Thread: Almost burnt down the house

Almost burnt down the house

I finally have done it and have almost burned the house down

Well, I was cooking bacon and I guess I cooked it to long. The smoke started rising from the pan and I couldn't see the bottom of the pan. I turned the oven off and waited for the smoke to stop but it didn't lol. I finally was like, I hope the smoke alarm doesn't go off as I turn to go down the hall way I look in the living room to check on Nova only to discover I can't even see across the room. I didn't relize how bad the smoke got. I called Nova and she came and I took her outside and tied her to the tree. (I didn't want her to inhale to much smoke and in case there was a fire I didn't see I wanted her to be safe). i looked akll around for a fire I was missing just in case and there was none so I opened all the windows and doors to get the smoke out of the house. I also got all the fans from the bedroom but the ones in Julians room and turned them on in the living room. I closed all bedroom doors cause the smell was over whelming and I was afreid the furniture would smell, LOL. Between the smell and the smoke I was having trouble taking in a breath without coughing after words. I finally got all the smoke out of the house and everything back under controllle, o and I got Nova back in to.

Needless to say I have a pretty stinyk house and some stinky furniture in the livign room. I'm washing my blanket right now to get the smell off of it and I'm gonna have ot do somethign bout the carpet and walls cause they reak, LOL.

Thigns I learned today-

you should know where the fire extinguisher is BEFORE the fire, I found out where mine was an hour AFTER the fire, LOL

And

The smoke alarm will go off when you have cooked the cake to long, but when you finally burn the house down the smoke alarm won't work, LOL

I'm gonna go back to ceral and blue berries

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

What happened to Super Fire Dog Nova come to save the day??
    I've been BOO'd!

LOL! Poor You! I love the smell of Bacon

I made the smoke alarm go off and I was just making Roman noodles! I was heating up the water on the stove and inside the pan looked like metal but I just thought my mom got a new pan...thing...so I just went on about my buisness. About 10 min. later the water STILL wasn`t boiling so I was like what`s going on? Then I noticed the Red Pan...thing...was during a dark maroon. I knew that wasn`t right so I tured off the gas and poured out the water, While I was doing that a metal bowl fell out of the pan...thing... I`m very Smart!!

Lmao... sorry.. but I just had to luagh.
    I'm glad nothing happened to anyone, and everyone's allright though.

I'm a pro at cooking breakfast... Just ask everyone, I'm Always cooking breakfast. I love doing sunny side up eggs and bacon with some toast!

I love doing omlettes as well!!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I'm so glad everyone's ok!!! I'm glad you got Nova out of there right away--that was some fast thinking!!!

My sister and I filled the house with some pretty nasty smoke one time making........................

microwave popcorn
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Reminds me of my FIRST bacon-cooking experience...

NO ONE told me you weren't suppose to add oil to the pan.
    Good thing Dad walked in just as the flames started.

Me & the microwave have become the best of buds!

WOW! Glad everyone was okay!

I did that one time...with the microwave....I forgot to take the aluminum (sp?) foil off of the plate....

To help get rid of the smell u can try fabreze (sp). I'm sensitive to smells & it hasn't bothered me at all. & my dad used it to get rid of the nasty dog smell in the house & he liked it, hes a very picky man & hates smelly stuff

lol I have done that before!! making grilled cheese sandwitches! I started an oven fire! my mom gave me this tip:turn off the stove remove the pan from the burner and sprinkle baking soda on the flame

edit:for my stupidly writing "turn off the stones" lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Don't feel bad-everyone's done it-my mom is a horrid cook-we used to say we knew dinner was ready when the smoke alarm went off. she's grateful I went to cooking school-the hardware store isn't-we don't have to replace the alarm every three months.
    Glad nothing worse happened to you and the beasties
    Artists and dogs are not meant to be understood;merely adored!!!

When we first got Mitchy I thought it would be a good idea to boil all of the nylabones. That way Mitchy would think they are all new bones and that they are his.

So I got the largest pot I could find, put water in it and threw the bones in it and cranked the fire.

A friend comes over and we go downstairs for awhile...then we go outside for awhile...then we go downstairs again for awhile and then he leaves.

45 minutes later I walk into the kitchen and thought, "that's right, I was boiling the bones"...needless to say all of the water had evaporated from the pot and basically I ruined the bones and the pot!

The moral of this story? Never ruin the pot!