Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ti is going to a new home tomorrow

Sas;
    I've quietly followed your "story" and I read this post this morning. I really have no word of wisdom or advice. I just wanted to tell you that I have been thinking about you all day today. I can only imagine how you must feel. Your poor, poor Miley - how scared she must have been and how it must have broken your heart to learn of her punctures. I think you must be an amazing lady for having endured this after everything you went thorough with Gabe and Graemer. I know that you love Ti and you'll miss him but he will be a happy kitty in his new home. You are definitely making the right- and only choice!!!

I am really pleased to hear you have re-considered giving Ti back to the original breeder, she just sounds like so bad news.

I can really empathize with your situation, although not in the same, my Ash is a very temperamental cat, he is hard to love sometimes, but I still do, he does not like Lexie, but tolerates her, so I do not have that problem, he will give her a whack now and then to keep her in line and let her know who is boss, but if it ever came to it that he was treating her like Ti did with Miley, I would want to re-home him too, but I often comment no-one else would put up with a cantankerous cat like Ash.

I really hope this all works out, when Ti is re-homed, your household will be much happier, he sounds like a cat who needs to be the ONLY ONE , I must say he is rather beautiful, looks are deceiving eh .

Good luck and I wish you a happy outcome.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

SAS, I am so relieved that the NICE breeder will be rehoming Ti.

It must have been a difficult decision for you, as you'll have to hold on to Ti for a few days longer but I really free that you made the right choice to not let Ti go back to that distrustful woman.

Hopeing Miley gets well soon and bonds with Juni Rose properly without worring about Ti attentions.

May Ti get a nice furever home shortly, he deserves to have a suitable only cat home.

May you keep your great sense of humour and love those kitties (two happy campers at camp Vermont)

Oh SAS, I'm so sorry it has come to this, but it is the right decision. I, like most everyone else here, admire you for your persitence in trying and making it work out, and we all know this was a very tough decision, but it had to be made for the good of all.

Hopefully some of the options that VermontCat has found, or that the "nice" breeder have will pan out soon, so peace can reign once again at Camp Vermont.

{{{hugs}}} to you and Miley girl for all you've been through, and if you can, hugs to that little "itch" of yours for providing some relief from all the tension.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Miley is wandering around with tubes hanging all over

My stomach is doing flips. I am happy that she has not tried to remove the tubing, but it does look darn awful. Not painful, just goofy. I had to take Juni from the area because I was afraid she would try to tug on the tubes. The tubes will be removed Wed. morning and they need to stay to drain the junk from under her skin.

Tonight I will have to wash the one site and then put some cream on the areas near the tubes. Ugh. I should have some dinner first..... oh my stomach.... I know why I don't work with animals...I don't have what it takes.

Let me go tend to my dinner, then I must tackle Miley and pill her, etc. etc.

I will let everyone know when I hear from the good breeder.

Love,
    SAS

Really awful photo

Here is what poor Miley girl looks like - the tube runs through the back side of the same leg. She doesn't seem to mind it. I have pilled her, cleaned the site and have the cream to put on it later tonight. Then twice tomorrow for ten TEN, YES TEN days. I suppose Naomi has it much worse than I do, but still. It is so yucky to look at and touch. Oh well.

Oh poor, poor Miley. Can she hear Ti ? How is he handling banishment ? And little Juni Rose how is she reacting to all this. Hoping that nice breeder arranges something soon. What did the bad breeder say when you told her to forget about rehoming Ti ? I am so eager for all your trials to end so you can relax with the girls and know that Ti is happy in a new home.

Sometimes love just stinks. Deciding is very difficult and waiting for the resolution is even worse.

You are in my thoughts and prayers for health and peace to once again reign at Camp Vermont!
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

all is quiet now

Ti is on the porch and we cannot hear or see him. I had the TV and fans running all day...and now, so if he is howling we cannot hear him. When I got home from work, I did let Ti roam the house for a couple of hours while Miley was in the computer room, behind two locked doors with the AC on.....he was happy with that and then wandered back out onto the porch. I shut the door and he is out there for the night.

Miley is sleeping on the bed, having survived the cream, pills and cleaning. She was sleeping on my chest for awhile. She is so happy to be home and safe.

Juni is Juni. She is playing by herself, with furry mice. Tossing them into the air and then getting them back......on and off the bed.....She hasn't tuned in to Miley's tubes and that is good.

The nice breeder said she will call tomorrow night at the latest.

The not so nice breeder was happy to hear that I was going to handle Ti. She also told me that Ti spent most of his time growing up, in her son's bedroom. What is with that? Why keep a kitten locked in a bedroom? She has told me so many stories that I don't know which one(s) to believe. She also told me that Ti was in her bedroom as an older kitten and Ti was with a female that was worse than Ti. That explains a lot. It seems that the owners/breeders never tried to curb Ti's behavior...just let him get away with being mean when he wanted to be that way.

