Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: How Well Do We Know Eachother?

How Well Do We Know Eachother?

I think that the passing of Jessica has brought us all so much closer together already. Not alot of us knew Jessica very well, and I won't pass up another oppourtunity to get to know somebody so great. I don't know alot of you, so I just want to make sure that I DO know you guys, if God decides to take another one of us.
    This is how it works:
    Just tell everyone a little bit about yourself..You know?
    Stuff like your hobbies, what you like to do when you're not at work, your favorite foods, colors, pets..Maybe tell us a little bit about your pets! What is their favorite toys, foods and treats? What is their hobby? What do they like to do to get themselves in trouble? Digging, barking, chewing?
    I'll go first.

Hi. My name is Cayter J. Everyone calls me CJ, though. I am 12 years old, and I live in Arizona. I have one dog named Darlin. She is a Shih Tzu/Poodle mix, and she is 8 months old. I love to spend time with her when I have nothing else to do. On occasion, one of my parents will take me down to the local pound, where I love to spend my time giving the poor homeless dogs treats, and donating. If I can someday, I would like to try to put all of the local Puppy Mills out of buisness once and for all.
    My hobbies are basically anything to do with dogs! I love to swim, run (I do Track at school. Short distances), hike, read, watch Animal Planet, play video games, liasten to music, chat on AIM, get on the computer, collect anything doggish, and take care of Darlin'! I like to hang out with my friends, but I would much rather spend my time doing something to help animals, like going to PetCo or PetsMart and buying things to donate to the pound or any Rescue agency.
    Well that's me..There's alot more to me than that, but let's wait and see what other people post.

I think this is a very good idea....

I'm still a newbie around here. My name is Christine but most people call me Chris. I am 29 years old live in Annapolis, Maryland. I am happily married, and we just found out on 5/22/03 that I am pregnant with our first child! I have a pic of the sonogram if anyone would like to see it. Well, my hubby and I are owned by two dogs, a sheltie named Honey and a lab/mix named Licorice (Licky for short) and a very crazy cat named Mee Mee. Honey is our little piggy....she will come running at the sound of any kind of food being eaten. Licky is so into her tennis ball....I had a hard time teaching her "give me your paw" because when I would say gimme your paw she would get her ball! So I used the word shake. She also loves her blankie and will suck on it for hours until she falls asleep. She also LOVES her sister Honey....love play so good together.......Honey will lay on her back and Licky will grab her by the tail and pull her!! I'm hoping I can get a pic of that to show everyone.

We adopted Mee Mee from the SPCA in January and she has been a joy ever since. My hubby calls her our crack kitty.....she runs around the house like she is on crack. Well, some of my hobbies are spending time with my girls, cross stitching,listening to music and reading, especially anything by Stephen King. I also LOVE spending time on the internet. Well, I think that should sum up most of everything....if anyone has any questions to ask me, feel free to ask!!!!!! And I really look forward to getting to know all about everyone.........thanks for reading!
    Christine; Proudly owned by Honey, Licky and Mee Mee
    Mommy to Tyler! 1/13/04

good idea..

My name is Amber.. Everyone calls me aly because of my middle name which is lynn.. so they just said A from Amber L from lynn and Y from lynn.. So.. I have a dog and a cat.. Umm when im not on the computer im usually eating or watching tv.. Cleaning my room hanging pictures and stuff like that.. I live in Miami, Florida.. Well pembroke pines.. Cami is 9 months old and shes a Pembroke welsh corgi/ American eskimo mix... And cali is about 7 and shes a calico cat.. I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers.. My oldest sister is 24 and her name is tylene then comes my brother bobby hes 22 and then comes my sister Stephanie shes 17. And me im 13 and then theres my little brother kyle and hes almost 10... when i grow up i wanna be a vet or a vet secretary.. or to work atr a local shelter, Photographer for animals.. And is that it?? ..

Aly

Chris I would LOVE to see your Sonogram! Congratulations on the new baby!! Keep us updated!

My name is Kim Smith. I'm 26... female. I joined Pet Talk shortly after adopting Kia. Now I'm mommy to 4 wonderful pets. (Kia, Zam, Logan, and Jango)

I work for the Library at Cooley Law School as a Web Tech. When I'm not working, eating, sleeping, or playing with the "kids", I like to read and draw. My main hobby is costuming. I belong to the 501st Legion which is a worldwide Star Wars costuming club. I travel around the state and to other states for cons, charity events, ect. Kids love Star Wars and I love making kids smile. I also have other costumes including Ren Fest wear and Harry Potter.

