Thread: This is what heppens in my neck of the woods..

This is what happens in my neck of the woods..

LOCAL NEWS
    Owners' spat sends pitbull on rampage

The Province
    Tuesday, July 15, 2003
    ADVERTISEMENT

A pit bull that fled after being shot and wounded by police was captured yesterday and sent to the pound for assessment.

Vancouver police were called to Clark and Parker about 3:15 am. because the dog's owners, a couple, were fighting in the front seat of their car.

When police approached, the pit bull-whippet cross lunged at officers, who fired twice, hitting the dog in the front left leg.

"We are concerned about the aggressiveness of the dog," said Const. Sarah Bloor. "The pit bull lunged at the officers through the open rear window. They shot the dog, and the dog fled."

Bloor said the couple continued to fight even after officers shot their dog.

The dog was caught after it hobbled back to its Clark Drive home.

A 33-year-old man faces assault charges. The 26-year-old woman was treated for minor injuries.

What amazes me is that the couple continued to argue after the dog was shot and ran away.......
    If the couple was arguing in the front seat then I would assume that the dog was feeling somewhat protective of his owners and the car so why punish it with a bullet? Surely there must have been another way to stop the fight without harming the dog.......
    Last edited by slick; 07-17-2003 at 03:26 PM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I can't say I would really blame the police in that situation. The dog was lunging at them.. and if the dog was feeling protective, then I hate to think what would have happened. Also, the police didn't shoot and kill the dog, just immobilize it, which is a lot better than shooting to kill it.

Stupid pigs.

stupid, evil COUPLE

I don't know, call me stupid, but if I were a police officer and wanted to approach a car with an excited Rottie in the back I'd at least ask the driver to roll up the back windows.....
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

--Polar Express

I didn't even hear about this...man I should start watching the news more. Yea, I feel like the dog was probably protecting it's owners. Kai does that when anyone play fights, especially when my brother attacks his mommy. Poor dog

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Um, okay, I think the police officers and that couple are all stupid.

It's a dog in a car --- you should expect it to protect it's property! Leather would have been put down a million times for lunging at people from the car. Someone was even stupid enough to put her face up to Leather, who was barking and growling like crazy. Well, she got attacked on the face.

The couple was stupid for not even caring about their dog. They are obviously not very attentive. They didn't even stop fighting. I hope that dog finds new owners who will take care of him and love him more.
    I've been BOO'd!

I wish the best for this poor dog along with a new home and caring owners.

This whole story makes me sick! They shot the dog??

That sounds just a little too trigger happy to me.

As for the couple...........oh, why even bother thinking about them?

Omg!! The dog looked at me...oh its a pit bull! SHOOT IT!

People Suck.

I agree with Naomi here. The dog jumped out of the window and lunged at the officer. I can honestly say that it doesn't matter what breed of dog jumped out of a window and tried to attack me I would protect myself. The police was just trying to do his job. He didn't kill the dog, he was just trying to protect himself.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

I think I may have missed something here. My impression was that the dog lunged at them through the open window, not that the dog jumped out of the window and then lunged.

That's the media for ya. It does not say whether the dog lunged through the open window or literally jumped out of the window and attacked.....

Then there is another story in the Sun today about a petting zoo in Nanaimo. For the fourth time last night, vandals broke in and killed yet more of the pets. So far in the past 6 days they've killed a hen, baby chicks, a guinea pig and some ducks. Apparently they're bodies were then just tossed around in the dirt.

I hate people.
    --unknown

--Polar Express

wow Slick, time for you to head on over to Richards, allow me to buy you the first one.
    Laurie