Thread: Another sad story...Pit Bull mauls little girl

Another sad story...Pit Bull mauls little girl

This was in the paper of a nearby town.

Pre-Teen Norristown Girl Latest Victim Of Pit Bull Attack
    Four People Attacked In Two Weeks

POSTED: 6:29 p.m. EDT July 10, 2003
    UPDATED: 6:54 p.m. EDT July 10, 2003

NORRISTOWN, Pa. -- Four people in the Norristown area have been attacked by pit bulls in the last 15 days. In two cases, the dogs were put to death.

The most recent victim was Asia Mobley, 9.

"I was just scared. I was scared it would eat my little sister because before that happened, me and her was arguing and, I mean, I wanted nothing to happen to my little sister," said Luckeya Hall, Asia's sister.

Asia was attacked by a neighbor's pit bull on Tuesday while she was riding her scooter up the street.

"I just fell on the ground and it start getting my ear and it got close to my neck," Asia told NBC 10 News.

The girl's uncle came to the rescue.

"I picked up the scooter and I started charging after him to try to do what I could do, kill the dog, basically," said Anthony Hall.

Hall did not kill the dog, but he did get Asia out of danger. The girl was bitten 12 times.

A neighbor who kept the dog said kids frequently attacked the pit bull. She said she didn't think the dog should have been destroyed.

Ronald Lewis of animal control said that dogs have attacked four people in Norristown in the last two weeks.

Asia's mother said she, herself, has a pit bull. She said she doesn't blame the dog for nearly killing her daughter. She blames the owner.

"People should keep their dogs chained up that have pit bulls and can't control them," Tonya Mobley said.

The Norristown animal control officer said the neighbor who was keeping the dog was cited and can face up to $300 in fines.

Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant

Poor Poor Pitty's another bad mark...Lil asia, I hope you don't grow up with the fear of these four legged creatations called dogs, for they are wonderful, Im sorry you had to experiance this.

What a sad story.

I just hate it when people can't be responsible for their dogs
    They are well aware of the bad rap that pits often get, yet they let them loose anyway

I hope little Asia doesn't grow up afraid now.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

It's such a shame that dogs are treated as such low beings.

Even the sleaziest sleazeballs get a trial and a lawyer... but a dog who was frequently attacked by kids attacks a kid and gets put to sleep........ B.S.

Originally posted by I Love Brian, Forever <3
    It's such a shame that dogs are treated as such low beings.

Even the sleaziest sleazeballs get a trial and a lawyer... but a dog who was frequently attacked by kids attacks a kid and gets put to sleep........ B.S.
    Way of life...humans are supior wether we like it or not. sad truth is I highly doubt we can change or do anything about it. Life sucks.

It sucks that you're going to go through life thinking you can't change it or do anything about it.
    I'm definitely not going to sit back and have that kind of attitude towards it.
    The day I've tried everything I possibly can and have failed in every attempt to change it........ that's when I'll say I doubt we can do anything about it or change it.

How Can I a 15 year old who already is doing so much, do anything more. I have gotten so many looks every time I take my Rotty out. "Why do you keep her" "Get the mutt out of here", I teach kids in 4H. I am a 4H youth leader and I show kids every week how to properly care and raise there dogs, why to spay and neuter, how to show there dog, how its better to train your dog so one day it doesn't end up like this. In 4 years Im going off to a college in Ohio with my rotty to learn how to train for search and rescue. Im sad to say I've never met a Pitty, but rottys are my life, and they are a fellow bad name breed.
    The reason I said I highly doubt is because I don't think I can change over 20 million minds. I would like to take back that previous statment. I ment that I highly doubt in my life time dogs or any animal will come close to being treated as equals, why do I think this is true? Because the civil war ended slavery years ago and people today are still racist, and treat some lower than other...and they ARE HUMANS. Plus I would rather look at the cup half emty so I have something to work for.

Very good way of putting it. I apologize, I didn't know that you were doing all of that.

I had two rottweilers, I still have one, but one passed away. Fortunately, no one has ever really said anything to me if I take her out... they just comment on her weight.

As for the comments you have to hear about your rotty, that's just ridiculous. I hope you don't let any of them get to you.

Search and Rescue

Not to change the subject, but there'a abook you might be interested in...The Search by Iris Johonson. It's really good about Search and rescue. Good luck.

Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant

Originally posted by I Love Brian, Forever <3
    Very good way of putting it. I apologize, I didn't know that you were doing all of that.

I had two rottweilers, I still have one, but one passed away. Fortunately, no one has ever really said anything to me if I take her out... they just comment on her weight.

As for the comments you have to hear about your rotty, that's just ridiculous. I hope you don't let any of them get to you.
    I too apologize, I was rude to start off and plus you had no way of knowing..I don't bring it up much. For the comments I just either educate on the spot or walk away and ignore..best way to do it..or I think.