Thread: Update On Oakley (the park feral)

Update On Oakley (the park feral)

I just received this note from Oakley (now named Apu) new owner. This is amazing to me:

"Now things are getting interesting. I have had many cats in my life. Apu will be the first litterless one.... Meaning he is now using the toilet for both of his toilet needs".

"We draped a leash over Mack my black lab to watch Apu run after the trailing end, and he was not disappointed. Apu has pounced on both dogs and the three of them are playing together". "Thanks again for such a precious little gift.... And how wonderful to meet more kind hearted people in the process"!

The toilet thing floors me! I would love to toilet train our cats! I have asked for more pictures and will post when I receive them.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

YEAH!!!! for Oakley aka Apu. I love happy endings.

people have the notion that if they leave a Cat in the park that it will naturally fend for himself. But a Cat has to be taught to hunt and this is not fair to the animals already living in the park. some people should be abandoned ,serve them right!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

What a WONDERFUL success story! That really makes everything so worth it to hear things like that. My eyes are filling with tears now. That is so sweet!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I love happy endings, they just make my day. Going away from my desk to do the Happy Happy Joy Joy dance.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

WOW! What a wonderful story, with an amazingly happy ending!
    Boy, this baby made SURE he has a permanent home.... toilet-training himself and all!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Wow! This is quite an amazing success story. I'm so glad that Apu and his new owner were able to find each other.

Here's Apu getting ready to do his number. They tried to get him in the actual action, but missed. They will keep trying:

And here's just a sweet shot. Notice his ear got tipped. We tip all ferals we trap so we know which ones we've already caught. Unfortunatley we didn't know he would be lucky enough to get a home. Guess this will be a character mark! Our little Bo's ear is tipped also.

Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Awwwww he's adorable even with his tipped ear. This gives him character. My Sky's ear is notched and I thought it was because of a cat fight but later learned that the Humane Society now notches one of the ears so they know that's where the cat came from. I also adopted Storm from the Humane Society about 6 1/2 years ago and his ears aren't notched. This must be a new thing that they're doing.

Way to home another kitty! Toilet trained, or not, what a great story.

Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
    Awwwww he's adorable even with his tipped ear. This gives him character. My Sky's ear is notched and I thought it was because of a cat fight but later learned that the Humane Society now notches one of the ears so they know that's where the cat came from. I also adopted Storm from the Humane Society about 6 1/2 years ago and his ears aren't notched. This must be a new thing that they're doing.
    Wow, I've never heard of the Humane Society doing this! We do it so we know which cats we've had fixed. When you start doing 90+ there's some that really look alike and you wonder if it's one you've caught or not. Once you see the ear tip you know it is!

Your Storm sure looks like our Parker!

What a clever clever kitty. And soooo cute

As usual I'm very late in noticing this post!

I can't believe that someone gave this adorable kitty up! It makes me so mad that people think that animals can fend for themselves......

I am SO glad that you & Kevin are doing what you do, and saving all the kitties in our area. Do they give out Nobel Prizes to people like you??!!
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

Originally posted by Catsnclay
    As usual I'm very late in noticing this post!

I can't believe that someone gave this adorable kitty up! It makes me so mad that people think that animals can fend for themselves......

I am SO glad that you & Kevin are doing what you do, and saving all the kitties in our area. Do they give out Nobel Prizes to people like you??!!
    We're not sure if someone dumped him, or if he was born there. He would not let us anywhere near him in the few weeks we were feeding him. Usually a "dumped" pet cat will be leary of us for a day or so, but once he sees we're friendly, providing food, etc. he'll come right to us. This one never did. I guess we'll never know.

A Nobel Prize would be nice but about the only thing we get is a call asking us if we know someone that wants a cat, or the park calls and said they see a new one! Of course the biggest prize of all is the satisfaction we get from helping/saving these babies!