Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A cat behaviorist is coming out to the house!

A cat behaviorist is coming out to the house!

I called my vet this morning to talk about my problems with Miley and Ti. I was referred to a behaviorist - and she is coming out on August 7th, to observe the situation and give me advice. It will be expensive, but not any more than I have already spent on those silly diffusers!

I will have to fill out a questionaire first, then she will visit for 2 hours. I am so happy - and hopeful. The vet's office said that this woman works miracles with cats and HAS in the past, repaired fighting cats...cats that poop at the sight of the other one....and that is my situation too! I am so, so, so hopeful!

Love and thanks to all of you.

I am so tired of this situation and now there is light at the end of the tunnel!

SAS

Best of luck to you, SAS!

SAS you surely do love your kitties . Hurry up Aug. 7th. Major hugs to Miley and you. How's Juni faring in all this ?

This sounds great. I am very very curious what she will say. Please note every single word and give it to us. (ok.....I know....) I also have been thinking about this beahvior -I never have seen something like this.

Hey there is some hope in that story

Sorry to hear about your situation with Miley and Ti Sallyanne, cats can be expensive pets can’t they! I really hope it helps.
    Did you ever see the Osbournes and their pooping dogs? They had some sort of dog psychiatrist in, but it didn’t seem to work very well, they just kept on pooping on the expensive rugs anyway. Hope she helps more than theirs did! We’ll all be crossing our fingers and paws here, and looking forward to hearing a report.

john

"Peace cannot be achieved through violence,
    it can only be attained through understanding."
    Albert Einstein

Just another thought. I don't know that much about Bengal's but could the fact that a wild cat is in the mix and not that far back generation wise cause him to have traits that would affect how he deals with other cats. The fact that Miley runs away from him in fear could trigger his hunting instincts and then he no longer has control either. Juni on the other hand wants to play and has no fear of him and so does not trigger the same reaction. Sigh....

I am going to buy Miley a gun....

Maybe if Miley has a gun, it will keep Ti away!

I will take notes when the behaviorist comes out! Until then, the doors will be locked between the cats, in an effort to build Miley's confidence level. Ugh!

Sallyanne, you are my hero! You are going to every effort to make this work and I really, really admire you for doing it. Now, if you can just keep the peace until that behaviorist gets there in August!!!! Having a Miley (in the form of Mimi) and a Ti (in the form of Butter) of my own, I feel for you, every single time you report another episode. I do think that my cats do ok because they can get enough space from each other in the two story house and by going outdoors.

Fingers, paws and claws all crossed here that the three kitties can live in harmony and you can finally relax!!!!

Saint SAS, you are an inspiration to us all

Maybe she could come over and explain to Moose The Magnificent the benefits of going on a diet! The big fellow now tops off at 25 pounds!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

All fingers and paws are crossed here hoping that everything works out. Please take notes and tell us everything she does.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

Good luck!
    Oreo and Molly

Sas, I think it is absolutely wonderful you are trying everything under the sun. I will be praying the cat behaviorist can work some miracles! I am sure it'll be well worth your money
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Thats very promising news. I once read a book by a cat behaviorist and they can have the ability to see things that you might not be aware of that can be part of the problem. The fact that you are so willing to stick it out and try new things will be very beneficial. It must also be somewhat of a relief to realize that you are not the only one who has ever gone through this.

I hope this works for you and the entire gang.

These are not the droids you were looking for

Sallyanne, I'm so glad that you're not giving up yet and willing to try a cat behaviorist. I sure hope that she can help Ti and Miley overcome their issues towards each other. All fingers and paws are crossed here. Good luck.