View Poll Results: What type of Animal Shelter do you think is better?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • having the animal live life to the fullest!

24 92.31%
  • put the animal down if no one wants it!

1 3.85%
  • half and half

1 3.85%

Thread: What do you think is better?

What do you think is better?

What type of Animal Shelter do you think is better? The ones that put the animal to sleep if they don't get a home in a certain amount of time, or the ones that keep the animals until their time is done (until they die on their own)? I personally think that the ones that dont put an animal down just because the right person hadnt shown up. But I'm not against other shelters that do, well, not all the way. Tell me what you think. Please.

RIP Stormy
    RIP Sky

good poll! i think i would definitly say the no kill shelters because you are giving a dog a chance.. If that dog doesnt get his "full" chance then whats the point of putting it in the shelter to begin with?Well you guys know what i mean.. So i say NO KILL SHELTERS!! lol

Amber

I wonder what everyone here at PetTalk will vote?

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

what do u mean?

Originally posted by CamCamPup33
    what do u mean?
    Think they are referring to this being a very biased audience.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

Originally posted by Fuzzy317
    Think they are referring to this being a very biased audience.
    Just a bit.

having the animal live life to the fullest! 8 100.00%
    put the animal down if no one wants it! 0 0%
    half and half 0 0%

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

All shelters should be NO KILL SHELTERS.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

NO KILL SHELTERS definately!

but i was wondering... wont a no kill shelter run out of room to take in more animals and then the animals that cant be taken be put to sleep anyways?

my brother just thought of this ^^^^

Very difficult to answer! if the world would be perfect we wouldn't need shelters;but it isn't -I know it isn't easy to see animals put down simply because they don't have a home-but zero population growth will take time and no kill shelters are in dire need of funding due to overcrowding. There needs to be an easier method of spaying and neutering-Purdue University is working on it right now. So maybe soon there won't need to be shelters-wouldn't that be great?!!
    Artists and dogs are not meant to be understood;merely adored!!!

I'm really not too sure how to vote because I have mixed opinions. While I LOVE no-kill shelters they also have their problems. Sometimes no kill shelters are too full to take in other animals, they often have to turn away pets just because they no longer have the room. However even shelters that do put animals down still occasionally have to turn away animals just because there is no more room for them. So I don't really know how to vote.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

All animals should be able to live life the fullest. EVEN if they are aggressive. There are shelters out there where even the "worst" pet can get a full happy life with plenty of love. I don't think an animal should be put down unless they are in pain.

There are few people that I'd like to put out of their misery though. hehe.

I voted for the first one. I love no-kill shelters, I think they're much better than the other kind that puts down the animals. Its just that they get too many animals for their shelter. Some organizations don't even have a shelter, so they get people to foster. I'm always wondering how they could get so many foster homes for all their animals. Well, they're always in need of foster homes, once it even had the whole front page that said something like Foster Homes Urgently Needed! I feel sad about that, since I can't do anything to help(I'm not allowed to foster).

But I like no-kill shelters. Before the summer, I was looking for shelters to volunteer at, and whenever I see that its a no-kill shelter, I feel much better and woud pick that than the kill shelters.
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

i wanted to volunteer at my local SPCA but im not sure that i could handle it if an animal was put down while i was volunteering. when i get older i will have lots of land and i will have a no-kill animal shelter. i [B]wont[B] run out of room. i might even do as some of you guys have mentioned (foster parents), i might put an ad in the paper or something for those people who want to adopt a pet from my no-kill shelter but aren't sure how well the animal will do in their home, they can take it home for as long as they want and if they like the animal they can adopt it. i will have different types of animals (any animal that needs a no-kill shelter to come to). it doesnt matter of their size or shape (ex: horses, bears, birds, penguins, exzotic animals, house pets, ect.).

RIP Stormy
    RIP Sky

i like the no kill because more animals get a chance at life and they will make the people that adopt them very happy.
    ~Your best friend doesn't have to be human~