Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 new rescues....

3 new rescues....

I received a phone call from another young woman who has a similar set-up as mine in her home. She currently is housing around 40 cats. She has taken in two litters of tiny kittens this past week and is bursting at the seams. She phoned me last night to see if there was any way I could help a desperate lady out. This lady was about to be evicted from her apartment for caring for some kittens who were born in her complex. She had 5 of them, 4 siblings and one younger one which she had found IN A DUMPSTER!!!! I told her that could not take them all but I would take in 3 of them. I took two of the male siblings and the little dumpster kitty.

Dumpster kitten ... "Gunther"

Meezer boy ... "Landon"

Very unusally gorgeous boy whom the lady thought had Ragdoll father... he has a light colored "ring around the collar" ...hehe...

Meet "Winston"

DEBBIE.... what about WINSTON?????? (T&P's mom)

Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Kim they are all so sweet! Thank you for taking them in!
    I really love the Meezer boy, I bet Rosethecopycat will love him too!
    Winston does look cool, he would look nice hanging out with big brother Tubby and big sister Peanut.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Uh, oh another absolutley irresistable bunch of kittens.

Oh, I love them all! Little Gunther especially has entirely stolen my heart!

Oh, Kim !!! They are so sweet. Thank you for finding room for them.

How cute!

Oh Kim, how sweet of you to take in these little ones! Gosh, they are so darn cute. You have a heart of gold.

SAS

They are adorable! I would love to be able to foster kittens. I don't think I would be able to let them go.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

Kim, they are adorable! Thank you for taking them in.

Chris

Irresistable! What would all these babies do without you?
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Re: 3 new rescues....

Originally posted by kimlovescats
    DEBBIE.... what about WINSTON?????? (T&P's mom)
    You must have been reading my mind, Kim. I was wishing/hoping I could try talking Terry into Winston when I first scrolled to his pic - before I even scrolled down and saw what you wrote?

Unfortunately I just don't think there's any hope. We had the opportunity to take in another cat - an older adult that is now an office cat because they got two new...some sort of wild breed...at home and the new ones were beating up on the older one. It's at a customer of Terry's and the customer wanted Terry to take the cat home. He said he was "this close" but in the end said no. Then there was the kitten that was chasing a butterfly in the middle of a country road that Terry just happened to be driving down. Thankfully it was Terry that came along and he stopped and didn't run over the little thing. Again he said he was "this close" to getting out and putting it in the car and bringing it home, but again he didn't and the kitten ran off into the ditch after the butterfly. I told him he should have gotten that one and I would have found a shelter or home for it because it might not have much of a chance if it's chasing butterflies into the road.

So anyway, after that long disertation, I don't think I have a chance of getting another cat until the dreaded day when either T or P are no longer around.

But the kittens sure are cutie pies, and I sure hope you can find homes for them - or are you going to keep these also? I think Terry needs just a tiny smidgeon of your husband's understanding when it comes to cats.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Hi Kim,

Don't forget you can contact Siameserescue.org for any Meezers you come across. They can take them into rescue and place them. And that would free up a place in your house or eliviate over crowding.

All three are adorable.

Thanks for your kind heart.

Thank you Rose, I'll keep that in mind! My daughter's BF wants the meezer, but not sure his parent's agree.
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

What precious babies. Thank you Kim for taking them in.
    Steffi and Lovable

Kim, bless you for taking in these precious babies. They are all so adorable. to the person who could put that adorable little Gunther in a dumpster.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Oh, they are just so beautiful. People who dump animals in a dumpster make me so angry My Smokey is a dumpster kitty. Of course he is the love of my life and I'm glad that I have him.

I love Gunther (name suits him). I love Landon's Meezerness. If I lived closer to you I would tell you to drop Winston on my back deck.....that is the only way I can take in another cat.....someone would have to leave him at my back door, that way I could say to my husband....."Look, he just showed up! How can you turn your back on this little angel?"

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08