Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ti is going to a new home tomorrow

Ti is not yet going to a new home....but soon will be..

I just now got off the phone with the original breeder, someone I have learned to distrust, at best. She was horrified about Miley having so many puncture wounds and agreed to take Ti back. At least he will know the people he will be going to and the new home is a to "a friend" of the breeder's....whatever......

The breeder did say that she would give me a little Aby girl kitten in exchange, but that I will believe when I see it. I am not after another kitten, I just want Ti to move on. He had his chance here at Camp Vermont and he blew it!

Tomorrow I should know more of the details as to when we will meet etc. I cannot wait. I will miss Ti Ti, but he has also brought a great deal of heart ache to a household already maxed out with heart ache, having lost Gabe and Grammy Crackers.

I have tears running down my face as I type this. I do care so for Ti, but he is just not meant to be with us here. I suppose Robyn felt the same way about Gabe. I am sure her heart was broken, having to give Gabe away. So Gabe broke two hearts!

CATS! They are our children in many ways!
    Last edited by sasvermont; 07-21-2003 at 07:13 PM.

I'm both so sorry and happy to hear about Ti. I can only imagine how hard this must be for you, I know you love Ti so much. But now Miley will be much happier and she will once again feel safe in her home. Give Ti some head bumpies for me and let him know that he will not only be missed in your home but here at Pet Talk too.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

You gave Ti every chance, and he'll be going right to a new home where he'll hopefully fit in better and be a sweet happy boy. And Miley girl can start feeling safe again. It really does sound like the best solution, even though it's a hard decision to make. Miley getting bitten would have been the last straw for me, too.

And if the breeder does give you an Aby kitten, Juni would have a playmate.

*HUGS*

Ti is going to be o.k.... you have to do what is best for everybody. Sorry it had to end up this way....

now Miley girl can get back to being her old self again...

hugs for you and the kitties
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

You made the right, but painful, decision, SAS. You tried, Miley tried, Juni was to be the peacemaker, and I am sure Ti tried, in his own way. Who knows why the animosity was there. You aren't being fair to anyone if Ti stays. What sort of life would it be for any of you? An awful one.

Love to Ti as he starts his new journey, it will bring him peace, too. Hugs to Miley, Juni and you as you re-adjust.

I feel so relieved for Miley's sake and so heartbroken for yours. Giving up a beloved pet, even under circumstances such as these, is HARD!
    {{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

SAS.

You have been patient beyond anything that is expected when introducing cats. Personally I couldn't have tried as hard as you have and still have remained sane.

May Miley girl quickly bounce back to normal with young Juni Rose and your household return to a peaceful calm place, with ALL doors open.

My only concern, is letting that breeder rehome Ti.

Do you think she'll find him a suitable home, rather than have him PTS or dropped of at the nearest kill shelter ? I don't mean to worry you but from what you said she doesn't seem to be the type to be trusted.

I'm sure you can make sure this new home with a 'friend' exists and is suitable for Ti. Maybe you could deliver him yourself to his new home ? Just to set your mind at rest.

I know Ti Ti has to leave but we all want a suitable furever home for him too.

He's just too pretty, I am sure she will find him a good home.

"You gave Ti every chance"

"but he has also brought a great deal of heart ache to a household"

He is a cat, after all, and not able to reason. Perhaps, it would be better to be a single cat household. Hopefully, poor Ti will go to a good home.

I am so very sorry. I know this is difficult for you but you tried your very best to make him a good fit for your house. You did everything possible, it was just not meant to be. Deep down inside I am relieved for Miley. I felt terrible for her, especially when you talked about her resting her sad head in your hand. That just broke my heart so much that I cried She will be so greatful for that decision. I wish the gorgeous Ti a wonderful future in his forever home, and I hope Miley can start to feel more at peace. I am sure Ti will find a good home.

Hugs from Leslie and her furgang.

Sas,

As heartbreaking as the decision is, everyone here is right, you gave Ti every chance in the world. I think you went far beyond what others would have done and are to be commended for your willingness to give Ti the benefit of the doubt. It just was not meant to be. At least the breeder found Ti another home. Maybe now your house and everyone in it can heal from all the trauma Ti has caused. As my Dad always told me, "Nature can be cruel".

((((((((hugs)))))))))

Donna and her fur (and non-fur) kids

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I'm sorry Ti didn't work out for you.
    You have given him his fair share of time and have gone out of your way to try to help he and Miley adjust. It just wasn't meant to be, for your house, but I'm sure he will find the right situation somewhere and maybe there is another cat out there meant for your house, when the time is right.

SAS, you put up with the stress much longer than most people would! You can't feel responsible for what just wasn't intended to be a working relationship! Ti will find a new home where he can rule the roost, and Camp Vermont will once again be housed with "happy campers"! HUGS!

Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

From everything that I had read about this on going problem you were having with Ti, you have made the right decision Sas. You did more than I think any of us would have done to remedy the problem. I give you credit.
    I know it breaks your heart to do this, but you have to think about what poor Miley was going through. I hope her wound is healing up nicely.
    Now you can sit back and relax with Miley & Juni by your side to comfort you and help you overcome the pain of this heartbreaking,(but right) decision that you had to make.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Thanks everyone

I think the breeder is going to be the one who will best deal with Ti. She knows his personality better than anyone. For me to "guess" why he is this way is putting the next person/owner at risk. I think the breeder should be responsible for him, not me. She is finally taking responsibility. As I mentioned, she was very horrified to hear about Miley and several puncture wounds!

I have his food, toys and bed packed, ready to leave at a moment's notice. I also have his cranberry treats that he loves so much. He is fully vetted now and much more loved than when he came to me. I don't think he was abused, just not up to date on his shots and they didn't give me any food or history on him at all. I think the breeder is not the kind I like to deal with....but that doesn't mean that I have to be that way in return.

I trust his transition into his new home will be near the breeder's home and from what I understand there will be a 10 year old boy at the house for him to play with..... As I mentioned, his favorite toys will go with him too.

I am sure I will cry when he gets transferred, but the damage is done and it must happen that he be rehomed.

Right now Ti is sleeping in the closet where Miley lived for so many weeks. Ironic, eh? He likes it there and of course, her scent is all over the blankets etc.

I know this is the right move, especially after knowing how much damage was done to Miley. Short of having his teeth and claws removed, he will always be a threat to Miley.

I have not heard back from the breeder today. She said she or her son would meet me to pick up Ti.

Thanks for listening and caring!
    SAS