but it hurt alot!!! I want a horse now that I have ridden my first .
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

i ride english style at the stables, but i have also ridden western there too. i love riding, too bad that i can only ride every 2 weeks!
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

~Kari~

I would LUV to take lessons, but my parents don't like horses, so I guess I'll have to wait until I'm older.

how much older. i would hate to have to wait.

*my dad wouldn't tell me where we were going a couple days after my 10th birthday. i didn't realize i was having lessons until i actually saw the horses. i still remember the feeling i got.

also the first horse i was attracted to was MYSTIC!!! after afew years and alot of hard work, i am now able to ride him easily. he is my baby.

*heres a pic of me on Mystic. in the background are my 2 lil' sisters; on Joey the palomino Shetland Pony, behind him is Shannon the mare. (here breeding is unknown to me)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

~Kari~

I'll probley have to wait until I'm an adult, meaning MANY years! lol

what about just until ur 16 or until u have ur lisence. that way u can drive yourself. also it wouldn't hurt to have a job, so u can pay for it. that way ur parents won't have to drive u and also they wouldn't have to pay for it. all they have to do is say YES.

~Kari~

I like your idea. It might work, but I'll have to wait a few years and find out! LOL

the fastest I have ever ridden is a trot, but riding is WAY to expensive for us, we can barly afford food for ourselves and all the animals their is no was I will ever get to take lessons. I have ridden a huge horse once, but that was is toranto and my great aunt took me, cuz she has been riding 5 days a week since she was a little girl, and she is in her 60's now , I would LOVE to get to ride every 2 weeks, but I only get to go for a trail ride once a year, thats the most I get to ride we really cant afford anything more then that
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Originally posted by Cocker*Lover
    I like your idea. It might work, but I'll have to wait a few years and find out! LOL
    well when u do, i hope it works.

~Kari~

The fastest I have ever gone was a gallop. I also did an amble on a Standardbred once.

As far as riding style I used to do English, now I do Western and bareback. I like bare the best...
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Originally posted by YellowLabLover
    As far as riding style I used to do English, now I do Western and bareback. I like bare the best...
    Really? Ouch I hate bareback. For some reason, I always seem to get the horse with the spine that sticks out the most It also makes me feel like I'm going to fall off lol.

I've gone at a gallop, but not too many times. I like to ride western the most.
    I've been BOO'd!

Originally posted by wolfsoul
    Really? Ouch I hate bareback. For some reason, I always seem to get the horse with the spine that sticks out the most It also makes me feel like I'm going to fall off lol.

I've gone at a gallop, but not too many times. I like to ride western the most.
    I like bareback the best because it takes skill. It doesn't really take that much skill to sit in a saddle, but it takes skill to ride bare. I love to be challenged, so that's why I like it a lot.

You have to feel the horse, balance with the horse, and communicate more indepth with the horse more when you are bare, which I love, because you bond really well with that horse. That's how I fell in love with Spirit:

See, Spirit was a bad pony in the saddle. He would go above and below the bit, wouldn't listen to neck reining, and would barely budge period. But by working with him bare, he stoped going above and below the bit, reined EXCELLENT- I barely even touched his neck with the reins, and moves better with the aide of a crop (which I have in picture). He won't canter with out crop aide- that's the only thing we have to work on. Through working with him, my bond with him is huge, and I love him so much.

LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb