Thread: Ok finally, new pics of Fred, Lucy, Geicko and some others :)

Ok finally, new pics of Fred, Lucy, Geicko, my newest rescue rats, and new breeders

Here is Fred. I don't think I have posted pics of him for about a year or so, but enjoy. He's a wild house mouse, who was "captured" by Miss Cheetah. You would never know he was wild besides by his coloring. He has truly changed my mind about mice. He's just the sweetest little guy.

Cleaning himself.

Geicko, my white spot gecko. What a darling!

More tomorrow
    Last edited by luckies4me; 07-23-2003 at 09:59 AM.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

What cuties! *slips Geicko into her pocket and runs*

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Originally posted by WolfChan
    What cuties! *slips Geicko into her pocket and runs*

LOL he is so cute, isn't he?

He was a rescue too, from Scamps, grr. He was stuck to a glue pad and we had to unstick him. He's rather tame for a gecko.

I have finally transitioned him from a small, yucky Kritter Keeper to a tank..........only took about two years to do. Every time I would put him in a tank (for more room) he would stop eating. I tried everything, plants, more hidey areas, more food. Nope, he wouldn't eat and he wouldn't move. But alas, I have FINALLY done it!

He was moved into the aquarium about 2 weeks ago, and is eating, and eating a lot too. I am so happy that he finally got used to more room and is now looking a lot healthier and happier. We've also recently added new insects to his diet, such as waxworms (very cute worms by the way, sorta like giant maggots, but cuter lol) and the waxworm moths, and insects we catch outside. He only get the wild moths, not wild crickets or anything. But he's doing great.

I just bought him a new wood hidey area thing but so far he hasn't taken a liking to it yet.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Ok time for rat pics now

I took in 5 rescue rats about 3 weeks or so ago, and will post pics of them soon, but first I wanted to show off my new breeding rats. They come from Purple Cloud Rattery in Eugene Oregon, from my friend Dana. Here are some pics:

Here are my newest blue bucks. The one on the right is Andy, an American blue blazed dumbo berkshire, and on the left is (un-named) a platinum blazed banded dumbo, genetically a red eyed blue. He is on loan, but is still a little too young to breed. So he is not a perminent resident, just staying here for awhile. His great grandfather did once produce megacolon, so I have to breed him to a self to be extra careful. If no megacolon is produced then I would feel more comfortable down the line breeding more high white rats into the line.

Andy is only three months and is already such a big boy. I am really going to need to watch his weight, as he seems like the type to be very squishy.

Here is Andy again, having fun exploring the top of the entertainment center. He is going to be a great assest to my lines as I will be breeding him to my self Russian Blue dumbo, for a litter of babies that carry both blues, in order to work on Russian Silvers- genetically both blues and very pretty.

And here is Akita. She is a dumbo blazed berkshire lilac agouti, and a cute girl at that. She has amazing type, a really nice body. However, her ears are not perfect. She's such a sweet little girl too.

More to come....
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

OMG how cool is Geicko? i LOVE his feet! lol he is sooo pretty and his coloring is sooo cool! lol thanks for sharing the pics!

I love his feet too. I tried to take one of the underside of them, they look like mini blinds lol.

Here is another pic of my other new ratty, she is a dumbo (obviously) blue point siamese. She lacks points on her feet but I think I can fix that by breeding her to a great self. She has perfect ears, and my main focus on type this year is to perfect my ears. So we will see what happens. Plus she will help me get my blue/Russian Blue/Russian silver point siamese line off to a great start.

And finally my last new boy. He is a silver fawn blazed variegated dumbo. I am unsure as to where exactly he is going to fit into my lines, but so far he is just a pet.

His eyes look kinda freaky in this pic. OH ya, his name is Jexter.

And here is Lucy:

Still more to come, in just a little bit.
    Last edited by luckies4me; 07-23-2003 at 10:41 AM.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Ok here is another pic of AKita. You can see her markings more in this pic. She is genetically a variegated, but it looks like she wanted to be a hooded too, lol. She is also Jexters sister.

Here is the platinum buck again.

Speedy.

Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

aww cute pics thanks for sharing.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

You're very welcome
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major