Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I got a job!!!!

I got a job!!!!

Well, I was driving by this place called Core Electric on my way to the animal shelter. They had a sign outside for a receptionist. I immediately made a U-turn and went in (in jeans and a teeshirt) with my resume and asked to apply for the job.

I apologized for the way I was dressed and explained where I was going. The woman laughed and said no problem.

Well, I had my interview on Wednesday with the owner's wife who also happens to work there (she's also an R.N.). Very nice woman. The interview went very well and I had a great feeling about it. The place is only a mile from my house!!!

She told me she had at least 4 other women to interview and would call me on Monday. If I didn't hear from her, she told me to call her. The very next day, I wrote a thank you note (a little etiquette I learned from employment agencies) and hand delivered it. I called on Monday and she told me she had 2 more people to intervew, but I was in the top running. She promised me she'd call me that night one way or the other.

When I got home, there was a message to call her. She said she was offering me the job, that she was very impressed with my qualifications and asked me if I could start on Monday. I told her that my daughter was visiting from CT and her plane leaves on Monday at 1 p.m. but I would be willing to come in and have someone else drive her to the airport. Mrs. Goodman told me "Ya know what, enjoy your last day with your daughter, and I'll see you bright and early Tuesday morning!"

WOOHOO!!!!!! Finally, I'm gainfully employed. I still have heard NOTHING from the Michigan Humane Society. Their loss!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

YYYAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!! Congratulations, Donna! And it sounds like a nice place to work, with nice people - how great is that?

We'll have to celebrate with you at the Dog Park! I think I read where somebody's bringing some beer -
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

congratulations!

YEAH!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

YAY!!!!!!!! I'm so glad Donna!!!!

Its most definitely the Humane Society's loss....
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Donna, that's wonderful news. Welcome to the working world. I hope things go well for you there. We'll have a toast just for you at Dick's place today.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Here's my 2nd Congratulations.

(I see you couldn't wait till Sunday.. )
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Congratulations on your new job

Yay! Celebratory catnip for all! Okay, Donna, you can pick your own celebration treat ... ice cream sundae?

Congratulations Donna! Isn't it a feeling of relief to find something so close to home! That's great! I hope you really like your new job!

**hugs**
    Karen

Donna that`s wonderful! Congratulations!

CONGRATS !!! I'm sooooooo hapy for you!!!

Wonderful news!!!!!!
    I am so happy for you!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

*doing a happy little dance in my chair*

Donna, I am really happy for you. I know that it has been a tough time...........and you have been overdue for a nice break!