Thread: Frog peeing, ANY suggestions would be so greatly appreciated!!!!

Frog peeing, ANY suggestions would be so greatly appreciated!!!!

I recently, about a month ago, adopted a Pacman Frog. When I first got him, I could hold him, no problem. But more recently, he decides he wants to pee ALL over me. Not more than two minutes ago, I just held him and peed on me, not once, but twice and the second time ALL OVER MY CLOTHES. Now, this dude's a baby.

Would any of you frog owners know why he's doing this?

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

When I use to catch frogs most of them peed on me cause they were scared. Maybe ur picking him up too fast thinking hes use to u? Keep a radio on near his cage, it should calk him down. I did that for my tree frogs & all my snakes, & it worked great

I know NOTHING about frog behavior, but I will search the net and see what I find.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Originally posted by kingrattus
    When I use to catch frogs most of them peed on me cause they were scared. Maybe ur picking him up too fast thinking hes use to u? Keep a radio on near his cage, it should calk him down. I did that for my tree frogs & all my snakes, & it worked great
    Thanks for responding, kingrattus and aly.

kingrattus, thank you for the idea. I will definitely do that tomorrow morning.

aly, thanks a bunch!!!

My son's snake will pee on us when we grab him too fast. I think it's just a reaction to fear, or maybe to fast movement. If we pick the snake up slowly, and keep him near our bodies, he doesn't pee.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

& don't play harsh music, play oldies type music. I put on Abba, & it did the trick. If u put on harsh music it'll vibrate him too much & he may become ill, stop eating, or even die. & don't play it too loud, same reasons as the vibrations. hmmm pretend ur trying to put a baby to sleep with soft quiet music & poof there ya go
    & if u use CDs change them on a daily bases, u don't want him to get too use to the same noises, u want him to get use to many different noises. Make sure there is no music at night, he'll need his beauty sleep

Hello

Most Any Species Will Read your EYES They Can sense all sorts of Vibes from you , i had frogs that peed all the time lizards to, basically its when there Startled or JUST have To PIss lol The Most Problems I have with my Frogs Are Catchin them Once i Let them out lol, thats just the Green Tree frogs mostly Once i lost a Gliding frog for 2 days then found it on my Closet door..Seemed like he was Enjoying Himself. Mostly Just getting Comfortable with them is all it takes...

Number9

Number9, welcome to Pet Talk! We're glad to have you here. Hopefully you'll stick around this wonderful place.

lol, I don't think I'll have a problem with Hopper getting lost, he's too slooooowwwww. lol. I always take him out of his cage slowly to avoid startling him, so I guess it just makes it better for him to piss on ME. lol.

Your Gliding frog that you have/had sounds too cute... on the closet door enjoying himself, lol!

*And thank you for your response.