Ti is adjusting to the porch. It really is nice out there - cool, sunny in the day time.

I let Juni have the middle part of the house today, by herself. She was fine when I got home.

All is quiet here at Camp Vermont. Tomorrow is a new day.

Love,
    SAS

I have been lurking here for quite a while, in fact, I remember your loss of Gabe and Graemer sadly. I have read of your troubles with Ti since you got him as well as the stories of Miley's fear.

I remember when you would describe Miley with not so nice terms because she did not want to play or have anything to do with Ti. Now, I see the same not so nice words about Ti. It seems clear to me that Ti is a dominant cat (which Bengals can be) and simply scares Miley. In some situations, certain cats will not get along with each other, but they're just being cats. The Bengal breed is crossed with the Asian Leopard Cat with some outcrossing of the African Wildcat by some breeders (both wild cats, thus making the Bengal a "hybrid" breed), which makes it a naturally more agressive breed. The Abby is a very small and curious breed, but is also a more soft-hearted and sensitive breed of cat. Also, since Miley was the first cat in residence (meaning, she was there before both Ti and Juni), her needs should be the most prominent. At the first sign of aggression by Ti against Miley, I really would have wondered about my decision. Why did I adopt Ti?
    Unfortunately, when you are dealing with distinct breeds, "a cat is a cat is a cat" does not apply. The Abby and Bengal are completely opposite breeds and frankly, I am not surprised that Ti scares Miley so much.
    Also, Miley (and you sasvermont) has been through a lot, with the loss of her sibling Graemer and newer "sibling" Gabe has no doubt taken a toll on her emotionally. The addition of this dominant breed of cat is very hard on her because of what she has been through. It is not surprising, however, that she gets along with Juni, who was younger and of the same breed.

In my opinion it would have been a good idea to talk with a different breeder at the first sight of Miley's terror. I also wonder why research wasn't done on the Bengal breed as well as this breeder you seem to hate so much. (Although I am now glad you found a good one.) I do think it is the best idea to rehome Ti. I really hope that if you decide on getting another cat, you would consider going to the shelter and getting something that would be more cohesive with your established family. "Purebreeds", doesn't necessarily mean "best". Honestly, most "breeders" really aren't ethical, no matter how much you research. I really am not trying to be rude, but after watching this situation unfold I have to finally put in my two cents as a registered user.
    Last edited by NotSoFluffy; 07-22-2003 at 12:13 PM.

Oh my poor poor Miley girl. Enjoy cuddling with your meowmie a little -it is very good for both of you.

Little Juni, in a while you will have fun with your grown-up sister. It's so cute that you don't bother her right now and play with your fur mousies.

Dear Ti, I am sure that a good home is waiting for you.

Sallyanne, after this time (believe it or not: there will be an after ) maybe you can treat yourself to a day in a spa or so

Hmmmmmmmm

Dear Notsofluffy: The Bengal breed is not known for being vicious any more than a Pit Bull dog. I do believe this cat was not socialized properly. I think my major league error was not finding a good breeder. She lied and I didn't find out until after I had Ti.

I never thought Ti would really hurt Miley and once he did I acted quickly.

Miley does have a funny little personality - one that isn't so endearing when it comes to change. Her brother was the opposite. I did the best I could do with the situation.

Your comments are not unwelcomed, but I wonder why you know so much about the two breeds? Did you know that Bengal breeders consider Abys and Bengal good matches for house mates? Did you know that Bengal breeders outbreed to Abys?

Please do not hesitate to post again, just because I have responded..... I welcome your comments and advice. I just want to know your sources of information. If I find the sources to be valid, then maybe I will rethink the Bengal/Aby thing....and learn something.

Today Miley is in good spirits....sitting in air conditioning, healing. She goes in tomorrow for the removal of the tubes. She isn't enjoying being pilled each day, but what the heck!

Juni played with Ti this AM and then they all were put in the seperate sections. Such is life at Camp Vermont until Ti finds a new home, hopefully with a dominant Bengal kitty to keep Ti in line!

SAS

I have been thinking about your situation a lot. I have thankfully never had to make a decision like this, only having one cat. I really admire your strength in doing whatever you can to sort out a really bad situation. I hope things work out for Ti, and the other cats (and yourself) can settle down and get back to normal.

Sending special skritchies for Miley

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Sas, I just found a thread by NotSoFluffy in General where she talks about her 8 cats including 3 rescued Bengals.
    I posted there hoping that she has a link to the Bengal Rescue because I have not been able to find one for you.

I am glad to hear that things are pretty quiet at Camp Vermont this morning.
    I will make a couple more calls for you today and let you know if I come up with anything new.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

I just read this ... I'm so sorry things turned out this way sas

Good luck with everything .. I hope Ti will be happy in his new home