Thread: Perhaps this is premature but I'm worried.

Perhaps this is premature but I'm worried.

I think by now, everyone knows I'm going to vet tech school as well as grad. school this fall? (Vet Tech classes start the Aug. 25th, grad school begins Sept 2.) At any rate, I'm worried about K'Cee, Piper, and the move.

K'Cee travels extremely well, so that's not where my worries lie. My concern is how she will handle the new environment, especially since it'll be a single cat household. Granted, our cats tend to ignore each other (they don't cuddle but they don't fight), K'Cee and Tinker will occasionally play together.

Now. Stop it! I know what you're going to say ... I don't want another cat right now! (Ok, so I'd *love* to have more but I will not -for financial/time constrictions- bring in another one at this point in time.)

K'Cee's REALLLLYYY laid back & at home in almost every scenario, but still I worry....

Piper, on the otherhand, is my nervous ball of fluff. I may wait until the new apartment is set up and then bring him "home."

Do you guys have any suggestions (that don't involve getting another kitty)? Should I expect her personality to change?

Help, please!

Foster a rescue kitty for an organization that provides for its needs.
    (OK, you know I could not resist suggestiong a 2nd cat........this was my sneaky way)

Her personality won't change, her actions might, but she'll still be fuzzy little K'Cee, no worries! I'd get everything set up, THEN move both critters in on the same day, so there's no "It was MINE first!" stuff ...

Zippy-cat, you could present K.C. with a banquet of goodies, things that your furkid likes, to help start her off on a positive identification with your new place. I have found this alway helps when bringing a new furkid home or changing residences. ( I cannot speak for the bunny, as I am not familiar with their habits).

.........wayne

Originally posted by Karen
    Her personality won't change, her actions might ...
    That's another question I had...
    I love my lil' robust ball o' fluff & her kitteny "bring-on-the-world, I'll-pounce-anything-that-wiggles" confidence. I don't want any of that to change. (Yes, I realize it will as she ages.) I've never moved a kitten from a multi-cat household before... (We moved with Tom but it was a single-cat household to begin with.)

I'm also nervous about finding good vet(s).... *bites nails*

Jenn - I'm not sure that would work: I wouldn't want to give him/her up (and that was your underlying intention, wasn't it? ...sneaky girl! ).

Wayne - that's not a bad idea! I'll have to order a new bag of micies & a couple cans of food!

Thank you all for your suggestions!!