Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having a bit of a problem.. advice please..

Having a bit of a problem.. advice please..

okay im going up to tampa today...Snowballpuppiedog is also going.. she is leaving snowball with family.. Well last time they went to tampa (its for some pta convention our moms are best friends so are we... both in pta sorta thing..) so now my mom is going too and they brought snowball last time but little did i know that they Snuck her in... i wish someone woulda said this before we planned on bringing cami.. So now we have to bring cami... No one can watch her.. we dont wanna put her in a kennel... we have no idea what to do with her.. So here are the options.. We take her to tampa and she stays in the no dogs allowed hotel room or we take her and she gets taken away?? not very good options huh? So what do you guys think? i dont want her taken away from us? im just so mad that they didnt tell us before.. we could have made arrangments then instead of at the last minute.. ughh... sooo confusing.. So please advice..

Hmm....why dont you ship her down to me and I can watch her! lol, i wish. Umm...can you leave her with Snowball at Ashleys place?

well no because she is going too.. but i dont know if snowball and cami will get along because one day when i was on my way to school we brought cami and she was little.. and ashley called and asked if we could pick her up so we did and snowball didnt like it.. i guess ball could see her through the door...

I know this may not be the best thing to do but....do you have a crate for Cami? Maybe if you leave her in her crate she'll be okay?

well i know its not the best thing either but we cant leave her out of the crate when we arent home any way because shes still a puppy and still chews.. but if we leave her in the crate in the hotel room can they take her away?

Some hotels charge extra for dogs staying. Maybe you can call up the hotel and see if they'll let her stay? If not..the crate thing could work.....~ponders~

You need to either find a pet friendly hotel or board her. I would not leave her alone in a hotel where she wasn't allowed. If she was found, they could possibly take her to animal control. Chances are they wouldn't know if you put a Do Not Disturb sign up, but I would not take those chances
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I don't know exactly where you are going to be in Tampa, but La Quinta allows pets up to 50lbs here is a listing:

http://www.petswelcome.com

You just have to select the state and then the city.

You could also try a pet sitting service - they have different variations of service from a certain number of visits per day to staying at your house while you are gone.

Good Luck!

How long do you plan on staying? You know I'm only like 15-30 mins from Tampa.

Let me know how long and maybe I could watch her for you. I'd have to ask the rents and all.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Hmmm, I don't think I can be much of a help on this one. Maybe things will work out in a way that Kay Ann could take her. I hope something works out, though!
    Dayna, Alex, Phoebe, Cleo, Rolo, Scooter, & Holly

Thank you so much Popcornbird!

Options...

Most areas of the country have loads of pet sitting services, either coming by the house or living in your home while you are gone. Make sure they are reputable, have ref.s and are insured and bonded.

If you'd rather not board at a kennel, many vets board their own clients...give them a call

You already have the listing of pet friendly hotels; a great idea...and bring a crate if you have one!

KayAnn...

I would definitely advise you NOT to bring Cam to a "no pets" hotel and leave her unattended. Very risky and you'll be on edge every moment.

Good luck!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I'd have no problem watching her, it's just up to my parents.

-rx bandits

kayann,
    thanks so much for the offer but i have to tell my mom about it too... hmmm wonder if she will go for it.. very doubtful but hey ill ask.. but if not this is my plan.. we arent gonna be in the hotel room until we have to go to sleep so when we arent in the hotel we can just take cami with us when we arent in the hotel..

Its a little risky.....but Good Luck.

My mom said it would probably be allright but we need to know the specifics.

-rx bandits