Kia doesn't have any hobbies other than eating, sleeping, and playing. I'd like to get her involved in agility.

I've been meeting people from the internet since 1997 and I love getting to know so many different people.

Love to everyone at Pet Talk.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Would it be ok to post it here or should I PM it to you?
    Mommy to Tyler! 1/13/04

Originally posted by sheltielover
    Would it be ok to post it here or should I PM it to you?
    I'd like to see it too.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I think lots of other people wanna see so posteh!!

Ok!! I forgot to add: I told my hubby if we ever get a small dog I wanted to name it Scribbles (I just love that name!). Well ever since I told him that, he calls me scribbles. Now that I am pregnant, he calls the baby little scribbles....it's really strange, but cute.

So, here is little scribbles at 10 1/2 weeks old:

Mommy to Tyler! 1/13/04

Awww! Little Scribbles is so adorable! It's so small. My bets that it's gonna be a girl.

That is a wonderful idea.

My name is Brittany, but I MUCH rather prefer Britt. I live in Bayport, which is a small town on Long Island, in New York, USA. I am 13 years old. My favorite things to do are play video games (preferably Zelda), swim, watch horror movies, and of course spend time with my pets. I am a TV fanatic and my favorite shows are Cheers, Everybody Loves Raymond, and Frasier.

My mom's name is Alison, and she (rarely) posts as SallysSlave62 on PT. My dad's name is Tom and he also (rarely) posts on PT as Mr. Coral. I also have a 12-year-old sister named Kaitlyn.

I love all animals, especially rodents. I have four pets that I personally own: Malley (Mackarel Tabby Cat), Floppsy (Lop Rabbit), Murphy (Mongolian Gerbil), and Mack (Argenti? Gerbil) My sister has a Tuxedo Cat named Oreo, and a Dwarf Hamster named Speedy. My dad has a German Shepherd Dog named Lady, and of course my mom has her Tabby Cat, Sally. All of us basically share our pets though.

Sorry this is so long.
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

You know, my hubby had a dream that I had a girl.
    Mommy to Tyler! 1/13/04

Hello, my name is Vickie and I'm addicted to Pet Talk!!

Oh, oh, wrong meeting

I'm probably old enough to be a grandmother to you all. I turn 51 next month and I live alone with two cats, Speckles (16) and Max (10). My main goal in life is to help people and animals. Material possessions mean nothing to me.

I work full-time in the IT dept for a charitable organization - been doing it for 17 years.

What do I do in my spare time??? I'm close to my Mom so twice a month I take her shopping. I do alot of volunteer work with my local Humane Society. In fact this last weekend we had our annual dog wash and I made the front page of our local rag!! I also do alot of cat-sitting for friends.

When I grow up and retire, I'm getting a dog, and a computer at home so I can stay in touch with PT!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

My name is Brandi and I'm 16 years old. I'll be 17 this November. I have been caring for animals since the age of 4, starting out with cats and kittens. I play guitar and have played almost for two years now. I have a wonderful, loving boyfriend, I've known him for a year in August and we've been together for four months. I own 1 hamster, 3 rats, 4 dogs, 4 cats, 1 Tokay Gecko, 1 Iguana and 1 Pacman Frog... 8 of them being rescues. I live in Saint Louis, Missouri. I have an older brother, who is 18. I love music and am currently obsessed with Marilyn Manson's new CD. I left a good friend back in Georgia, Christopher. We've been friends for 4 years now. I like to aggressive inline skate and snowboard. I love adrenaline rushes. My favorite TV show is That 70's Show. I play a wide variety of songs on the guitar, from Guns N Roses to The Calling to Metallica to Blink 182 to Marilyn Manson to Disturbed. (Many, many more, too.) I know I can be a real irritant on here and I'm sorry you guys.

I gtg.

Later.

Amber

Hi, My name is Amber. Im 13 years old and Im from SM, Ohio.

I have 1 older brother. He is 16. I have 3 wonderful pets. Katie is 7 years old. She is a schnauzer mix. Maggie my cat is about 9 months old. She is a maine coon mix. Then theres Gracie. She is a dwarf hamster. My birthday is March. 6, 1990. In my spare time im either eating, outside, watching t.v., or playing with my pets. And when I grow up Im going to be a Animal cop.