Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ti and Miley tangle AGAIN!

Re: Miley is tired!

Originally posted by sasvermont
    Maybe I should take up growing African violets!
    At least you're keeping your sense of humor about it, but I know that is only covering the sense of frustration you must be feeling. Poor Miley girl. It's just not right that she is so scared in her own home, and unfortunately, like Rachel says, it might just be time to throw in the towel and admit that Ti needs a new home. Juni might miss his rough-housing, but maybe you could get another Aby kitten to keep her from overwhelming Miley. Miley doesn't seem to have a problem with kittens, just older, adult, aggressive cats. So maybe just another kitten, Aby or not would be good for Juni and being a kitten Miley would accept it.

I too was hoping there wouldn't be another incident like this. It sounds like the only alternative to re-homing Ti is to make sure every door in the house has a hook lock on it and just giving it more time.....

{{{Hugs}}} to you while you try to make a difficult decision.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

What a difficult predicament. Rehoming Ti will make Juni pine for attention. It sounds terrible but what about rehoming Miley? Its only a suggestion of course but it seems to me she prefers being an only cat. Please don't take that the wrong way, its just another alternative to growing African Violets.

I would hate to have to live in the situation you are in now Sas.
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

Oh no SAS, I'm so sorry to hear this news.

Just a thought, would it perhaps work if you got a tranquilizer for Ti? It might take the edge of his aggression until he and Miley hopefully could learn to get along. Our vet gave us 5 mg. Diazepam pills, which is similar to Valium/Stesolid for Fister and worked wonders on New Years Eve during the fireworks, and also when we had to get him into his carrier. Perhaps it would cool down Ti enough to not attacking poor Miley.

You do need a break - all of you!

Whatever you decide, good luck!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

SAS, you are such a wonderful person. I would not have held out so long before making a decision. It's not only stressful on the kitties but stress can do really bad things on our bodies as well. Please know that I am in support of any decision you make and I'm sure all PT'ers will agree that you've done your best.

Hugs to you SAS!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Originally posted by slick
    SAS, you are such a wonderful person. I would not have held out so long before making a decision. It's not only stressful on the kitties but stress can do really bad things on our bodies as well. Please know that I am in support of any decision you make and I'm sure all PT'ers will agree that you've done your best.

Hugs to you SAS!!
    I second this. I couldn't handle Oliver for more than a few weeks, I have no idea how you are staying sane for this long. If you need me for anything, please let me know.

Maybe Ti's breeder has some ideas?
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I am going to call the Vet tomorrow...

Miley is really acting strangely tonight. I gave her an ear of Gabe's old anti-anxiety medication. I hope it does the trick. I will call the Vet tomorrow, to ask about giving some drugs to both of them for awhile. I just have to try one more time. Maybe I should take the drugs!

I have checked Miley from head to toe and there doesn't seem to be any place on her that is damaged! I think she has had her spirit broken. Right now she is hiding in the bathtub area because I dragged her out of the bed clothes, since she was there all day.....

I have not heard from the nice Bengal breeder today, after emailing her earlier in the day, wanting to make arrangements to rehome Ti. I just know she will try to convince me to work it out....

Another day, another idea. I may just run out.

I have considered rehoming Miley, but of the two cats, Miley is my girl in my heart. I love big Ti Ti, but not like Miley girl. So, yes, I considered rehoming her, but not for long!

I would like a miracle, for sure!

Tomorrow is a new day.

This is the real Miley......irresistable!
    Sas I know you never really thought seriously of rehoming Miley but I can understand the stress of the situation making you crazy !! Miley is your heart and also a link to sweet Graemer. For all your sakes I hope you get the answers you need to solve this dilemna so that everyone is happy and at peace or at least able to co-exist together.

Originally posted by lailamara

This is the real Miley......irresistable!
    Miley is your heart and also a link to sweet Graemer.
    This is exactly what I was thinking. Whatever Miley's problem is she is your baby girl and Grammy Crackers' Lil Sis.

Thanks for posting that picture. It certainly is precious. I do hope that Miley will once again be happy at some point.

Oh no, what a predicament.

I'll be praying for you and all your furry brood. So sad that it didn't work out for the three fur-kids together.... I am amazed at the patience you've shown in a TOUGH situation, SAS.

{{{hugs}}}
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

I checked Miley again!

I really thought about staying home from work today, to be with Miley. She slept right next to me all night, not moving a bit. She did hide in the covers when she heard Ti outside the bedroom door, meowing like he does. She looks so worn out and scared. I don't know what happened two days ago, on the futon, but there must have been a good battle. Things were running so smoothly, and Miley had built up quite a sense of confidence, then whammo, right back down.

I will let you guys know what I decide over the weekend.

Love and thanks,

SAS and her three brats!